The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Bad Meets Evil wins at Detroit Music Awards

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Bad Meets Evil wins at Detroit Music Awards

Postby Amaranthine » Apr 29th, '12, 02:19

DETROIT — Bob Seger, Kid Rock and Eminem were among the winners at the 21st annual Detroit Music Awards, presented at an evening celebration Friday at the Fillmore.

The night’s big winner was the local band the Howling Diablos, taking home five trophies — mostly for its 2011 album “Ultra Sonic Gas Can” — while frontman Martin “Tino” Gross won three individual awards, including Outstanding Producer.

Seger received the Outstanding Anthology/Compilation/Reissue award for a new, remastered version of his 1975 “Live Bullet” album. Eminem shared the Outstanding National Major Label Album prize with fellow rapper Royce da 5’ 9” for “Hell: The Sequel,” their collaboration performing as Bad Meets Evil.

Rock, meanwhile, won Outstanding Video/Major Budget for the clip of his single “Care,” which was filmed in Detroit.

Also receiving awards were Mayer Hawthorne, whose “The Walk” was named Outstanding National Single; and Dennis Coffey, Outstanding National Small/Independent Label Album for his self-titled 2011 release.

Other multiple Detroit Music Awards winners included Ty Stone and Jill Jack with three each, and Thornetta Davis, Jim McCarty, Cybertribe, Luis Resto, Billy Brandt and drummer Skeeto Valdez with two each. Rapper Hush also received a pair of trophies along with a Special Achievement Award for founding and operating Detroit Dog Rescue.

The ’60s and early ’70s all-female rock groups the Pleasure Seekers and Cradle — featuring Suzi Quatro and her sisters — received a Distinguished Achievement Award on Friday, as did Detroit’s Saint Andrew’s Hall in honor of its 30th anniversary. Quatro, who became famous in the U.S. playing the role of Pinky Tuscadero on “Happy Days,” now lives in England. She was originally scheduled to perform, but was unable to attend because of an accident that injured her knee and wrist.

Source
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Eminem News and Site Updates