The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Goodie Mob Laments Lost Eminem Collaboration

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Goodie Mob Laments Lost Eminem Collaboration

Postby SG. » Jun 5th, '13, 22:08

Cee Lo, Big Gipp, T-Mo and Khujo previewed their new "Age Against The Machine" album at a private event in Los Angeles.

Goodie Mob previewed several selections from its forthcoming Age Against The Machine album at an exclusive listening event in Los Angeles yesterday (June 5). Cee Lo, Big Gipp, T-Mo and Khujo all answered questions about their first album in 14 years during a 90-minute Q&A session.

As has been the case throughout Goodie Mob's career, the Atlanta-based quartet raps extensively about socital issues, racial dynamics and male-female relationships on its new album, which is due August 27. The up-tempo song "White Power" features Cee Lo reimagining the concept, something he said was "a black perspective on white power." During the Q&A session, Cee Lo said that Eminem almost appeared on track, but changed his mind. "I could've sworn Eminem would've done this song with me," said Cee Lo, who added that Eminem's "newly found Christianity" may have been the reason why he didn't appear on the song. "I thought he would eat the controversy up, but it was kind of hard for me to address it as a white rapper, me being black. But my black perspective on white power was my relationship with him."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... laboration
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Re: Goodie Mob Laments Lost Eminem Collaboration

Postby Francesco » Jun 7th, '13, 11:14

Francesco wrote:Ok that sucks... Goodie Mob, Outkast & the whole Dungeon Family... :worship:

Like I pointed out in the other thread... that's a bummer. I'd love a collaboration like that.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Return to Eminem News and Site Updates