The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminems Recent Material "On Another Level"

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Re: Eminems Recent Material "On Another Level"

Postby Evan C. » Dec 14th, '07, 00:54

4D wrote:Bar's right the people around him are not gonna say it sucks if it indeed does, which is a pity, 'cos maybe if he wasn't surrounded by a bunch of yes men, he might have to work harder to make the kinda music and lyrics that made him what he is. But, in saying that, I also don't think Eminem needs anyone else's opinion, except his fans. Because at the end of the day, Eminem knows hip-hop, understands the level of lyricism he was at, and so should know that some of the music he's been releasing lately is not up to scratch. Ok for the club-banging mainstream corny-ass rappers, but not even near OK for a rapper of EMinem's pedigree. Let's hope that it's not all just propoganda, and that maybe it is on another level, but I think we'd all settle for some of his early-days level, when he was on another level compared to virtually anybody.

Great post. :flower:
MikeNUFC, Amadeo, Evan C., EminemInsider

= you dealin' with a few true villains
Evan C.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cnux » Dec 14th, '07, 11:25

EMINEM'S MOM RELEASES TELL-ALL BOOK, REVEALS RAPPER'S BATTLE W/ DEPRESSION

According to platinum rapper Eminem's mom, Debbie Nelson, Slim Shady is a manic depressive who has lost control of his life.

Nelson has released a tell-all book about her son entitled My Son Marshall, My Son Eminem, in which she says the superstar has battled depression for years. According to Nelson, Eminem's condition worsened after his ex-wife Kim Mathers gave birth to their daughter Hailie, who is 11. She said his mood has become even more dangerous since Em and Kim split for a second time in 2006.

A family friend told Life and Style magazine, "[Debbie] just hopes he'll read [the book] and realize how loved he is. She fears she'll end up burying him unless he gets help ... We all see him teetering on the edge of self-destruction."

Em and his mother have been involved in a bitter feud for years, and he rapped about his hatred for her in a string of popular singles. Nelson even hit her son with a $7 million lawsuit in 2002, claiming defamation. But reportedly, Em had a change of heart when his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and he agreed to foot the medical bill in excess of $200,000.

My Son Marshall, My Son Eminem is available in the UK now and will hit the U.S. market in 2008.

Sourced from sohh.com...
cnux
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby SajN » Dec 14th, '07, 11:30

4D wrote:Bar's right the people around him are not gonna say it sucks if it indeed does, which is a pity, 'cos maybe if he wasn't surrounded by a bunch of yes men, he might have to work harder to make the kinda music and lyrics that made him what he is. But, in saying that, I also don't think Eminem needs anyone else's opinion, except his fans. Because at the end of the day, Eminem knows hip-hop, understands the level of lyricism he was at, and so should know that some of the music he's been releasing lately is not up to scratch. Ok for the club-banging mainstream corny-ass rappers, but not even near OK for a rapper of EMinem's pedigree. Let's hope that it's not all just propoganda, and that maybe it is on another level, but I think we'd all settle for some of his early-days level, when he was on another level compared to virtually anybody.

Great one :y: :worship:
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby BigBangBazinga » Dec 14th, '07, 23:21

cnux wrote:EMINEM'S MOM RELEASES TELL-ALL BOOK, REVEALS RAPPER'S BATTLE W/ DEPRESSION

According to platinum rapper Eminem's mom, Debbie Nelson, Slim Shady is a manic depressive who has lost control of his life.

Nelson has released a tell-all book about her son entitled My Son Marshall, My Son Eminem, in which she says the superstar has battled depression for years. According to Nelson, Eminem's condition worsened after his ex-wife Kim Mathers gave birth to their daughter Hailie, who is 11. She said his mood has become even more dangerous since Em and Kim split for a second time in 2006.

A family friend told Life and Style magazine, "[Debbie] just hopes he'll read [the book] and realize how loved he is. She fears she'll end up burying him unless he gets help ... We all see him teetering on the edge of self-destruction."

Em and his mother have been involved in a bitter feud for years, and he rapped about his hatred for her in a string of popular singles. Nelson even hit her son with a $7 million lawsuit in 2002, claiming defamation. But reportedly, Em had a change of heart when his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and he agreed to foot the medical bill in excess of $200,000.

My Son Marshall, My Son Eminem is available in the UK now and will hit the U.S. market in 2008.

Sourced from sohh.com...

Lol, that part about her burying Em is just silly. I don't know Em personally or anything like that but I don't think he's as depressed now like 1 ½ year ago. Would be interesting to read though.
I'ma be BALLIN UNCONTROLLABLY

Have you guys ever rapped along with Almost Famous? You cant deny, its fun LOL. - Miller1121

we stans listen to Eminem like 12 hrs or when ever our eyes are open. :coffee:
. - MCSam
BigBangBazinga
Role Model
Role Model

Previous

Return to Eminem News and Site Updates