The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem Almost Had Hayden Christensen's Role In 'Jumper'

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Re: Eminem Almost Had Hayden Christensen's Role In 'Jumper'

Postby aleXander » Feb 17th, '08, 12:47

bemd12 wrote:I visit TR daily.. Im just waiting for that post regarding em's album release date and all that bull.. fuck this stupid film shit shady needa get in the booth

Well then don't post asshole. :)
Some of us are interested in other news too about Em. So stop bitchin around and say thanks to TruEmFan for posting that, ok? :flower:

Thanks Tru. I didn't know about that. Yeah....i would've go to the cinema to see that movie just cause Eminem was in it. :D
:flower: :y:
aleXander
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Jumbo » Feb 17th, '08, 16:27

I think that' s a fake because MTV recently says idiocy :unsure:
But when, it would be great! :y:
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mctworm » Feb 17th, '08, 17:48

even though he made one big movie, em has made cameo's in several other films: The Wash, Da Hip Hop Witch, and is supposed to make a series this year called Have Gun... Will Travel. This isn't fake.
Then again wat do i know, I never met em, lol. Sure wished he was in Jumper. Oh well, I'll still watch it :p
mctworm
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jumbo » Feb 17th, '08, 18:06

Who knows... it was a speech therefrom that Em would be headliner when GTA should be filmed...also I don' t believe this... :p
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mctworm » Feb 17th, '08, 19:14

i dont believe this either :devil:
mctworm
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby MinM » Feb 17th, '08, 23:59

aleXander wrote:Thanks Tru. I didn't know about that. Yeah....i would've go to the cinema to see that movie just cause Eminem was in it. :D
yeah, me too...
Ted Bundy did it, John Gasey did it, Jeffery Dahmer did it, Jim Baker did it, Jimmy Swaggart did it, Lil Rick did it... And why me can't do it? :confusion:
MinM
Soldier
Soldier

Postby bemd12 » Feb 18th, '08, 01:13

aleXander wrote:
bemd12 wrote:I visit TR daily.. Im just waiting for that post regarding em's album release date and all that bull.. fuck this stupid film shit shady needa get in the booth

Well then don't post asshole. :)
Some of us are interested in other news too about Em. So stop bitchin around and say thanks to TruEmFan for posting that, ok? :flower:

Thanks Tru. I didn't know about that. Yeah....i would've go to the cinema to see that movie just cause Eminem was in it. :D

how am i bitching... he needs to drop an album before he does anything
bemd12
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Jumbo » Feb 18th, '08, 18:54

Now I believe it, all but the regisseur had determined for the Star Wars artist:

The rapper was in the running before director Doug Liman cast the 'Star Wars' actor instead.

This weekend, millions of moviegoers will pay to see a science-fiction flick about teleportation, destiny and unlimited opportunity. Few, however, will realize how close they came to seeing what could have been a very different film — had Eminem not jumped out of "Jumper."

"We did have a meeting," writer/director Doug Liman confirmed this week, confessing that surly hip-hop superstar Marshall Mathers was once in talks for the starring role. "We did have conversations with Eminem."

It was early 2006, just a few months after "The Bourne Identity" director Liman had been hired to adapt Steven Gould's sci-fi novel of the same name. Despite huge obstacles, Eminem had made a smash debut with 2002's "8 Mile" and was fielding offers to take on his first non-autobiographical role. The "Jumper" script caught his eye, and he and Liman began discussing plans to bring the real Slim Shady back to the big screen.

"The thing is that you're like, 'Oh my God, what would that movie have been like?' " the director said. "But you've got to understand that Nicole Kidman was originally cast as the lead in [the Liman-directed] 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith,' and Brad Pitt was originally the lead in 'Bourne Identity.' "

In April 2006, Liman cast English actor Tom Sturridge ("Vanity Fair") in the lead role, but was being pressured to replace him with a more bankable star. Suddenly, with the part of teleporting hunk David Rice in the air, he met with up-and-coming "Star Wars" actor Hayden Christensen, as well as the "8 Mile" star.

"[The idea to meet with the rapper] was sort of coming from the producer and [Eminem's] manager," remembered the director, who made his own breakthrough with Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau in the 1996 classic "Swingers." For a brief time, after meeting with the chart-topping rapper, Liman considered the notion. "If I've proven anything to myself, it's that I can tailor a role to an actor. ... [I could] develop the role with [someone like Eminem] and make it extremely specific to them," he said of his thoughts at the time. "So as long as the person has acting chops, I'm open to talking to almost anybody for almost any role."

When the director considered Christensen more seriously, however, the Eminem flirtation vanished as quickly as David Rice jumping between Egypt and New York. "At that point, I had already met Hayden and had fallen in love with Hayden," he recalled. "It was one of those things where the studio, with all things being equal, would rather put a bigger name in the movie [and wanted Eminem]. At some point, I just put my foot down and said, 'I love Hayden.' "

So now, six years after Eminem earned an MTV Movie Award for Best Male Performance, he still hasn't made his follow-up flick. And while Liman hopes to see the hip-hop star in a movie again soon, the director is happy with the way "Jumper" turned out. "I'm always willing to consider other people the studio may want to put in front of me before we commit to the movie," he explained. "But I already had the person I was in love with."

Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cwayon_Murder » Feb 25th, '08, 03:28

Well I saw it today, and I think it was an awesome movie. I would have loved to see Eminem in it
Cwayon_Murder
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Feb 28th, '08, 05:00

McMaybe wrote:Eminem would have made this movie worse than it was. Just because you people love Eminem doesnt give him acting talent.

he's not bad at acting from what we saw on 8 mile, but nonetheless I would prefer to not see Eminem in any movies, let's just let rappers rap and actors act...
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Diabolic » Feb 28th, '08, 09:40

Tash8 wrote:he's not bad at acting from what we saw on 8 mile, but nonetheless I would prefer to not see Eminem in any movies, let's just let rappers rap and actors act...
I agree. Em shouldn't pursue any further movies.
Nobody knows me, I'm cold
Walk down this road all alone
It's no one's fault but my own
It's the path I've chosen to go
Frozen as snow, I show no emotion whatsoever
So, don't ask me why I have no love
For these motherfucking hos
Diabolic
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby aleXander » Feb 28th, '08, 20:11

McMaybe wrote:
Diabolic wrote:
Tash8 wrote:he's not bad at acting from what we saw on 8 mile, but nonetheless I would prefer to not see Eminem in any movies, let's just let rappers rap and actors act...
I agree. Em shouldn't pursue any further movies.

Yeah.

@Tash8 - i agree

wut? you ppl agree that em shouldn't pursue any further movies? why?
let the man do whatever he wants. If he wants to kill himself he can do it. If he wants to appear in a movie he can do it.
Who are you to judge what Eminem should do? His mother? He doesn't give a fuck about her too.
Stop telling wut people should do and mind your own bussiness. ;)
aleXander
Renegade
Renegade

Postby D@vid » Feb 28th, '08, 20:15

^^^^^^^^^^^theres a difference between opinion and telling someone what to do :y:
Life is just one big lesson
D@vid
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Diabolic » Feb 29th, '08, 03:01

aleXander wrote:wut? you ppl agree that em shouldn't pursue any further movies? why?
let the man do whatever he wants. If he wants to kill himself he can do it. If he wants to appear in a movie he can do it.
Who are you to judge what Eminem should do? His mother? He doesn't give a fuck about her too.
Stop telling wut people should do and mind your own bussiness. ;)
Chill out. It's not like I'm holding a gun to Em's head and telling him to stay away from movies. It's just my opinion as a fan that I'd like to see him focus on his music instead. And it's also my opinion that celebrities that switch between the two aren't taken that seriously.
Nobody knows me, I'm cold
Walk down this road all alone
It's no one's fault but my own
It's the path I've chosen to go
Frozen as snow, I show no emotion whatsoever
So, don't ask me why I have no love
For these motherfucking hos
Diabolic
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby DrRapid » Feb 29th, '08, 21:58

I wouldn't mind seeing Em on another movie, if the movie is totally awful and Em acted like a pile of shit then I don't think I'd want to see another movie with him in it.If he does do his role when then carry on Em.
"A coward dies 1000 deaths, a soldier dies but once."
R.I.P. Guru
DrRapid
Band Leader
Band Leader

Next

Return to Eminem News and Site Updates