The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Trial Over Eminem Digital Royalties Kicks Off

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Trial Over Eminem Digital Royalties Kicks Off

Postby Jumbo » Feb 24th, '09, 20:48

Eminem is heading back to court today, kind of. Slim Shady's publishing company F.B.T. Productions is scheduled to appear in court to address a lawsuit against Universal Music Group. F.B.T. claims that it was cheated out of money when Universal licensed songs to third party distributors like iTunes and cell phone companies. Most music contracts do not have specific instructions for how much money an artist is paid for digital distributions. With that said, this case could impact thousands of current music contracts.

A jury was selected Friday for a trial that will feature high-profile witnesses like Jimmy Iovine, chairman of Universal Music Group, and Steve Jobs, the chief executive of Apple Computers. Jay Cooper, an entertainment lawyer in the music industry, says "This is very significant case. A lot of people are going to be watching very closely because there's a lot of money involved."

Source
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Trial Over Eminem Digital Royalties Kicks Off

Postby Requiem » Feb 25th, '09, 01:01

ha ha, Em's gonna kick some ass!!! lol jumbo, i was just about to pm this to u :p
R.I.P. Proof.
propz to Solace

I AM the dark knight, I AM Nightmare Moon, bronies beware

STAREOTYPE! It's official!
http://www.reverbnation.com/stareotype

James R. - who said you wouldn't meet nice people on the internet?
Requiem
Renegade
Renegade

Return to Eminem News and Site Updates