The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New Eminem Album Relapse Release Date - May 19

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Re: New Eminem Album Relapse Release Date - May 19

Postby fazt » Mar 7th, '09, 20:57

Eminemnow wrote:
“Crack A Bottle” will be included as an album track on Relapse.

http://2dopeboyz.com/2009/03/05/eminems ... date-more/

And... ?

Like I said, neither Interscope, Eminem or Dr.Dre have said it will be on Relapse. It hasn't been officially confirmed to be on anything. You can hardly take that as official.

that´s the offical press release from interscope ..
fazt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Solace » Mar 7th, '09, 22:11

Evil G3n1us wrote:
Tornado wrote:Should be a Double Album instead of two seperate albums but good news :y:

You aint gonna sell two copies if you press a double album

lol

Rofl
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Jens14 » Mar 7th, '09, 22:16

fazt wrote:
Eminemnow wrote:
“Crack A Bottle” will be included as an album track on Relapse.

http://2dopeboyz.com/2009/03/05/eminems ... date-more/

And... ?

Like I said, neither Interscope, Eminem or Dr.Dre have said it will be on Relapse. It hasn't been officially confirmed to be on anything. You can hardly take that as official.

that´s the offical press release from interscope ..

One thing I don't understand is that they say Crack a Bottle will be on Relapse but the first single will be released on 7 April?
Jens14
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Solace » Mar 7th, '09, 23:53

TruEmFan wrote:From what I got from the press release, Crack a Bottle is not the first single. It is a promo/street single that will have a video. It will be on both Relapse and Before I Self Destruct, possibly even Detox. The official first single for Relapse will be relased on April 7. I'm guessing they're going to debut the song and the video together, probably for effect and impact.

That makes the most sense :y:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Chasingtimeagain » Mar 8th, '09, 03:21

Somehow I feel that he won't release two albums this year, just from a business stand point. The Eminem Show and 8 Mile OST made sense because one was an album and you pertained to a upcoming movie.

I doubt Interscope wants people to assume his Relapse 2 songs, when played on radio, belong to his first Relapse album. They can't be released more within months of eachother (the singles, typically 3 from each album at least).

I mean how many rappers have said they're going to release two albums in the same year. No fucking idiot at the label would want to confuse consumers.

I'd want two albums but I don't see it happening.
Chasingtimeagain
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby marshall_mathers0112 » Mar 8th, '09, 08:53

It sounds greattt!!!!
marshall_mathers0112@yahoo.com is my Yahoo ID
If u want to add me, please tell me that you r from TRShady. Thank u very much
Peace
marshall_mathers0112
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby benrumbles » Mar 8th, '09, 10:28

Solace wrote:
TruEmFan wrote:From what I got from the press release, Crack a Bottle is not the first single. It is a promo/street single that will have a video. It will be on both Relapse and Before I Self Destruct, possibly even Detox. The official first single for Relapse will be relased on April 7. I'm guessing they're going to debut the song and the video together, probably for effect and impact.

That makes the most sense :y:

Yes I agree you have def made the most sense out of alot of rambling on about the album - it's coming yall chill whether one now and one later or w/e it's coming so let's all just sit back and start :smoking: (if you smoke)and chill - FUCK I CANNOT WAIT THOUGH lol.
"Opening the book with Proof's chapter was real important for me," Eminem says. "Everything from my past moving into my future is marked by his passing. It's sort of like life when Proof was with us, and life after -- a real dividing factor. He means more to me than a book chapter could describe, but I'm glad I was able to put him first, like he did for me so many times." - THAT IS SOME REAL SHIT RIGHT THERE - FUCK YEAH - BIG PROOF 4 EVER!!!
benrumbles
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jens14 » Mar 8th, '09, 14:45

`
I still don't get what the actual difference between CAB and the new single will be, they both are sold, given to radio stations, have videos and are on Relapse.

What's the difference between a promo/street single and a normal one?
Jens14
Renegade
Renegade

Postby AJS2050 » Mar 8th, '09, 14:53

Jens14 wrote:

`
I still don't get what the actual difference between CAB and the new single will be, they both are sold, given to radio stations, have videos and are on Relapse.

dunno but crack a bottle was released as only a download, would shed alot more in sales if released as also a CD. but in this case im not sure what the difference is between a promo(crack a bottle) & official single (7th april)
AJS2050
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Jens14 » Mar 8th, '09, 15:29

AJS2050 wrote:
Jens14 wrote:

`

dunno but crack a bottle was released as only a download, would shed alot more in sales if released as also a CD. but in this case im not sure what the difference is between a promo(crack a bottle) & official single (7th april)

I saw a CD and cover of CAB so I think it did got released on CD.
Jens14
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Jens14 » Mar 9th, '09, 14:24

I don't see how the Crack a Bottle being on Relapse isn't official, it was in the press release of UMG.
Last edited by Jens14 on Mar 9th, '09, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Jens14
Renegade
Renegade

Postby theJFKshow » Mar 9th, '09, 15:38

I hope it's just a bonus track that doesn't represent the album at all.
theJFKshow
Renegade
Renegade

Postby MC Anonymous » Mar 9th, '09, 18:47

slimthps wrote:I hope it's just a bonus track that doesn't represent the album at all.

:y:
LMFAO@ Brittney, bitch looking worse than a chupacabra mixed with a broken down coyote. You're disgusting ugly, so ugly in fact, my brain simultaneously exploded while processing how bitterly grotesque you look. I would much rather stick ice picks into the walls of my cranium, then stick my dick into your quagmire of a clitoris. You're what would happen if a sperm whale mated with a Godzilla fish..

MC Anonymous
Renegade
Renegade

Postby X2thed » Mar 9th, '09, 19:50

MC Anonymous wrote:
slimthps wrote:I hope it's just a bonus track that doesn't represent the album at all.

:y:

we all hope with you
X2thed
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby i4gotagain » Mar 9th, '09, 21:35

Great news finally!!
He looks fake and plastic in that pic anyway, his eyes are too retouched.
-Music Is Soul-
my first album: http://cdbaby.com/cd/shyrenegade2
i4gotagain
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem News and Site Updates