The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem at 2009 Final Four Show

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Re: Eminem at 2009 Final Four Show

Postby InMy64 » Apr 5th, '09, 05:12

WHOAAAA! heavy conversation. . . anyway, the letter to detroit was tight. He looked HEALTHY and that's good, and I just watched him at the Rock and Roll hall of fame and he looks like himself again. I'm diggin the dark hair, its tight.

I'm not gonna deny that there are certain clothes that mainly black people wear, but the way you worded it by saying "black people clothes" just sounded a little ignorant.
InMy64
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Evan C. » Apr 5th, '09, 05:19

Throwback24 wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:You're racist and you just don't know it, I knew never segregation was still an ongoing issue. This argument is so fucking ridiculous, back to the thread. You win aight?

Just like music doesn't cater to a specific race, neither does clothing. At least I'd like to think so....

See the part in bold? And I wouldn't necessarily call it "dressing black either." Do you also believe people try to "act black?" How do Black people dress/act/talk? I'd love to know.

Let's go back to your original post.

People of all colors rock chains, and I can't remember the last time I seen a person of color rocking a chain. I don't know where you got that stereotype from, I don't EVER remember seeing anything like that and I grew up in a heavy populated black area.
People of all colors rock fitteds. Yes. Even white people! Go outside.
People of all colors rock bandannas.
Wearing shirts that are two times your size was a fad, you know what that is right? Just like how skinny jeans are in at the moment. They come and go.

And unless you don't leave your house, it's predominately people in between the ages of 15-29. Of course it's a made up stat, just something I noticed. Take it with a grain of salt.

By your logic, most Rap fans are black. And I'm pretty sure you're not black so what gives?

I never said people of all colors don't wear these things. But, these styles we're talking about were all popularized by whom? Mainly by popular rap/hip hop artists who are predominately what? Black. Hence the expression.

Jeez, it's not that complicated.
MikeNUFC, Amadeo, Evan C., EminemInsider

= you dealin' with a few true villains
Evan C.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Throwback24 » Apr 5th, '09, 05:23

It's not stereotyping when people like you actually believe the bullshit you're spewing. I have a hard time believing you go outside at all to be honest. Sure, segregation might have not been the best term to use but you were going down that path.

Is he "dressing white"?

Truth is that Eminem hasn't dressed like he's white since '99 or 2000...

Quite possibly one of the most stupid posts I've come across on this site by far. You're directly implying white people dress a certain way. Just like people have different tastes in music and women, people also happen to wear what they like. It has nothing to do with color.

He looked good though, and wasn't wearing his black people clothes.

Clothing has no ethnicity and you're sitting here trying to argue otherwise. There is no such thing as dressing, talking, or acting black. End of discussion. Period.

You fail. You fail for even attempting to back up your claims. You fail at handing out fails. You fail.
Throwback24
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Throwback24 » Apr 5th, '09, 05:26

Evan C. wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:You're racist and you just don't know it, I knew never segregation was still an ongoing issue. This argument is so fucking ridiculous, back to the thread. You win aight?

Just like music doesn't cater to a specific race, neither does clothing. At least I'd like to think so....

See the part in bold? And I wouldn't necessarily call it "dressing black either." Do you also believe people try to "act black?" How do Black people dress/act/talk? I'd love to know.

Let's go back to your original post.

People of all colors rock chains, and I can't remember the last time I seen a person of color rocking a chain. I don't know where you got that stereotype from, I don't EVER remember seeing anything like that and I grew up in a heavy populated black area.
People of all colors rock fitteds. Yes. Even white people! Go outside.
People of all colors rock bandannas.
Wearing shirts that are two times your size was a fad, you know what that is right? Just like how skinny jeans are in at the moment. They come and go.

And unless you don't leave your house, it's predominately people in between the ages of 15-29. Of course it's a made up stat, just something I noticed. Take it with a grain of salt.

By your logic, most Rap fans are black. And I'm pretty sure you're not black so what gives?

I never said people of all colors don't wear these things. But, these styles we're talking about were all popularized by whom? Mainly by popular rap/hip hop artists who are predominately what? Black. Hence the expression.

Jeez, it's not that complicated.

Yeah, I give up. Have a splendid night and fulfilling life.

Edit: Let me backtrack. You're saying that cloth designers go in with the sole intent of manufacturing clothes for a specific ethnic group? That actually happens?! And what would you call that?
Throwback24
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Evan C. » Apr 5th, '09, 07:40

You're fucking delusional, then. To say there's no connection between clothing, dialect, etc. and race is just being in denial. To deny that there are certain trends and styles in language and fashion that are tied directly to race is just complete horseshit. You're acting as if heritage and the environment in which people are born don't have any effect on them.
MikeNUFC, Amadeo, Evan C., EminemInsider

= you dealin' with a few true villains
Evan C.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jens14 » Apr 5th, '09, 10:15

Anyone got the video uploaded? (I'm just ignoring the whole clothing thing).
Jens14
Renegade
Renegade

Postby heva » Apr 5th, '09, 14:16

still waiting :whistle:
heva
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ShAdY CaPo 08 » Apr 5th, '09, 17:20

just got back from the final four game in detroit... sparty spanked dat ass at the end... sooooo many sparty fans in detroit it was sickening...wow... oh and i had a beer with em... not really though... but i did have a beer with emily.
see they can trigger me but they'll never figure me out...

-Lil Jimmy.
ShAdY CaPo 08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby theJFKshow » Apr 5th, '09, 17:41

You guys are fucking retarded.

I think we can all agree that we liked Em more when he dressed white trash than when he dressed ghetto gangster.
theJFKshow
Renegade
Renegade

Postby DelinQuent » Apr 5th, '09, 18:43

i think dudes need to chill the fuck out.

stop labeling certain clothing styles to races. you're being a bigot whether you like it or not.

i wear fitteds daily, am i trying to be black? No, i'm wearing what i like to wear, if it so happens that theres more black people than white people wearing what i wear, that's fine. You cannot generalize an ENTIRE race to wearing a certain style of clothing. you might as well throw 6 million Jewish people in an oven because one Jew cut you off on the highway.
DelinQuent
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AJS2050 » Apr 5th, '09, 23:09

shall we just let em wear whatever the hell he wants lol, besides its cool if his clothing style has changed slightly he is a little older afterall
AJS2050
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Jens14 » Apr 5th, '09, 23:14

The video is up at http://www.rapradar.com.

They even link to this topic :o
Jens14
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Evil-Genius » Apr 5th, '09, 23:30

Jens14 wrote:The video is up at http://www.rapradar.com.

They even link to this topic :o

Thanks for the link bro , Damn Em was speakin from the bottom of his heart , That was really good . :y: :y: :y:
I swear HOPSIN is better than most rappers out there.
This guy is truly SICK , He is the Black Eminem.
Evil-Genius
Renegade
Renegade

Postby DediCation » Apr 6th, '09, 17:49

Interesting stuff, surprised they chose em.
DediCation
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Vertis » Apr 8th, '09, 09:56

i hope someone catches this shit on tape or somethin' !
Vertis
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Eminem News and Site Updates