The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Mr. Porter And Just Blaze Talk "Relapse 2"

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Mr. Porter And Just Blaze Talk "Relapse 2"

Postby Jumbo » Nov 4th, '09, 22:54

With Eminem’s Relapse 2 being uncertain for a November release, two of its recruited heavyweight producers Denaun Porter (Mr. Porter) and Just Blaze have shed light on the album’s progress.

In an exclusive dual interview with AllHipHop.com, Porter detailed how his production relationship with Eminem has grown since their work on the superstar’s debut album, Infinite.

“Man, now? It’s so much more fun. It was easy for us to go back to that time,” Porter told AllHipHop.com. “This will be the first time I’m producing songs for Em under me without D12 [since Infinite]. That’s big for me. I can’t let the cat out the bag yet, but one of the songs is told as if we were back in the day.”

While many fans argue rapper’s earlier work are usually stronger because they are hungry for success, Porter feels Eminem’s quality has improved with his superstardom.

“It’s no fun when you’re broke,” he stated. “We were trying to do Infinite like we had more money when we didn’t have any. We were trying to get to a certain point, but now he’s got it. The reason he’s good is not because being white worked to his advantage. It did a little at first, but all day everyday the kid is writing. I don’t know if Jay-Z is writing all day. He owns multi-million dollar businesses. Em writes all day. Jay probably comes up with lines [and] that make him one of the greatest. I’m fighting, because Just Blaze came in and kicked ass.”

After leaking Jay Electronica’s “Exhibit C” and a Nas snippet last week, Just Blaze has renewed attention on what other tracks he has in the vaults, and what he’s developed for Relapse 2.

Due to their protective natures, Blaze revealed that his time with Eminem has been challenging despite their creative highs.

“It’s a challenge for both of us in the sense we’ve never worked with each other before. We’ve both been in the business 10 plus years,” Just Blaze explained to AllHipHop.com. “We’re both very self-contained. He has his own production compound, and I have my situation with Bassline Studios in New York. Sometimes I’m like I need this [song] back in New York and he’s like I need it back in Detroit. It’s interesting because we’re both protective of the work and not wanting it to leak out. I’m in the same boat, because we both would lose money. Creatively it’s a good process. When it goes beyond a business arrangement, it always works out. I’ve had cases where people just want a beat because you’re Just Blaze. But here we are 2 people that are fans of each other’s work.”

The original Relapse was released in May and to date has sold over 1.5 million copies.

Source
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Mr. Porter And Just Blaze Talk "Relapse 2"

Postby voice23 » Nov 4th, '09, 22:55

yes we already know...nothing new...no release date or single information...goooooooodyyyy
voice23
Soldier
Soldier

Postby voice23 » Nov 4th, '09, 23:01

my bad
voice23
Soldier
Soldier

Postby voice23 » Nov 4th, '09, 23:16

lmao..I won't slip like that again...THANKS FOR THE NEWS ! :worship:
voice23
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ShadyHerbII » Nov 4th, '09, 23:18

When will we find out the release date of Relapse 2 and who to expect on it? There is one more month left before 2009 is over and Em promised to release 2 albums in 09. I really hope he will stick to that promise.
ShadyHerbII
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Emadyville » Nov 5th, '09, 00:36

ShadyHerbII wrote:When will we find out the release date of Relapse 2 and who to expect on it? There is one more month left before 2009 is over and Em promised to release 2 albums in 09. I really hope he will stick to that promise.

if he doesn't i wouldn't blame him, i'm sure if he could drop 2 albums every year he would, it's always label problems
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby embm » Nov 5th, '09, 01:21

man i thught they wuld say wen its comin out
its nice tat their friendship grew
:happy:
embm
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby whtcrack » Nov 5th, '09, 05:00

I think that IF he performs a single or puts out the single a week before the performance and performs it then its still possible for a late 2009 release.... like the week before christmas. And I don't see him performing anything off Relapse since its been so long since it came out. Maybe he is going to perform something old, but I doubt that too. This looks promising.... :y:
whtcrack
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby flayke » Nov 6th, '09, 15:10

After leaking Jay Electronica’s “Exhibit C” and a Nas snippet last week, Just Blaze has renewed attention on what other tracks he has in the vaults, and what he’s developed for Relapse 2.

Just Blaze is in contact with both Nas and Eminem - please arrange a collabo lol :o
flayke
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Solace » Nov 7th, '09, 02:28

whtcrack wrote:I think that IF he performs a single or puts out the single a week before the performance and performs it then its still possible for a late 2009 release.... like the week before christmas. And I don't see him performing anything off Relapse since its been so long since it came out. Maybe he is going to perform something old, but I doubt that too. This looks promising.... :y:

You don't see him performing anything off of Relapse? Wasn't Voodoo like 1-2 weeks ago, didn't he perform Relapse tracks there?
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby proteinstain » Nov 7th, '09, 03:33

why hasn't he posted the freestyle cypher eminem was in with mos def?i would think that deserved a post
proteinstain
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Eminem News and Site Updates