The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem To Censor Lyrics For Britain Concert

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Re: Eminem To Censor Lyrics For Britain Concert

Postby macdaddy019967 » Jan 2nd, '10, 06:46

AliJack wrote:
Tomega wrote:censor = death of hiphop

Em should not perform

dude if eminem backs out now he will be hated by soo many but then again if he does the concert with censored lyrics he will be hated as well :confusion:
#JMG #SacJB #ToxicBuffy #Trinell #Meadows_Killas
macdaddy019967
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Jan 3rd, '10, 21:00

This is a big dissapointment to me if he does this. I will actually lose a bit of respect for him.

None for his music obviously, he's a genius but for his character as a fighter of free speech.

Free speech is pointless if only the most popular views are allowed to be heard. What's more annoying though is the fact he doesn't have any genuinely homophobic lyrics. They're all ironic, in-play or button-pushing simply because people think he's homophobic.

So for him to agree to censor them just defeats the entire efforts of his music so far and reverses all that effort 99-03 he put into fighting back for artistic freedom. He did a lot for freedom of speech back then, to go back on it now doesn't send a good message or say much about him.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Jan 4th, '10, 04:21

Why would you care if he censors his lyrics for a concert. You act like its going to change anything with freedom of speech.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby squall » Jan 4th, '10, 07:46

not a problem for me :)

its cool with me if eminem doesnt use violent homophobic lyrics but if he will censor swear words .. then FUCK the authorities :tounge2:
squall
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Apathy_475 » Jan 4th, '10, 08:32

man this is a dissapointment to me I hate gay people, but I'm not afraid of them. Why be afraid of a bunch of faggots?
Apathy_475
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby macdaddy019967 » Jan 4th, '10, 10:16

Apathy_475 wrote:man this is a dissapointment to me I hate gay people, but I'm not afraid of them. Why be afraid of a bunch of faggots?

why u hate gay people?
and lmao at why be afraid of faggots lol
macdaddy019967
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Apathy_475 » Jan 4th, '10, 10:35

macdaddy019967 wrote:
Apathy_475 wrote:man this is a dissapointment to me I hate gay people, but I'm not afraid of them. Why be afraid of a bunch of faggots?

why u hate gay people?

I don't know they just creep me out. They remind me of a poisonous scorpion.
Apathy_475
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby macdaddy019967 » Jan 4th, '10, 10:35

Apathy_475 wrote:
macdaddy019967 wrote:

why u hate gay people?

I don't know they just creep me out. They remind me of a poisonous scorpion.

lmao u hella funny apathy and i respect your decision homie i feel the same way
macdaddy019967
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Apathy_475 » Jan 4th, '10, 10:59

respect to you too brotha. hopefully eminem isn't gay and if he is gay I'm going to blame Dre because he spent too much time with him!
Apathy_475
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby pleasestandup » Jan 5th, '10, 19:11

there's no shame in being gay and i get that they don't want to feel like they're under attack, but asking someone to censor himself just so a certain group can feel better about themselves is a little ridiculous. em has violent lyrics directed towards everyone under the sun, and he doesn't always use 'faggot' to literally mean someone who's gay.
that being said, those of you that's saying em has gone soft need to grow the fuck up. he's just more confident in himself, he doesn't need to be defensive for people to like him.

also, this isn't an issue of free speech or censorship. if someone makes fun of your mom, and you politely ask them to stop, they should - that's not being stifled, that's showing respect for opposing viewpoints.
it's better this than restricting it so the impressionable underage can't see him, right?
pleasestandup
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby SkylZ » Jan 6th, '10, 20:20

when you guys cry about how Em's gone soft and whine how it's the end of hiphop, that's pretty gay :shifty:
SkylZ
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Sofi » Jan 10th, '10, 16:40

In recent years he has become quite well-behaved.

:angry: no he hasnt! Oh.. maybe he has :'(
"A plaque of platinum status is whack if I'm not the baddest." -Eminem
:guitar:
Sofi
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Tomega » Jan 12th, '10, 20:59

SkylZ wrote:when you guys cry about how Em's gone soft and whine how it's the end of hiphop, that's pretty gay :shifty:

no that isnt gay.
i think its fundamental to hiphop that rappers say what they feel. Criticism on society is what hiphop should is with no limitations.
So censorship is dickless
Tomega
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SkylZ » Jan 16th, '10, 01:11

Tomega wrote:
SkylZ wrote:when you guys cry about how Em's gone soft and whine how it's the end of hiphop, that's pretty gay :shifty:

no that isnt gay.
i think its fundamental to hiphop that rappers say what they feel. Criticism on society is what hiphop should is with no limitations.

nah, it's still gay.
First of all, it's fundamental to anything, that people have the right to say what they think, in no way is hiphop unique in this.
Second, Em's already done it so many times, what's the big deal now? you ever heard a radio version of purple pills? - totally rewritten, they even changed the name. Even his breakthrough My Name Is was rewritten into a clean version. And now, 10 years later, oh he's gone soft :'(
Third, oftentimes rock band singers will, too, "swallow" their fucks on their live shows, when they're televised or something, no bid deal.
So much frustration cuz Em's not gonna say faggot on the live show.
SkylZ
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Eminem News and Site Updates