The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Video game collection vs Blue Ray Collection

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Video game collection vs Blue Ray Collection

Postby Hopsinshadie » Nov 28th, '14, 20:12

Which collection do you think is cooler? A lot of game collectors think that it's pointless to have a blu ray collection, because you watch a movie once and then never touch it again. That happens with a lot of games as well.

I just realized my friend has 5,000 blu ray movies displayed on his seven foot shelves. He is obsessed and he saw the whole Breaking Bad Series on Netflix, then immediately bought the blu ray series for $164, and hasn't opened the product yet.

So he's a hoarder, I admit it. But I have a taste for collecting vintage video games, but I play them. What has more replay value? Blu Rays or video games?

I used to always think movie collections were odd. But after talking to the guy, I got inspired and went out and bought 4 blu rays including 8 Mile. It is Black Friday. He is always looking for deals, especially Black Friday.

A lot of people think that this OCD collector mentality is stupid. But I really do like looking at his stuff, it looks kind of neat, especially how it's organized. But the fact that he always stresses out over getting the next deal means he must not be happy with what he has. He admitted he gets more and more movies because he gets bored.

Nothing wrong with having a few movies laying around though. Just because Netflix exists doesn't mean it's weird to have a number of movies.

Oh yea and some of us collect Eminem cds. I buy the cd. I actually don't understand people who get it digitally. I wouldn't pay money to get something not physical if I don't have to. Technically if you buy stuff digitally and don't use it, you're still a hoarder.

Were all hoarders in some ways. Guys who make millions and want more are hoarding money. Or even if they buy cars, their still hoarders. Tiger Woods was definitely a hoarder of hos.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Video game collection vs Blue Ray Collection

Postby DƎRDYPK » Nov 28th, '14, 22:03

Video games
DVDs > Blu Ray

blu ray supposed to be all HD & shit yet I gotta turn my volume up to 50 just to hear a simple pindrop
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Re: Video game collection vs Blue Ray Collection

Postby DƎRDYPK » Dec 4th, '14, 17:18

always had that problem but mainly with blu ray, everything else got 10/10 quality
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Return to Gaming Spot