The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Skyrim

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Re: Skyrim

Postby Maybe » Nov 25th, '11, 02:24

Hadez wrote:honestly i'm kinda disappointed with the major quest lines. they feel kinda short and kinda i dunno. the dark brotherhood was good while it lasted. every quest had a purpose it seemed, despite the shortness. i believe it boiled down to about 4 "real" assassinations. nice twists though. i did the champions and it seemed so bland. plenty of fighting, which is what it's for really but the storyline for it just isn't there really.

i'm currently going through the main story now. it's ok. parts are interesting, while some parts are still blah feeling.

i think the side stories are where Skyrim shines.

They may have not been great, but they were varied and moderately enjoyable in context. The Elder Scrolls games aren't known for good main storylines. It's usually the side quests that shine in my opinion. Either way, it's still nice to have many polished storylines that are average as apposed to one really bland one in a more linear experience.

@kareem said: In my opinion it is. Why? Sheer scope alone. Also, it's varied and expansive with so much to do it's actually mind boggling.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dead prez » Nov 25th, '11, 02:33

I'm really excited about all the new quirks this game has and how they revamped the combat and spell casting system as well as crafting. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this is better than Oblivion even though I loved Oblivion, in retrospect it seemed pretty underwhleming. Morrowind is great, however I feel it's far too dated, I still play it every now and than but playing Vanilla Morrowind on the Xbox (no mods) requires the patience of a saint. Going by what people are saying it seems to have Oblivion's user friendly pick up and play system while removing extra baggage that isn't necessary, yet still has a lot of depth that can appease hardcore gamers (me if needed be).
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby BigBoss » Nov 25th, '11, 07:35

kareem said wrote:I'm really excited about all the new quirks this game has and how they revamped the combat and spell casting system as well as crafting. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this is better than Oblivion even though I loved Oblivion, in retrospect it seemed pretty underwhleming. Morrowind is great, however I feel it's far too dated, I still play it every now and than but playing Vanilla Morrowind on the Xbox (no mods) requires the patience of a saint. Going by what people are saying it seems to have Oblivion's user friendly pick up and play system while removing extra baggage that isn't necessary, yet still has a lot of depth that can appease hardcore gamers (me if needed be).

Perk system was stupid, bring back skills
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Maybe » Nov 26th, '11, 10:47

SWEET_TOOTH wrote:
kareem said wrote:I'm really excited about all the new quirks this game has and how they revamped the combat and spell casting system as well as crafting. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this is better than Oblivion even though I loved Oblivion, in retrospect it seemed pretty underwhleming. Morrowind is great, however I feel it's far too dated, I still play it every now and than but playing Vanilla Morrowind on the Xbox (no mods) requires the patience of a saint. Going by what people are saying it seems to have Oblivion's user friendly pick up and play system while removing extra baggage that isn't necessary, yet still has a lot of depth that can appease hardcore gamers (me if needed be).

Disagree completely. It was too easy to cheat (even accidentally) with an emphasis on skills, and progression felt forced. Perks may not be ideal, but at the very least you feel you're accomplishing something without being able to leap from mountain to mountain.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hadez » Nov 27th, '11, 01:37

Maybe wrote:
SWEET_TOOTH wrote:

Disagree completely. It was too easy to cheat (even accidentally) with an emphasis on skills, and progression felt forced. Perks may not be ideal, but at the very least you feel you're accomplishing something without being able to leap from mountain to mountain.

i would like to see them put in athletics and acrobatics as perk trees that don't effect leveling. that way to can get perks like reducing the cost of sprinting for athletics and reducing fall damage for acrobatics. as it stands the heavy armor tree is the only one that reduces fall damage.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Maybe » Nov 27th, '11, 02:23

^ There wasn't/isn't enough of a reason to make a tree for athletics. You can simply invest points in to your fatigue when you level to extend your sprint time, etc. Also, fall damage with heavy armor makes more sense. Heavy armor would naturally protect you more.

I get your point, but I think the changes they made were more (as Todd Howard said) realistic. I mean, as realistic as a game involving fighting dragons and magic can be.
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SajN » Nov 27th, '11, 02:29

I fucking LOVE to steal!
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Hadez » Nov 27th, '11, 04:01

Maybe wrote:^ There wasn't/isn't enough of a reason to make a tree for athletics. You can simply invest points in to your fatigue when you level to extend your sprint time, etc. Also, fall damage with heavy armor makes more sense. Heavy armor would naturally protect you more.

I get your point, but I think the changes they made were more (as Todd Howard said) realistic. I mean, as realistic as a game involving fighting dragons and magic can be.

well he made the right choice with his decisions anyway. i have nothing against Skyrim's system though. only a couple "what the hell" perks.

question though, does unarmed actually do damage this time? or just damage to stamina. because i'm trying to find a use for the heavy armor gloves perk.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Maybe » Nov 28th, '11, 03:05

It does regular damage as well. Heavy Armor perks are surprisingly useful... I feel you though, some perks make little sense while others are bad. For example, why would a destruction fire spell also make the enemy flee? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of magic made to destroy the enemy efficiently?
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hadez » Nov 29th, '11, 00:33

Maybe wrote:It does regular damage as well. Heavy Armor perks are surprisingly useful... I feel you though, some perks make little sense while others are bad. For example, why would a destruction fire spell also make the enemy flee? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of magic made to destroy the enemy efficiently?

agree 100% on the fleeing enemy perk. i saw that and was like "what the fuck?" but you can really make yourself a monster this time. between the stealth perks and the one handed perks, playing an assassin type is crazy.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby B.A.D. » Jan 9th, '12, 03:37

SajN wrote:I fucking LOVE to steal!

Damn right hahahahahaha
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby SajN » Jan 13th, '12, 02:38

SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Eedee » Jan 14th, '12, 00:59

Menzo wrote:My lust for Skyrim has faded :(

Same... Gonna wait a few months then play again.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby SajN » Jan 14th, '12, 02:20

Mine hasn't. I am just stressing (even though I know I shouldn't) because I have sooooo many active missions, plus misc missions...

I am just level 25...
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Robbie G » Jan 18th, '12, 05:05

I've been playing this non-stop, currently at level 36.

Stayed up until 2:30 last night smithing Deadric armor. :smoking:
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Spot