The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Skyrim

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Re: Skyrim

Postby Maybe » Nov 12th, '11, 07:29

^ Couldn't have said it better. I just started a few hours ago (due to work) and am already heavily addicted. The Introduction sequence was plain ugly and boring, so I was naturally disappointed at first, but as soon as the open world began, every quest/interaction has been really fun and engrossing. Bethesda has never been known for their cinematic sequences, but they've managed to craft something amazing here.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KillahBee » Nov 13th, '11, 17:27

Unbelievable game, I've barely touched the main quest yet, working my way through the Thieves guild at the moment (which is absolutely fucking brilliant, seriously, it's like a seperate game in itself)
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Sh.., Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, see Malcolm
You see Biggie, see Pac, see success and its outcome
See Jesus, see Judas; see Caesar, see Brutus
See success is like suicide
Suicide, it's a suicide
If you succeed, prepare to be crucified
[/i
- Jay-Z

I'm on my balcony, seeing through the eyes of Tony
KillahBee
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Nov 13th, '11, 17:37

Miller1121 wrote:
Master Chief wrote:Fuck this game, Halo 4 please.

:angry:
Halo 4 might be a launch title for the next Xbox. Might have to shell out some heavy cash to play it...

halo is dec 2012
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Eedee » Nov 14th, '11, 08:18

Already Level 25, a mix between a mage and an archer (sort of redundant, I know, but fuck off! :p ) and logged 20+ hours on it. This game is just fantastic, can't get enough of it!
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby legokiba213 » Nov 22nd, '11, 01:02

Might be a bit late but........

I'm loving this game. I'm currently doing the Companions quests and I am absolutely loving it. I'm a LVL 15 Spellsword (Nord) and have literally spent hours just walking around discovering stuff. it really is everything I hoped for. Went to the midnight release and picked up the guide while I was there and it was the best money I have ever spent.

"If you sweep up this mess I created,
Nothing's left to show I existed"
-Modest Mouse
legokiba213
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Maybe » Nov 22nd, '11, 07:39

legokiba213 wrote:Might be a bit late but........

I'm loving this game. I'm currently doing the Companions quests and I am absolutely loving it. I'm a LVL 15 Spellsword (Nord) and have literally spent hours just walking around discovering stuff. it really is everything I hoped for. Went to the midnight release and picked up the guide while I was there and it was the best money I have ever spent.

Yeah, the game is borderline godly. The guide is also a must-have for someone that wants to squeeze value. I usually like to complete Bethesda games %100, and since Skyrim is so big, it's nice to have a reference guide so that I can check off accomplishments/items.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hadez » Nov 22nd, '11, 20:09

i have two characters right now. Dark Elf assassin type and a Nord warrior type. they really stepped up the stealth game. it's pretty amazing now. it makes it more practical to do sneak attacks now that you're not "insta-found" when you do one.

warrior types are awesome now too thanks to the new shield mechanics. staggering people by bashing my shield into them is always satisfying and i really feel like i'm fucking shit up with this guy. i like that a lot.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby legokiba213 » Nov 22nd, '11, 21:21

Maybe wrote:
legokiba213 wrote:Might be a bit late but........

Yeah, the game is borderline godly. The guide is also a must-have for someone that wants to squeeze value. I usually like to complete Bethesda games %100, and since Skyrim is so big, it's nice to have a reference guide so that I can check off accomplishments/items.

Agreed but I don't think you'll be able to get 100% on this because it has unlimited quests.

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/11/10/skyrim-will-have-unlimited-quests-according-to-director/

-Modest Mouse
legokiba213
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Maybe » Nov 23rd, '11, 01:43

^ That's true. It's hard to be mad at Todd for making this choice with Skyrim, since it was intended to be the meatiest Elder Scrolls title to date. I'm kind of glad it never ends, I've already completed nearly 3 dozen quests/objectives and have a log full of dozens more. I love it... I mean, I put a good 300 hours in to Oblivion and about 325 in to Fallout 3, and they didn't have the radiant system.
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BigBoss » Nov 23rd, '11, 08:44

Menzo wrote:I still get my ass kicked by dragons, hell, even bears lol But this game is fuckin dope.

However, my only pet peeve is the fact that I've had a God damn arrow sticking out of my guy's fuckin chest for the last few days :facepalm

Un equip the arrow

Did you guys know that they put all of Tamriel in Skyrim? Beyond the mountains lays all the other provinces
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby legokiba213 » Nov 23rd, '11, 21:22

Maybe wrote:^ That's true. It's hard to be mad at Todd for making this choice with Skyrim, since it was intended to be the meatiest Elder Scrolls title to date. I'm kind of glad it never ends, I've already completed nearly 3 dozen quests/objectives and have a log full of dozens more. I love it... I mean, I put a good 300 hours in to Oblivion and about 325 in to Fallout 3, and they didn't have the radiant system.

I bought the Anniversary Edition of Oblivion but couldn't get into it and I put in like 30 hrs in F3 but damn man 325 hrs in one game that's crazy! I have done 89 Misc. Quests in Skyrim and have done like 3 main quests. I have an animal companion and a human companion and I am finding myself saving and loading every 10 minutes,

-Modest Mouse
legokiba213
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Maybe » Nov 24th, '11, 02:13

legokiba213 wrote:
Maybe wrote:^ That's true. It's hard to be mad at Todd for making this choice with Skyrim, since it was intended to be the meatiest Elder Scrolls title to date. I'm kind of glad it never ends, I've already completed nearly 3 dozen quests/objectives and have a log full of dozens more. I love it... I mean, I put a good 300 hours in to Oblivion and about 325 in to Fallout 3, and they didn't have the radiant system.

I bought the Anniversary Edition of Oblivion but couldn't get into it and I put in like 30 hrs in F3 but damn man 325 hrs in one game that's crazy! I have done 89 Misc. Quests in Skyrim and have done like 3 main quests. I have an animal companion and a human companion and I am finding myself saving and loading every 10 minutes,

I'm a bit of an obsessed fan when it comes to Bethesda games haha. The games take dedication, because they start off hard (unless you're a bitch and play on easy), and take a while to pick up pace and become more than fetch quests and talking.
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hadez » Nov 25th, '11, 01:07

honestly i'm kinda disappointed with the major quest lines. they feel kinda short and kinda i dunno. the dark brotherhood was good while it lasted. every quest had a purpose it seemed, despite the shortness. i believe it boiled down to about 4 "real" assassinations. nice twists though. i did the champions and it seemed so bland. plenty of fighting, which is what it's for really but the storyline for it just isn't there really.

i'm currently going through the main story now. it's ok. parts are interesting, while some parts are still blah feeling.

i think the side stories are where Skyrim shines.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby dead prez » Nov 25th, '11, 01:12

I'm so pissed I don't have a 360 at the moment, but my house mate has this game on the pc and hooks it up to xbox, it looks great. I'm suffering from severe Elder Scrolls withdrawal right now, I just know that if I have this game now that I would be playing non stop until it affects my studies. I could play Morrowind but after being spoiled by the influx of modern games it almost gets painful playing it.

So, what's the word, is this the best Elder Scrolls game to date?
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SajN » Nov 25th, '11, 01:35

Just started playing this. I am on level 7, and haven't gotten that far.

This is my first Elder Scrolls game... I tried Oblivion for like one hour one/two years ago but I didn't quite enjoy it.

This one?

I am pretty much LOVING IT! Jesus, this is dope!

And it's making me not read for my exam... fuck this :(
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Spot