The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

I'm getting the GOTY in exactly 11 hours and 20 minutes

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

I'm getting the GOTY in exactly 11 hours and 20 minutes

Postby Kill You » Mar 25th, '13, 17:43

BioShock: Infinite. Reviews so far have been phenomenal. The game seems phenomenal as well. I haven't been this excited for a game in a very long time. Anyone else getting it tonight/tomorrow? Going to a midnight release thing of course. :smoking:
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: I'm getting the GOTY in exactly 11 hours and 20 minutes

Postby Sam. » Mar 25th, '13, 18:05

Eh? GTA 5 will be the GOTY.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Kill You » Mar 25th, '13, 18:11

I easily see this game trumping all of those. I actually forgot that I made a thread for this game already lol. We can use this thread to debate the GOTY I suppose. After seeing a professional video review of the game, it seems like this REALLY could be GOTY not even talking any bullshit. It seems to have literally EVERYTHING that makes an amazing game that is GOTY-worthy. Great gameplay and environment, intuitive travel system and combat, raises moral and political questions, makes you think, has a great story, great graphics...I don't see why any gamer wouldn't be just totally ecstatic about playing a game like this. The reviewer said that story and gameplay aren't really meant to play off of one another but this game does it anyway and makes it work...I mean come on. Those games you listed might be blockbuster summer games and everything but that won't make them automatically better than this game. Until those games come out and prove me wrong I'm fairly confident (without even playing the game yet) that this WILL be GOTY for many reviewers and gamers alike.

@Sam: For some reason, I'm not really even excited anymore for GTAV. I'll probably buy it when it drops in price but I don't see myself getting this game this first day like I do with other games like Bioshock Infinite and Halo 4. GTAV isn't gonna do anything interesting or innovative, GTAV will be GTA like GTA always is. It'll be good but nowhere near GOTY. In fact, to me V seems like it'll have the less-appealing gameplay and storyline out of all of them. I have a feeling many gamers are going to walk from that game disappointed. I could be proven wrong but really...saying GTAV will be GOTY kinda baffles me. Not when this game and so many other better games are gonna come out.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Sam. » Mar 25th, '13, 18:23

The one thing that comes out from the V's trailer is that one of the characters is going to be dead-point of the game. I meant the black dude, no offence, but he's shown as a car thief. Haven't we had that already in abundance in the previous versions? The thing is: it's the soul of GTA. It depends how DIFFICULT the Missions are, and what twists they bring in like SA had in every fucking Mission. Plus, it's in Los Santos man, can't just ignore that.

This game here is solely for SA fans. I hope they release a DLC with Las Venturas/San Fierro in it. Seems like a stretch, but hell, I would love it.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Kill You » Mar 25th, '13, 21:01

Sam. wrote:The one thing that comes out from the V's trailer is that one of the characters is going to be dead-point of the game. I meant the black dude, no offence, but he's shown as a car thief. Haven't we had that already in abundance in the previous versions? The thing is: it's the soul of GTA. It depends how DIFFICULT the Missions are, and what twists they bring in like SA had in every fucking Mission. Plus, it's in Los Santos man, can't just ignore that.

This game here is solely for SA fans. I hope they release a DLC with Las Venturas/San Fierro in it. Seems like a stretch, but hell, I would love it.

Fair enough. GOTY to one person is not the same for others. You're probably a very huge GTA fan though. I'm a fan myself, just not huge. Wasn't really an SA fan either, wasn't interested in it at all. I wish I did like SA because everyone else calls it one of the GOATs. I don't see it.

@Miller: I understand that it might not be fun for you but I love it and so do many others. It was GREAT for it's time. I'm also a person who values stories, characters, messages in games so that could be a big reason why the Bioshock games attract me. You seem like an action kinda guy, I think you'll REALLY enjoy Infinite though. As I just told Sam GOTY isn't the same for everyone. I REALLY believe without a shadow of a doubt that GTAV won't be GOTY. As I said I think It will be good, maybe even great, but I don't think it will get the perfect scores that GTAIV had. Now GTAIV IS GOTY material, it was released at the right time. I think they waited far too long to put V out.

I'll add that almost every review I'm reading is giving Bioshock perfect scores...not that critics are THAT important but I just figured that's worth mentioning. All of these great reviews make me ecstatic.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby tadpole25 » Mar 25th, '13, 22:20

what do you mean? gta5 doesnt come out till september
"I take yall diss as endearment - I love it when I hear it
Maybe words offensive - free speech I don't fear it
Maybe music can take us to a place so atmospheric
Beyond our greatest imagination, illuminatin' experience
If we open our ears and close our inhibitions, it's clear"
- Tadpole
tadpole25
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Mar 25th, '13, 22:35

tadpole25 wrote:what do you mean? gta5 doesnt come out till september

I'm getting Bioshock Infinite. That's what I mean.

Yes, I know GTAV doesn't come out until September. Two days before my birthday. Won't make me call it GOTY. :8)

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby 12characters » Mar 27th, '13, 18:09

Don't really like the whole steam punk theme as much as I liked the 50's theme in the first too.

I'm excited for Watch Dogs, Last of Us, and GTA 5 though. Those will probably be my GOTY.
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Atone » Mar 27th, '13, 20:19

Honestly Bioshook doesn't look all that impressive
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Chet Starr » Mar 29th, '13, 23:28

It's only March, ya crazy bastard

This game looks amazing. My feelings with Bioshock 1 were ehh, but I really been enjoying reading and watching this game.
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Return to Gaming Spot