The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Next Xbox Will Be Revealed On May 21

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

The Next Xbox Will Be Revealed On May 21

Postby Chet Starr » Apr 25th, '13, 01:14

The next Xbox will be unveiled in late May, Microsoft has just confirmed. This is the first time the company has officially acknowledged their next-generation gaming console, which has been rumored for years now.

We just got our invite to the event, which will take place in Redmond, Washington on May 21 at 10am Pacific. It'll also be streamed online and on Spike TV in North America.

You can see the event invitation above.

Here's a blog post from Microsoft spokesman Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb:

On Tuesday May 21st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, we’ll be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE and broadcast on Spike TV if you are in the US or Canada.

On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what we’ve been working on.

A New Generation Revealed
Xbox Campus, Redmond WA
Tuesday, May 21st @ 1p ET/10a PT/17:00 GMT

For the past few months, we've been hearing and reporting all sorts of rumors about Microsoft's answer to Sony's PlayStation 4, which was announced on February 20 at an event in New York City. Earlier this year, we reported that the next Xbox, code-named Durango, will require Microsoft's new version of Kinect to run. We've also heard from some sources that the next console could be online-only, although that's been hard to nail down, and there have been conflicting reports about the specifics.

Worth noting: this event will happen at 2am Japan time. Microsoft has struggled to find footing for their consoles in Japan, so the timing of this event could be indicative: perhaps that audience is not very important to the Xbox makers.
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Re: The Next Xbox Will Be Revealed On May 21

Postby DƎRDYPK » Apr 25th, '13, 01:18

first
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby viJilance » Apr 25th, '13, 06:47

DƎRDYPK wrote:first

Lel^

Never get 1st gen anything with Microsoft. this is gonna be such a pathetic cash-grab joke, only because everybody else is releasing new consoles. I cannot deal with modern gaming anymore to be honest.

>they launch it too soon and it has a 54.2% chance to catch on fire
Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SoldierShady » Apr 25th, '13, 10:11

This should be interesting.
"So one last time, I'm back, 'fore it fades into black and it's all over, behold the final chapter in the saga, trying to recapture that lightning trapped in a bottle twice, the magic that started it all...tragic portrait of an artist tortured....trapped in his own drawings..." - Bruce.

SoldierShady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Kill You » Apr 25th, '13, 13:58

FINALLY. Gonna bust a nut all over my keyboard now, hold on. *fap fap fap*
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Apr 25th, '13, 22:37

Aw yiss hopefully this isn't as expensive as the ps4, and no more paying to play online for fucks sake.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby viJilance » Apr 25th, '13, 23:09

PAINKILLƎR wrote:Aw yiss hopefully this isn't as expensive as the ps4, and no more paying to play online for fucks sake.

"The next generation Xbox, codenamed Durango, will not play second games and will always have to be connected to the internet in order to function."

And will most likely be pay to play online.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/460281/20130423/xbox-durango-720-second-hand-always-online.htm

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby HeySamantha » Apr 25th, '13, 23:12

another game console that I'll have to fight the urge to buy. I tend to use handhelds more, yet I still want consoles haha
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Just Silver » Apr 25th, '13, 23:24

viJilance wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:Aw yiss hopefully this isn't as expensive as the ps4, and no more paying to play online for fucks sake.

"The next generation Xbox, codenamed Durango, will not play second games and will always have to be connected to the internet in order to function."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/460281/20130423/xbox-durango-720-second-hand-always-online.htm

That's so gay
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Apr 25th, '13, 23:32

Just Silver wrote:
viJilance wrote:

That's so gay

Word, hate to say it but I may have to go back to playstation.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Just Silver » Apr 25th, '13, 23:52

What the hell everything is about multimedia not gameplay anymore
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Kill You » Apr 27th, '13, 13:12

Just Silver wrote:What the hell everything is about multimedia not gameplay anymore

Word.

"Let's release a video game console...with a SHITTON OF APPS. Actually, let's just make a phone."

We should boycott next-gen consoles until they drop all this bullshit. This bullshit about always having to be connected to play (wtf? Alienate offline players lmao), not playing used games, adding apps that we don't need or want. I don't recall gamers ever wanting all of this shit. I recall gamers wanting GOOD GAMES.

While I'm excited for this it pisses me off at the same time. Sony AND Microsoft are fucking up. Strangely the only one who has done the next-gen right is Nintendo but the Wii U is still a failure. The Wii U is more about Nintendo catching up to current-gen. Which is ultimately pointless because we're about to move to next-gen lmao.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby viJilance » Apr 28th, '13, 00:22

Kill You wrote:We should boycott next-gen consoles.

Exactly what I'm doing. I don't like the direction gaming is going and I'm jumping ship. sure, I've had my fun over the years... but in the end, isn't gaming practically an unproductive waste of time?

If I took 1/100th of the time I did gaming, and instead learned an instrument, or learned a skill...I'd be a genius. Fuck my life.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Apr 28th, '13, 01:13

Miller wrote:What about the PS4 tells you Sony is fucking up? They have said over and over again that the PS4 is targeted at hardcore gamers.

I haven't been keeping up with the PS4 but last I checked it wouldn't be able to play PS1, 2, or 3 games and it had an online only rumor.

If none of those rumors are true and the Xbox rumors are true then I would actually consider purchasing a PS4. I might be an Xbox fanboy but I can recognize when we're being fucked. I've been giving Microsoft money since 2002, fuck them for making the next Xbox wack.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Apr 28th, '13, 01:56

Looks like I'm gonna have to get a ps4 (._. )
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Next

Return to Gaming Spot