The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Ever wonder about that Chrono trigger sequel?

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Ever wonder about that Chrono trigger sequel?

Postby viJilance » Apr 26th, '13, 00:42

Do you ever wonder why there was never an official sequel to Chrono trigger?

"At E3 2009, SE Senior Vice President Shinji Hashimoto remarked "If people want a sequel, they should buy more!""

^Referring to the Ds remake

Firt of all, Chrono Trigger was the third best-selling game of 1995, and the game's SNES and PlayStation iterations have shipped 2.65 million copies as of March 2003. The version for the Nintendo DS sold a 'mere' 790,000 copies as of March 2009.

Also, the original SNES edition of Chrono Trigger was released on the Wii download service Virtual Console in Japan on April 26, 2011.

FOUR versions.

There have been two notable attempts by Chrono Trigger fans. Chrono Resurrection was forcibly terminated by Square Enix by way of a cease and desist order. Another group of fans created a sequel via a ROM hack of Chrono Trigger called Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes; developed from 2004 to 2009; it also was terminated through a cease & desist letter days before its May 2009 release.

You have no idea how fucking mad this made me. Never bought anything from squaresoft since.
Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Ever wonder about that Chrono trigger sequel?

Postby Chet Starr » Apr 26th, '13, 01:01

I'm happy enough with Chrono Cross
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby viJilance » Apr 26th, '13, 01:10

Chet Starr wrote:I'm happy enough with Chrono Cross

I never played it. Not impressed by anything from the ps1 era, I was always about the N64- no load times, good enough graphics so you could see things... but I hear there are a crazy amount of characters, which is tempting. Worth a play?

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby viJilance » Apr 26th, '13, 04:45

Miller wrote:PS1 was the GOAT RPG system. How could you not be impressed with ANYTHING from that console?

I think snes holds that title. FF9 was good, Grandia was amazing, Breath of Fire 3 was phenomenal, but the system itself was crap in my opinion.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Apr 26th, '13, 09:33

I agree with viJilance. Apart from a few good games like the Final Fantasys and shit the PS1 was trash.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Return to Gaming Spot