The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Xbox One Discussion Thread

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Re: Xbox One Discussion Thread

Postby Epidemik » May 23rd, '13, 06:14

I dont see why people are so upset that its not geared toward only gaming...
i mean really... its still going to be a gaming console.. its just gonna have a bunch of MORE features as well...
really? complaining about a console that is capable of gaming PLUS more? i dont get it..
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby Snakebeast » May 23rd, '13, 06:32

Epidemik wrote:I dont see why people are so upset that its not geared toward only gaming...
i mean really... its still going to be a gaming console.. its just gonna have a bunch of MORE features as well...
really? complaining about a console that is capable of gaming PLUS more? i dont get it..

That isn't what we're complaining about. We're complaining about Microsoft's stupidity.

Firstly, making it so that people need to connect to the internet at least once a day.

Secondly, making all games come with an install code that can only be used by one player.

Thirdly, making it so any pre-owned games need an extra fee to be played.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Epidemik » May 23rd, '13, 11:21

Snake897 wrote:
Epidemik wrote:I dont see why people are so upset that its not geared toward only gaming...

That isn't what we're complaining about. We're complaining about Microsoft's stupidity.

Firstly, making it so that people need to connect to the internet at least once a day.

Secondly, making all games come with an install code that can only be used by one player.

Thirdly, making it so any pre-owned games need an extra fee to be played.

I can agree with a lot of those complaints tbh.. but firstly.. i don't play old xbox games on my 360 as it is, or any old games for that matter.. so not a biggie for me..
second i always have a steady internet connection so online only (for the most part) doesn't really affect me so much, but i can definitely see the frustration with people who don't have this luxury
thirdly the pre-owned games needing the extra fee and games being attached to a specific gamertag i can agree is complete horse shit.. but we haven't heard what Sony is planning to do in this regard either..

ALSO while I agree that those are the most consistent complaints about the console but in regards to the conference itself, and what microsoft was showcasing there's been loads of complaints in regards to them abandoning core gamers. maybe not in this thread so much.. but there's loads of articles on the net..

“Microsoft didn’t focus on the games; I’m a gamer and that’s all that matters to me!”

http://blog.frontburnr.com/xbox-one-why ... -hate-you/

My enthusiasm for any new console is dependent on games. Lots of people feel the same way, which could be part of the reason that reactions to Microsoft's reveal turned negative. If you're a company releasing a video game console, shouldn't video games take center stage?

Microsoft has some great ideas for the next generation, but it did a disastrous job of communicating them yesterday. Most of the negative comments and Tweets that I read were from people who felt betrayed at the company's focus on TV and seeming indifference to gaming.

Initially I was disappointed with Microsoft's press conference. I wish it had shown more games, or at least shown more of the games that it did show. As interesting as the Xbox One's new TV functionality is, I felt it was a strange way to start a presentation about a new video game console. It makes me wonder if Microsoft has lost its focus.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... -news.aspx

While I'm slightly disappointed that they didn't show more actual gameplay footage, I think people are forgetting that E3 is right around the corner and E3 is catering to gamers, nobody else... in the end its a gaming console and they are going to make some kick ass games. but THIS conference was intended to cater to the people who aren't gamers. the people who think "i don't play games, so why would i need to spend my hard earned money on this entertainment system?.."
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby Just Silver » May 23rd, '13, 12:48

What is the TV functionality shit
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Steve Spag » May 23rd, '13, 13:02

If you read that last article I posted it explains why Xbox devoted most of their presentation time to TV and it made A LOT of sense. Wait for E3 folks, wait for E3.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Just Silver » May 23rd, '13, 13:05

Ohh wow lol how the hell does cable work through it or do u already need active service
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Steve Spag » May 23rd, '13, 13:10

Just Silver wrote:Ohh wow lol how the hell does cable work through it or do u already need active service

You have to have a cable provider in the first place, and then instead of plugging the cable through your TV you plug it into the Xbox One (HDMI port I assume). You'll now be able to have your own TV Guide through the Xbox, saved with your favourite and recent watchings. Voice command what you want to watch. Pretty nifty stuff.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Steve Spag » May 23rd, '13, 19:09

bigray wrote:
Miller wrote:So it wont be that bad. It'll probably only take 2 seconds to download your profile at a friends house.

Yep....It really wont affect me cuz I buy a game and I play it only at home.

Seriously. Won't be a problem for me.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby the real slim shady » May 23rd, '13, 21:36

Gonna get a PS4 if anything, tbh. Might stick with 360 though.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Solace » May 23rd, '13, 21:58

Hage wrote:Image

:laughing: :laughing:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Steve Spag » May 23rd, '13, 22:51

Solace wrote:
Hage wrote:Image

:laughing: :laughing:

LMAO. Awesome.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » May 24th, '13, 10:18

Hage wrote:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

But really thanks for the news bigray. That's really not that bad, I don't really let friends borrow my games anyway so I don't give a fuck about that. If I want to play at a friends house I just upload my profile thee, no big deal at all.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby the real slim shady » May 24th, '13, 10:55

As a 'gaming console' i gotta say the ps4 looks better now, ive had playstations and xboxs and i usually prefer xbox, now im not so sure though.

Would be better off on pc i guess, will depend on the prices of the consoles.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Steve Spag » May 24th, '13, 12:51

the real slim shady wrote:As a 'gaming console' i gotta say the ps4 looks better now, ive had playstations and xboxs and i usually prefer xbox, now im not so sure though.

It's unfortunate that we haven't seen much gaming yet but just because we haven't doesn't mean it's not going to be incredible. E3 is right around the corner and I'm sure they have something special up their sleeve. The reveal the other day was meant for the mainstream media, not hardcore gamers, and in that aspect they succeeded because most of the mainstream media seems to LOVE all these new features. As a gaming console, I'm sure it will be just as dope. Very excited for E3 to see how these games are coming along!
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby the real slim shady » May 24th, '13, 12:57

Steve Spag wrote:
the real slim shady wrote:As a 'gaming console' i gotta say the ps4 looks better now, ive had playstations and xboxs and i usually prefer xbox, now im not so sure though.

It's unfortunate that we haven't seen much gaming yet but just because we haven't doesn't mean it's not going to be incredible. E3 is right around the corner and I'm sure they have something special up their sleeve. The reveal the other day was meant for the mainstream media, not hardcore gamers, and in that aspect they succeeded because most of the mainstream media seems to LOVE all these new features. As a gaming console, I'm sure it will be just as dope. Very excited for E3 to see how these games are coming along!

I reallt hope they have focused on the gaming aspect as much as sony have, ive gotta say i like the look of the ps3 so far. The way microsoft have gone about the reveal seemed like they were trying to distract from all the negative things they have done to the console.

If you have to install the game and stuff and cant reuse the 'disc', i dont get why they dont just make it so that you download the games from online off the bat. The stuff with kinect is lame to say the least..
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Spot