The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Xbox One Discussion Thread

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Re: Xbox One Discussion Thread

Postby 12characters » May 23rd, '13, 03:33

PAINKILLƎR wrote:lets put it this way, if I were one of those student/recruit soldiers I would have taken my chances and fought by myself because tbh when I saw Chief in the film I laughed, the hideous giant 117 on his chest was terrible, his armor appeared to be plastic. It was an imposter!

wat

What the hell kind of hypothetical is that? If you were one of the soldiers, you'd probably be dead already tbh and not critiquing Spartan fashion. So because he has a giant 117 that automatically makes him incapable?

I agree it looked plastic, but the shine/other camera effects made it look tougher than it actually was and actually badass.

Steve Spag wrote:One more article on why the Xbox One isn't as bad as some people are thinking (this is a good read!) http://tay.kotaku.com/everything-you-ha ... -509249274

Nothing new. Though I do wonder how an online trade in store would work :-k
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby PAINKILLƎR » May 23rd, '13, 03:41

12characters wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:lets put it this way, if I were one of those student/recruit soldiers I would have taken my chances and fought by myself because tbh when I saw Chief in the film I laughed, the hideous giant 117 on his chest was terrible, his armor appeared to be plastic. It was an imposter!

wat

What the hell kind of hypothetical is that? If you were one of the soldiers, you'd probably be dead already tbh and not critiquing Spartan fashion. So because he has a giant 117 that automatically makes him incapable?

I agree it looked plastic, but the shine/other camera effects made it look tougher than it actually was and actually badass.

Lol oh yeah, I just meant I laughed because of the hideous 117. I'm not going to instill my trust to this guy who comes out of nowhere with an armor kit he acquired from Wal-mart and he didn't sound confident and when they asked him "who are you?" he should have responded with a stare followed by a "we have to move" instead of "call me Master Chief" lolwut are you serious? lmao I'm serious laughing my ass off just at the thought of it, everything should have been on a "ask questions later" basis. Seriously though, I need to write the screenplay or something.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Steve Spag » May 23rd, '13, 03:51

12characters wrote:
Steve Spag wrote:One more article on why the Xbox One isn't as bad as some people are thinking (this is a good read!) http://tay.kotaku.com/everything-you-ha ... -509249274

Nothing new. Though I do wonder how an online trade in store would work :-k

I didn't say anything was new.
Last edited by Steve Spag on May 23rd, '13, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby 12characters » May 23rd, '13, 03:51

PAINKILLƎR wrote:
12characters wrote:

wat

Lol oh yeah, I just meant I laughed because of the hideous 117. I'm not going to instill my trust to this guy who comes out of nowhere with an armor kit he acquired from Wal-mart and he didn't sound confident and when they asked him "who are you?" he should have responded with a stare followed by a "we have to move" instead of "call me Master Chief" lolwut are you serious? lmao I'm serious laughing my ass off just at the thought of it, everything should have been on a "ask questions later" basis. Seriously though, I need to write the screenplay or something.

His armor looked more advanced than anything their commanders had so you can stop trying to make jokes that aren't getting you anywhere in this conversation (if that's the best you got, I don't want to see your screenplay tbh).

I agree, he was out of character by being all nice, but it wasn't THAT much out of character. He was still a no nonsense kind of guy and like I said, he was saving them so it made sense he would attempt to get their trust because they were scared out of their minds at the time.

OT: If you anyone gets this, are you going to leave your console on? Do you think that'll even be an option? (it'll probably make you redo the settings or something)
I don't really want an always on Kinect tbh.

@Steve Spag

But it's nothing that haven't heard from you already. Damage control isn't going to change their minds all that much tbh
Golden God!Image
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby PAINKILLƎR » May 23rd, '13, 04:02

12characters wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:
12characters wrote:wat

His armor looked more advanced than anything their commanders had so you can stop trying to make jokes that aren't getting you anywhere in this conversation (if that's the best you got, I don't want to see your screenplay tbh).

I agree, he was out of character by being all nice, but it wasn't THAT much out of character. He was still a no nonsense kind of guy and like I said, he was saving them so it made sense he would attempt to get their trust because they were scared out of their minds at the time.

OT: If you anyone gets this, are you going to leave your console on? Do you think that'll even be an option? (it'll probably make you redo the settings or something)
I don't really want an always on Kinect tbh.

@Steve Spag

But it's nothing that haven't heard from you already. Damage control isn't going to change their minds all that much tbh

Lol yeah thats all I got really, I didn't mean to offend or anything cuz you seem to be aggravated by me :( Seriously though it would have been great if they expand the movies budget because in all honestly the costumes were shit along with Cheif. It's just an opinion again. I still liked the film you know, I may be acting a little picky tbh because I love Halo.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby 12characters » May 23rd, '13, 04:05

PAINKILLƎR wrote:Lol yeah thats all I got really, I didn't mean to offend or anything cuz you seem to be aggravated by me :( Seriously though it would have been great if they expand the movies budget because in all honestly the costumes were shit along with Cheif. It's just an opinion again. I still liked the film you know, I may be acting a little picky tbh because I love Halo.

Nah it's all good, bro. It's just aggravating when your trying to have a legitimate discussion and the other person is just making jokes. I feel you if you think the costumes could've/should've been better, I just didn't think they were that bad.
Golden God!Image
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby PAINKILLƎR » May 23rd, '13, 04:10

12characters wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:Lol yeah thats all I got really, I didn't mean to offend or anything cuz you seem to be aggravated by me :( Seriously though it would have been great if they expand the movies budget because in all honestly the costumes were shit along with Cheif. It's just an opinion again. I still liked the film you know, I may be acting a little picky tbh because I love Halo.

Nah it's all good, bro. It's just aggravating when your trying to have a legitimate discussion and the other person is just making jokes. I feel you if you think the costumes could've/should've been better, I just didn't think they were that bad.

Yeah, I also thought dialogue was good except for Chiefs, he had some questionable lines. But nothing too big to damage the movie I liked it and looking forward to the nest installments.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby 12characters » May 23rd, '13, 04:12

PAINKILLƎR wrote:
12characters wrote:

Yeah, I also thought dialogue was good except for Chiefs, he had some questionable lines. But nothing too big to damage the movie I liked it and looking forward to the nest installments.

The cool thing is that the Halo lore has gotten pretty big so they have quite a bit of stories to choose from. Hell, they might even make their own up.
Golden God!Image
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby PAINKILLƎR » May 23rd, '13, 04:16

12characters wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:
12characters wrote:Nah it's all good, bro. It's just aggravating when your trying to have a legitimate discussion and the other person is just making jokes. I feel you if you think the costumes could've/should've been better, I just didn't think they were that bad.

The cool thing is that the Halo lore has gotten pretty big so they have quite a bit of stories to choose from. Hell, they might even make their own up.

Word, I was kinda hoping they'd continue where they left off though tbh.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby 12characters » May 23rd, '13, 04:19

Left off? Is it going to be a continuation?
Golden God!Image
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby PAINKILLƎR » May 23rd, '13, 04:22

You've passed the Halo 4 campaign right? You know how they're connected to with each other, that kid from the film ends up being the commander to Infinity no? I was think they'd have like more of that guy or something like that iunno maybe I'm just stretching.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby 12characters » May 23rd, '13, 04:26

PAINKILLƎR wrote:You've passed the Halo 4 campaign right? You know how they're connected to with each other, that kid from the film ends up being the commander to Infinity no? I was think they'd have like more of that guy or something like that iunno maybe I'm just stretching.

Nah I've only played the multiplayer :/

But I feel like there's a chance Spielberg is going to either recreate one of the games, or make a whole other story.
Golden God!Image
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby PAINKILLƎR » May 23rd, '13, 04:29

12characters wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:You've passed the Halo 4 campaign right? You know how they're connected to with each other, that kid from the film ends up being the commander to Infinity no? I was think they'd have like more of that guy or something like that iunno maybe I'm just stretching.

But I feel like there's a chance Spielberg is going to either recreate one of the games, or make a whole other story.

Hmm, I'd totally be up for Spielberg taking to a whole other direction. I still think he's badass and with his imagination the sky is the limit.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby 12characters » May 23rd, '13, 04:31

PAINKILLƎR wrote:
12characters wrote:

Hmm, I'd totally be up for Spielberg taking to a whole other direction. I still think he's badass and with his imagination the sky is the limit.

Yeah, he da man tbh tbh

I guess I should play Halo 4's campaign then :-k
Golden God!Image
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby PAINKILLƎR » May 23rd, '13, 04:36

12characters wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:
12characters wrote:Nah I've only played the multiplayer :/

Yeah, he da man tbh tbh

I guess I should play Halo 4's campaign then :-k

Yeah man, I'd think you'd appreciate unto dawn more by playing the campaign tbh. I barely realized they were connected after the second time I passed it. smh
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Spot