The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Poll: XBox One vs PS4 vs Wii U vs PC

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Xbox One vs PS4

Xbox One
12%
PS4
51%
Both (XB1 & PS4)
3%
Neither
6%
PC f'sho!
18%
Wii U
9%

Total votes : 65

Re: Poll: XBox One vs PS4

Postby viJilance » May 26th, '13, 19:32

Backwards Compatibility is pretty much the only thing that ever sells me on a new generation of systems. Otherwise I wait years for a price drop, in not only the systems but also the games.
Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Steve Spag » May 26th, '13, 19:37

viJilance wrote:Backwards Compatibility is pretty much the only thing that ever sells me on a new generation of systems. Otherwise I wait years for a price drop, in not only the systems but also the games.

I was upset about this fact at first but really, nobody is forcing you to sell your system you have now. When you want to play those old games, hook it up. Who's stopping you?

Edit: I feel this thread should take a look at this thread if you haven't got a chance. There are links to articles and images that show that the One isn't as bad as it seems; viewtopic.php?f=11&t=159897
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SG. » May 26th, '13, 19:52

Where's the Wii U? :shifty: Nah, I'm just kidding.

PS4 fo' sho'. The Xbox One conference bored me and I'm not so hot on Microsoft's constant money grabbing.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby viJilance » May 26th, '13, 21:48

Steve Spag wrote:
viJilance wrote:Backwards Compatibility is pretty much the only thing that ever sells me on a new generation of systems. Otherwise I wait years for a price drop, in not only the systems but also the games.

I was upset about this fact at first but really, nobody is forcing you to sell your system you have now. When you want to play those old games, hook it up. Who's stopping you?

Edit: I feel this thread should take a look at this thread if you haven't got a chance. There are links to articles and images that show that the One isn't as bad as it seems; viewtopic.php?f=11&t=159897

Well technologies constantly evolving, it's not like you save your cell phone from 2006 just to play 'snake' again do you?

When we get an upgrade I expect it to replace what we currently have. What happens when my 360 red rings for the seventh time? Am I gonna have to replace it? What's wrong with popping it into the new console....PC doesn't have this problem.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby viJilance » May 26th, '13, 21:58

Miller wrote:
viJilance wrote:When we get an upgrade I expect it to replace what we currently have. What happens when my 360 red rings for the seventh time? Am I gonna have to replace it? [/b]

This is something I didnt think about. Which is funny, cause I'm currently on my 4th Xbox 360 lol. (and you guys call me a Sony fanboy :shifty: )

Dont have an answer to that tbh. Try to find a 360 on the cheap?

Well it was just an example, personally I sold my 360 after only 1 red ring and I never looked back. But I've had friends go through 4-5.

All I'm saying is, gaming has changed. It's not about being a gamer anymore, it's about being a consumer. Yeah sure they'll release the classics on Xbox live one or PlayStation four network two, but I've already fucking payed for these games.I don't want my shelf cluttered with systems. Don't even get me started on why I think there should be a universal gaming console, because this is just getting ridiculous, it's like an arms race between these people.

Plus with how far I'm backlogged on my game library already, I really don't have time to game as much as I used to. I just feel they're not interested in our entertainment anymore, just money. They're force feeding us gimmicks,

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby PAINKILLƎR » May 26th, '13, 22:26

Playing old games is dope doe
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby SoldierShady » May 26th, '13, 23:10

Add me on PSN, hoes. Tha_OrthodoX
"So one last time, I'm back, 'fore it fades into black and it's all over, behold the final chapter in the saga, trying to recapture that lightning trapped in a bottle twice, the magic that started it all...tragic portrait of an artist tortured....trapped in his own drawings..." - Bruce.

SoldierShady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Steve Spag » May 26th, '13, 23:45

I'll admit I'm starting to like the idea of PS4 a bit more but it doesn't mean that the new Xbox is going to be trash either. I don't know, I think it's still too early to count either one out, I'm very anxious for E3 to see how this all turns out. I was a Playstation fan my whole life, then the original Xbox came out and stole me away from them. Maybe the PS4 will drag me back from Micosoft's grip, maybe not. Still need to see way more before I make a final decision. The thing that turns me away from the One the most is all this kinect shit. I think the new TV stuff is pretty cool, (unnecessary but cool) but kinect is borderline creepy.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » May 27th, '13, 00:36

^ Word. I'm open to the PS4 if it impresses. I was the same way, Sony fan all my life then Microsoft dropped the first Xbox and I was hooked. On not just the Xbox but the franchises it would spawn. I think they're better than Sony franchises. That's why I'm not so quick to jump off the Xbox wagon yet. As Steve Spag said, let's wait until E3 to make our decisions.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby PAINKILLƎR » May 27th, '13, 01:17

When I'm playing my Xbox I stare at my controller and the thought of switching consoles crosses my mind and saddens me.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby 12characters » May 27th, '13, 01:18

When's E3? We should make a thread tbh.
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Steve Spag » May 27th, '13, 01:24

Kill You wrote:^ Word. I'm open to the PS4 if it impresses. I was the same way, Sony fan all my life then Microsoft dropped the first Xbox and I was hooked. On not just the Xbox but the franchises it would spawn. I think they're better than Sony franchises. That's why I'm not so quick to jump off the Xbox wagon yet. As Steve Spag said, let's wait until E3 to make our decisions.

Well said.

PAINKILLƎR wrote:When I'm playing my Xbox I stare at my controller and the thought of switching consoles crosses my mind and saddens me.

Likewise.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Steve Spag » May 27th, '13, 06:09

Miller wrote:and then what if they ruin them by shoving Kinect into all of them. If all of their games are Kinect required in some way.... I'm out for sure.

Same, there's no way that's acceptable to me.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » May 27th, '13, 12:55

Steve Spag wrote:
Miller wrote:and then what if they ruin them by shoving Kinect into all of them. If all of their games are Kinect required in some way.... I'm out for sure.

Same, there's no way that's acceptable to me.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Epidemik » May 28th, '13, 07:01

Im still leaning toward the Xbox One.. I dont like the idea of the kinnect always spying on me though haha.
I did find my experience with Xbox live better than the PSN when I still owned a ps3 (sold it).
Plus the PSN was hacked twice (allegedly) by the hacker group Anonymous. There is conflicting info on the net about who was responsible, but it was still hacked twice and was also down for about a month. Im willing to pay the extra fee every year if it means i get a better online experience and my information stays secure.

The last week brought some high drama, as a separate attack on Sony Online Entertainment resulted in the theft of personal information for 24.6 million users and 20,000 credit card or bank account numbers. Sony told Congress that it found a file named “Anonymous” in its Sony Online Entertainment servers, with the text “We Are Legion” inside. This refers to the hacking group Anonymous, which says it wasn’t involved in either attack. Anonymous had previously attacked Sony’s website, and Sony said this attack was either an intentional or inadvertent diversion.

http://technologizer.com/2011/05/07/pla ... ely-again/
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Spot