The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phanton Pain (RED BAND TRAILER)

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phanton Pain (RED BAND TRAILER)

Postby viJilance » Jun 13th, '13, 08:48

Its kind of pathetic imo.

They're pretty much just raping the series for what it's worth. Honestly, metal gear solid 4 was a very big disappointment to me. Story wise, I guess it was phenomenal... But it was really lacking in something that was so crucial in earlier games.

MGS1 was great (I guess)........ I hated it personally, because I was a Nintendo 64 fan, and that system was extremely superior to the PlayStation. PlayStation was only good for 2D graphics (Symphony of the night, breath the fire 3), games like resident evil and metal gear solid, and final fantasy eight, and so one were practically unplayable because of how bad the 3D looked.

Metal gear solid twin snakes was amazing. Metal gear solid two was very fun, (I don't understand why all the hate for Raiden.) metal gear solid three....no... don't even get me started. That game was perfection. When I was fighting the sniper dude I had a lot of trouble, because I was sort of a newb at at the game, all I would do up to that point is run and gun- so i got frustrated And stop playing. Then I picked it up again, and the guy died Because the PlayStation internal clock calculated how long it was..... It's things like that, that made the game amazing.

Man, Pycho mantis and the controller port thing...

its things like that then made metal gear solid what they were...These games are just fillers, to make money. I'm not interested at all. I didn even played ruvengeance
Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Jun 13th, '13, 14:30

^ I agree with a lot of what you said. Even the MGS 2 Raiden hate. Never got the hate for him. Of course, I also STARTED on that game as well, then went back and played 1 when I liked 2. Idk though, MGS4 was pretty amazing and was the reason I bought a PS3 at the time.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby BigBoss » Jun 13th, '13, 15:59

MGS4 was God damned amazing. Very interested in 5.. I'm willing to bet we see a young SS at the end
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby LIL_B » Jun 13th, '13, 19:11

another episode that will make me cry :cryfam: oh gawd
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Respect the cock! And tame the cunt!
LIL_B
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Snakebeast » Jun 15th, '13, 02:52

viJilance wrote:Its kind of pathetic imo.

They're pretty much just raping the series for what it's worth. Honestly, metal gear solid 4 was a very big disappointment to me. Story wise, I guess it was phenomenal... But it was really lacking in something that was so crucial in earlier games.

MGS1 was great (I guess)........ I hated it personally, because I was a Nintendo 64 fan, and that system was extremely superior to the PlayStation. PlayStation was only good for 2D graphics (Symphony of the night, breath the fire 3), games like resident evil and metal gear solid, and final fantasy eight, and so one were practically unplayable because of how bad the 3D looked.

Metal gear solid twin snakes was amazing. Metal gear solid two was very fun, (I don't understand why all the hate for Raiden.) metal gear solid three....no... don't even get me started. That game was perfection. When I was fighting the sniper dude I had a lot of trouble, because I was sort of a newb at at the game, all I would do up to that point is run and gun- so i got frustrated And stop playing. Then I picked it up again, and the guy died Because the PlayStation internal clock calculated how long it was..... It's things like that, that made the game amazing.

Man, Pycho mantis and the controller port thing...

its things like that then made metal gear solid what they were...These games are just fillers, to make money. I'm not interested at all. I didn even played ruvengeance

LOL WHAT?

Did you even WATCH THIS?

MGS5 is NOWHERE NEAR FILLER. This is Kojima at his finest. Not only has he gotten rid of lengthy cutscenes, he's finally learned how to fully integrate gameplay within his fantastic storytelling. He is using one of the most powerful game engines today (FOX) and showcased brand new gameplay elements (shadow-based stealth, open-world, new CQC, parkour).

And 4 was disappointing, yes. Some awesome parts (final fight with Ocelot, the enemy AI) but the gameplay part felt clunky and clumsy.

MGS5 is basically Peace Walker expanded.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Kill You » Nov 15th, '13, 22:00

Fap fap fap fap fap fap
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Kill You » Nov 18th, '13, 20:41

Which one is coming first? I think Ground Zeroes but not sure.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Return to Gaming Spot