The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Sony is getting REALLY cocky for no fuckin' reason

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Re: Sony is getting REALLY cocky for no fuckin' reason

Postby TommiTMX » Jul 8th, '13, 14:20

cheeseburger wrote:Saw this on facebook and loled a bit

Buys PS4 for $399:
>Gets on PS4
>Puts in game
>Plays Game
>Haves fun

Buys Xbox One for $499:
>Gets home
>Plugs it in
>Tries to put in game
>Forgets that you HAVE to have Xbox Live to play any game no matter if its single player or multiplayer
>Gets out credit card and buys month of Xbox Live for 10$
>Tries to play
>Forgot to buy Kinect Camera because it has to have the camera on at all times so it can watch you masturbate
>Goes back to store buys Kinect for 100$
>Turns on Kinect and tries again
>Game still won't work because it is a Used Copy of the game because Used ones don't work
>Go back and buy a new copy for 60$
>Come back and wait 30 minutes for it to see if its new
>Finally starts game after 4 hours
>Gets ready to play the new Dead Rising 3
>Little brother comes in my room
>Little brother yells "XBOX OFF!" And it turns off
>Start to cry
>Get cancer because of Xbox One
>Have to live the next 30 years in a hospital because you're dying alone
>Die at age 50 because of Xbox One
>Go to Hell for buying Xbox One
>Watches sports talk shows for eternity on Xbox One with Satan

In all fairness a lot of that is inaccurate xD

Kill You wrote:
SliK wrote:
Kill You wrote:Well he's supporting Sony with his post lol and he's rebutting me.

Disagree was probably the wrong word then, as he pointed out there wasn't any subjectivity or opinion offered.

Since you're obviously supporting Xbox, mind offering even one advantage the XBOX One(eighty)has over the PS4?

Probably was the wrong word but he did offer an opinion. It was just brief but he did say he prefers Sony. Or something similar to that, idk I don't feel like looking at the post again.

Well, both systems are actually pretty similar. In hardware they are pretty much the same thing. It comes down to software and games, hardware no longer matters since there's gonna be such a diverse amount of games coming out. Xbox Live is better than PSN, PSN might be free but you get better service on the Xbox. Actually, I think they're gonna make you pay for PSN now? Then there's the games, I just like the exclusives better. The graphics are no different according to reporters who have gotten their hands on some of these games. So it's either you want an Xbox One with a Kinect or the PS4. But in all honesty, both systems are incredibly similar in hardware. So it's gonna come down to software, services, games...we need to get our hands on these systems to exactly know what they're capable of.

I've heard that the Xbox One is more powerful and then I've heard the PS4 is more powerful. As I said I think they're similar. The sellers are gonna be the games themselves. And whether you want a Kinect or not. I think people not interested in the Kinect will buy the PS4. Also PS4 does have the price advantage but I don't care for prices. They're not too different. Gaming is an expensive industry so us as gamers should be prepared for those types of prices. Half a K isn't that far-fetched to me. Of course, that's assuming the console doesn't suck. We won't know for sure until November.

The only thing I said was that I hope that Microsoft still gets some backlash at launch from their decisions in hopes it deters them from switching everything back on (even if not all at once).

Other than that you're correct. The hardware is mostly similar though Sony opted for a different memory structure that may prove beneficial for gaming.

Game play will be almost identical on both. It doesn't matter which is more powerful. The PS3 was more powerful than the 360 but because it was an arse to write for and games needed to be cross-platform. PC games suffer from this horribly unfortunately :(

What about Xbox Live is better than the Playstation Network to you? In the current (soon to be last) generation it was just Microsoft enforcing a payment model for servers that weren't even used to host games properly (see games like CoD and Battlefield still utilizing a Peer to Peer model instead of Client Server model -- Resistance on the Playstation 3 used Client Server and was such a pleasure to play). Originally the Playstation Network lagged behind (no achievements etc.) but that's been updated too.

If anything the Playstation Network has the advantage now. I could be stuck on a game, call you up and let you play my game for me across the internet to get me past a part I'm stuck on. Everything about that tech is cool. That doesn't even include game demo's without installation! Want to try a game before you buy it? Just stream it! I loved the idea of Gaikai and OnLive. When Sony purchase Gaikai I hoped something like this would happen and it could be epic (especially if they have a way to get a license of a PS3 game by putting the disk in and then let you stream legacy PS3 games -- something they hinted about).

Finally if you grab a Vita you can play your PS4 games on your Vita around your house (á la Wii U).

SideNote: Anyone find it amusing that they called it the Xbox One? Originally it was rumoured they called it the Xbox 360 because they feared ignorant parents visiting a shop and seeing Playstation 3 versus Xbox 2 and assuming that a higher number is better. Now it seems they're confident enough in the Xbox brand to ditch that decision and aim for the ONE device that you need xD. And you said Sony were cocky? :sweating:
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby cheeseburger » Jul 8th, '13, 14:23

I know its not true but I loled at it because I imagined it happening for me.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Jul 8th, '13, 16:38

I don't care about all the extra shit like the TV shit. Sure, it's all nice and it doesn't affect me if I don't use it. Only thing I don't like is that because of all this extra shit the console is $500. Not that the price matters too much to me, it's to be expected, but I do agree that they need to not concentrate on TV and concentrate instead on games. I'm sure that they will but for now I see why it doesn't seem too promising. I have faith in it though. I'll use the Kinect, that's about the only thing outside of the system itself that I really want. I've always wanted a Kinect so it's cool that I'll finally be able to get one with my new Xbox. All the other shit...it's just extra to me. Not that they're bad, they're certainly not and I see no reason why an Xbox One owner can't just use it for gaming. He doesn't HAVE to use all the little extra shit lol. I know I'm not going to, there's no point. I'm buying the system for the games not so I can watch TV and play games at the same time or whatever the fuck, that just sounds hectic.

Even outside of this article, though, Sony is incredibly cocky about everything. Ever since E3.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Kill You » Jul 8th, '13, 16:51

Miller wrote:Sure you dont have to use it but a lot of their resources and money are going to it which does directly impact everything else. What if Halo 5 comes out and the story directly relates to the TV show and they somehow use that as a marketing ploy to make you watch the TV show? You dont have to use it, but bad things can still come from it.
It's the same reason why this new "Playstation TV" patent has me worried.

Bad things COULD come from it but then again everything could be just fine. We'll find out soon enough.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Kill You » Jul 9th, '13, 04:29

Miller wrote:Could somebody please explain why Xbox Live is better than PSN? Every single Xbox person says that it's better so would someone care to explain how specifically? I think people just assume it's better because you have to pay for it. I've been using both for years and the ONLY thing Xbox has on PS is cross-game chat. And I hate calling single people out but Kill You, have you ever even owned a PS3? How can you be so confident Xbox Live is better?

And for the record, it is technologically FACT that PS4 is more powerful than Xbox One. It probably wont make a difference for 3rd party stuff, but it will certainly show in the exclusives. Also, the PS4 is EXTREMELY easy to develop for. Sony went to multiple design teams and asked what they specifically want the PS4 to be. This will lead to more teams developing games on PS4 and then porting them to Xbox One, leading them to operate better on PS4 which is the opposite of what happens now.

Also, actually reading through this thread was a great time lol.

Yes, I have owned a PS3 and have stated that several times. That's why I think that it's fair for me to pass judgement on both systems when I've owned both. I bought a PS3 in 2008 for Metal Gear solid 4, played a few other Ps3 exclusives and then...I sold the thing. I had no interest in it. The people online are bland, hardly talk, and when they do they're little kids or douche bags. I just don't think the PSN service is as good as Xbox Live. I like the people better on Xbox, I like the games better, I like everything better on 360. Sure, the PS3 has more power and better graphics but great graphics don't create great games. MGS4, Uncharted, Sly Cooper are really the only games I gave a shit about and are the only ones memorable to me. And when I beat them I was done with the PS3. I never played Last Of Us so I won't list that game as "memorable" since I have no memories of it lol. PS3 only has like 3 or 4 exclusives that are any good to me. :coffee:

If every single Xbox fan you talk to prefers XBL I think that means something lol. XBL is worth the money for the service you get.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Arrinef » Jul 9th, '13, 04:50

they are equal, it all boils down to matter of taste in games. If you like the last of us, god of war, and grand turismo cool. I do too, i also enjoy halo, left 4 dead, and forza.

But i see it as many hate on systems cause they dont have them. I bought my ps3 first, so yeah i thought it was genius at that time, but i soon found the 360 offers a same feel with its roster as well. I use both almost daily or i try too.

But many broke teenagers feel the need to bash because of their lack of income or experience

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Kill You » Jul 9th, '13, 05:16

Yeah I really do kinda regret selling the thing but oh well lol. Yeah I think I did sell it in 2011. Either that or 2012.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Previous

Return to Gaming Spot