The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Nintendo Thread

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

The Nintendo Thread

Postby Kill You » Aug 4th, '13, 15:44

Other people who own this under-appreciated system? It's not the best system out there, obviously, but it gets a whole lot of hate. What do you like about it? What do you hate about it? I just wish that they would bump up the hardware (though Basedshady raised the point that Nintendo keeps rehashing their franchises and don't really upgrade or take chances) and add in something like trophies/achievements...just give me SOME incentive to revisit games. Either that or just start making better games, period.

We can also discuss Nintendo in general in this thread too. Do you like Nintendo? Do you think they suck as a gaming company? They're veterans, been around for a very long time, but Sony and Microsoft seem to be pulling ahead in the gaming race. I wish that every once and a while that they would just step out of their box and make something daring and innovative like they did before. Don't concentrate SO much on family-oriented games. There are mature Wii U owners as well, after all, it's not smart to just appeal to one demographic. Granted, I still want them making Mario, Zelda, DK, and Sonic games. All four are legends in gaming and I love all four franchises. How can any gamer not at least have RESPECT for Nintendo? Look at their catalog. I think they have held their own.

Let's talk Nintendo.
Last edited by Kill You on Aug 5th, '13, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: The Wii U/Nintendo Thread

Postby DƎRDYPK » Aug 4th, '13, 15:50

I want one of these Gameboy Advance SPs, shits stylish as fuck
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby HeySamantha » Aug 4th, '13, 16:12

I had a WiiU but brought it back because there were so few games for it. Glad I did, there still aren't that many games out for it. I know you can use old Wii games, but it's not the same. I swapped mine for a red 3DSXL. I've been in love with it ever since.

Zelda in 3D. Enough said.
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Kill You » Aug 4th, '13, 16:38

I've thought about getting a 3DS...is it better than the Wii U? I would feel uneasy about switching a full-on system for a handheld one but I've heard incredibly positive things about the 3DS. The thing is my mom likes Just Dance 4 on it and I think she would be mad if I ever swapped it lmao.

3DS's aren't that much, might pick one up and not even trade the system.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby HeySamantha » Aug 4th, '13, 16:50

Kill You wrote:I've thought about getting a 3DS...is it better than the Wii U? I would feel uneasy about switching a full-on system for a handheld one but I've heard incredibly positive things about the 3DS. The thing is my mom likes Just Dance 4 on it and I think she would be mad if I ever swapped it lmao.

3DS's aren't that much, might pick one up and not even trade the system.

I just find you have a shitton of game options because you can use DS games on the 3DS system as well. You tend to have more DK, Zelda, Mario ect games with handhelds.

I personally like the DS line because it's portable. What I didn't like about the Wii/WiiU console is that it stays put. I can put my 3DS in my purse/pocket and bring it where ever the hell I want and I have all the game I want to own. Play anywhere is way better than only your living room at home imo.

Game reference:
DS/3DS total games - 1,403
Wii/WiiU total games- 1,011

PS - I'll admit I'm bias with gaming systems. I am all about portability. I've always had gameboy's since they first came out. I only used consoles when gameboy wasn't an option.

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Kill You » Aug 4th, '13, 21:59

Well, I did it. It was a painful decision but I think I wanted the 3DS slightly more. Neat little system though. I'm satisfied with it. I feel kinda bad about abandoning the Wii U, I might pick it up again when it drops in price and has more/better games out for it. Just for right now this is Nintendo's best system. Got a red XL.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Kill You » Aug 5th, '13, 01:55

Miller wrote:I personally think the 3DS is way better than the Wii U but I think you'll regret it eventually.
I have 2 friends who own Wii Us and they havent played them in months.

I do sorta regret it, but the 3DS has WAY better games. Was browsing that Gamestop. :whew:

I hardly played mine was the problem. When I did play it, I enjoyed it greatly. It just doesn't have enough games, not enough really going for it right now. Once it drops down in price I'll probably pick it up again, I have a feeling next year Nintendo is gonna try to step it up.

I liked the Wii U, but damn man...this 3DS is awesome. I like it way better already.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby HeySamantha » Aug 5th, '13, 02:59

Told you!!! 3DSXL is awesome! We have the same one :)

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby yung rom » Aug 5th, '13, 05:12

yea i don't have a wii u but i would only get one for smash bros
Charlotte wrote:Talk about cringe please, check your own posts in ANY thread.
Charlotte wrote:yung rom living up to his sig
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Aug 5th, '13, 13:21

Miller wrote:Yeah the thing with Nintendo is (not trying to rip on them I'm just saying) that all of their big name games are very simple and arent demanding of strong hardware so you can get the same style games that they are offering on the Wii U on your 3DS. Like Donkey Kong Country, Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Mario Golf, ect. The 3DS is even getting Smash Bros. But Smash Bros is 1000000 times better playing with 4 people on the TV.

Yeah, it actually surprises me how this thing can keep up with the Wii U. Can produce games with graphics as good as the Wii U can. I'm impressed. I got Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance as one of my games and holy shit...looks like it could be at home on the PS2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time looks 1000 times better now as well.

The thing that worries me as that they'll eventually stop making 3DS and Wii U port games and just start making them as Wii U games. Idk though, 3DS' are extremely popular and I don't see it going away anytime soon unless Nintendo puts out another system. The way I see it now, they seem to like making two versions of the same game for both systems.

I renamed the thread btw, since I don't even own a Wii U anymore and we're speaking on 3DS'. :sweating:

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: The Nintendo Thread

Postby Kill You » Aug 5th, '13, 17:34

Yeah, I know that's what's going on now. I'm worried that that's eventually what they're gonna start doing though. They'll want to push the Wii U further if they want to keep up with the PS4 and the Xbox One and I'm just scared that they're gonna start once the new year comes around. They are about to drop a new black 3DS XL out though so it might stick around for a little bit longer like I'm thinking it will, idk. Doesn't seem to be losing momentum. In fact the Gamestop guy gave me a high five for switching systems lmao. He said the 3DS is awesome and about to drop some really great games. I agree with him.

Don't wanna sound like a kid but I picked up Pokemon Black 2, it's pretty awesome, if anyone owns the game I'm willing to battle. I'm gonna get Pokemon X or Y when they come out too, that'll actually be 3D. I didn't realize at first Black 2 was only a DS game, still very fun though. I'm practically addicted, played that the most out of all the ones I got yesterday.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Kill You » Aug 5th, '13, 21:14

Yeah that's true...missing out on Bioshock: Infinite was truly stupid though. Arguably the biggest game of the year so far and Wii U doesn't have it but has other games like Arkham City? Mass Effect 3? And they're not gonna have GTA5 either, that's pretty garbage as well. Shit.

I really have a feeling that within the next few years, maybe by 2016-17, that Nintendo is gonna drop their actual next-gen system. Wii U is supposed to be "next-gen" but in reality it's current-gen.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby SG. » Aug 6th, '13, 01:05

Anybody got Animal Crossing?

THAT GAME.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Kill You » Aug 6th, '13, 06:10

SG. wrote:Anybody got Animal Crossing?

THAT GAME.

I don't but I played it for Gamecube. Lol I was in love with that game at one point. So addicting and fun. :wub:

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Rollimeo » Aug 6th, '13, 07:00

Kill You wrote:
SG. wrote:Anybody got Animal Crossing?

THAT GAME.

I don't but I played it for Gamecube. Lol I was in love with that game at one point. So addicting and fun. :wub:

the new one is more addicting, that said haven't played it in over a week :sweating:
Rollimeo
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Gaming Spot