The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Where is Sega in all this?

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 2nd, '14, 08:50

Kill You wrote:A thought crossed my mind just now...Sega's last system was the Dreamcast, fuckin' so long ago I don't even remember exactly what age I was when it came out. All I remember was getting that and Sonic Adventure for Christmas and fucking playing that shit all the time. I miss Sega when they were such a huge, prominent part of the gaming industry.

So, with these next-gen consoles coming out, Sega has a chance to bounce back. Well, they could if they really wanted to. But Nintendo pretty much has their mascot, Sonic the Hedgehog...do you guys think Sega should drop another system? Dreamcast was good, it just didn't sell shit. Would you buy another Sega system? Something tells me I'm being a dumb ass with this thread but I'm 100% serious.

Sega Universe coming soon, yo. (just trolling, ofc)



I don't mind Sega or Nintendo being part of the mix. But Nintendo has made a bunch of mistakes. However, Microsoft is the one company that shouldn't be in gaming. X BOX is dedicated to bringing people entertainment, but it doesn't specialize in games like Playstation.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Apr 17th, '12, 10:40
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby Kill You » Feb 2nd, '14, 13:22

Hopsinshadie wrote:
Kill You wrote:A thought crossed my mind just now...Sega's last system was the Dreamcast, fuckin' so long ago I don't even remember exactly what age I was when it came out. All I remember was getting that and Sonic Adventure for Christmas and fucking playing that shit all the time. I miss Sega when they were such a huge, prominent part of the gaming industry.

So, with these next-gen consoles coming out, Sega has a chance to bounce back. Well, they could if they really wanted to. But Nintendo pretty much has their mascot, Sonic the Hedgehog...do you guys think Sega should drop another system? Dreamcast was good, it just didn't sell shit. Would you buy another Sega system? Something tells me I'm being a dumb ass with this thread but I'm 100% serious.

Sega Universe coming soon, yo. (just trolling, ofc)



I don't mind Sega or Nintendo being part of the mix. But Nintendo has made a bunch of mistakes. However, Microsoft is the one company that shouldn't be in gaming. X BOX is dedicated to bringing people entertainment, but it doesn't specialize in games like Playstation.


What the fuck kind of bullshit statement is that? Microsoft doesn't "specialize in games" are you aware that Sony started out as an entertainment company and they moved on to the Playstation after Nintendo and Sega already did it? It's the same exact fucking thing with Microsoft dude. You said XBOX is dedicated to bringing people entertainment but that's where you err, you meant to say Microsoft. But I just totally destroyed your stupid as fuck logic. Literally, Sony and Microsoft are very similar companies. You can actually make an argument saying Microsoft got into gaming before Sony with the PC.

Fucking dead. RIP.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Image
User avatar
Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper
 
Posts: 8163
Joined: Jan 26th, '12, 15:24

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 2nd, '14, 16:03

Kill You wrote:What the fuck kind of bullshit statement is that? Microsoft doesn't "specialize in games" are you aware that Sony started out as an entertainment company and they moved on to the Playstation after Nintendo and Sega already did it? It's the same exact fucking thing with Microsoft dude. You said XBOX is dedicated to bringing people entertainment but that's where you err, you meant to say Microsoft. But I just totally destroyed your stupid as fuck logic. Literally, Sony and Microsoft are very similar companies. You can actually make an argument saying Microsoft got into gaming before Sony with the PC.

Fucking dead. RIP.


Microsoft will never be most famous for games. Sony is the bread and butter. Microsoft should just focus on PC's. They didn't invent Crash, Spyro, Tomb Raider, or Resident Evil. How can you compare X Box to Playstation?
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Apr 17th, '12, 10:40
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby Kill You » Feb 2nd, '14, 20:46

Hopsinshadie wrote:
Kill You wrote:What the fuck kind of bullshit statement is that? Microsoft doesn't "specialize in games" are you aware that Sony started out as an entertainment company and they moved on to the Playstation after Nintendo and Sega already did it? It's the same exact fucking thing with Microsoft dude. You said XBOX is dedicated to bringing people entertainment but that's where you err, you meant to say Microsoft. But I just totally destroyed your stupid as fuck logic. Literally, Sony and Microsoft are very similar companies. You can actually make an argument saying Microsoft got into gaming before Sony with the PC.

Fucking dead. RIP.


Microsoft will never be most famous for games. Sony is the bread and butter. Microsoft should just focus on PC's. They didn't invent Crash, Spyro, Tomb Raider, or Resident Evil. How can you compare X Box to Playstation?


No, you're wrong. Sony's first priority is entertainment. Second is games. It's the same way with Microsoft. You're putting shit I didn't even say out of context. Playstation and Sony DID NOT invent those games you fucking inbred fuckwad, the gaming companies did.

And Microsoft IS pretty famous for games. Tell that to the Xbox 360, which WON the last console war. That's why Sony is trying to one-up them constantly in the new generation. Every time Microsoft ever made an announcement, Sony would make another one trying to do better. LOLOLOL. You failed. Give up.

Are you gonna say PC gamers are fake too?
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Image
User avatar
Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper
 
Posts: 8163
Joined: Jan 26th, '12, 15:24

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 3rd, '14, 03:43

Kill You wrote:
Microsoft will never be most famous for games. Sony is the bread and butter. Microsoft should just focus on PC's. They didn't invent Crash, Spyro, Tomb Raider, or Resident Evil. How can you compare X Box to Playstation?


No, you're wrong. Sony's first priority is entertainment. Second is games. It's the same way with Microsoft. You're putting shit I didn't even say out of context. Playstation and Sony DID NOT invent those games you fucking inbred fuckwad, the gaming companies did.

And Microsoft IS pretty famous for games. Tell that to the Xbox 360, which WON the last console war. That's why Sony is trying to one-up them constantly in the new generation. Every time Microsoft ever made an announcement, Sony would make another one trying to do better. LOLOLOL. You failed. Give up.

Are you gonna say PC gamers are fake too?[/quote]


PC gamers are a different breed. I'd put X box gamers closer towards PC gamers. They are not the Sega/Playstation true gamers. They are not retro gamers. When we were kids, we would think an X Box One sounds inferior and silly. Name ONE thing, just ONE IMPORTANT and specific thing an X box is better for. I mean christ, you need batteries for the controllers.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Apr 17th, '12, 10:40
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby Hopsinshadie » Mar 7th, '14, 15:31

If Sega came out with a new system, I'd probably buy it. You know something just crossed my mind. I like PS2 graphics better than PS3 graphics for the most part. PS3's graphics are too ''mature'' for me. PS2 looks nice. Btw, you have to play the old PS games on old tv's except for some games. You know how you say the graphics haven't aged well on old systems? No kidding, they have aged! But that's more of a tv thing, not a mental thing. It really wasn't in your mind!

But I think PS2 had perfect graphics, unless you're into everything looking so realistic. Some games are good for looking realistic, but how would like Sonic or Donkey Kong to look like real hedge hogs or real gorillas? Be pretty weird right? How would you like Mario to look real? That would be awkward. If you're into the semi cartoon look, PS3 doesn't do you justice for some games. This is why I'm a retro gamer. I didn't say PS2 has better graphics, but it's just that too much of a good thing isn't always good. But this is just for me. I'm not conducting an argument.

I wouldn't mind PS2 coming out with a new version of it, where the graphics looked more HD, but the same. For MGS, I actually like the graphics the best on PS1. I don't mind HD graphics or colorful graphics, but I get really scared playing Resident Evil 5 on PS3 because the zombies look a little too real.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Apr 17th, '12, 10:40
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby LilBuffDa[OG] » Mar 8th, '14, 05:07

Sega learned their lesson with the Saturn. It was a good system it just didn't have third party support. Drramcast was their downfall too, no piracy protection and no appeal to the western world.

Sega is playing in the shadows for a good reason, let sony and Microsoft bicker always trying to one up each other. Sega is good where they are.
Lil Buff runnin' through ya neighborhood with bricks, ready to smash ya face and shit.
User avatar
LilBuffDa[OG]
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Feb 18th, '14, 08:42

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby LilBuffDa[OG] » Mar 8th, '14, 05:11

Hopsinshadie wrote:Tell that to the Xbox 360, which WON the last console war.


This is very subjective. Just because you're a circlejerking fanboy faggot doesn't mean Microsoft sold more than Nintendo. Because they didn't. And these days its all about money.
Lil Buff runnin' through ya neighborhood with bricks, ready to smash ya face and shit.
User avatar
LilBuffDa[OG]
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Feb 18th, '14, 08:42

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby Hopsinshadie » Mar 8th, '14, 08:07

LilBuffDa[OG] wrote:
Hopsinshadie wrote:Tell that to the Xbox 360, which WON the last console war.


This is very subjective. Just because you're a circlejerking fanboy faggot doesn't mean Microsoft sold more than Nintendo. Because they didn't. And these days its all about money.


I never wrote the above
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Apr 17th, '12, 10:40
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby LilBuffDa[OG] » Mar 8th, '14, 08:13

Hopsinshadie wrote:
LilBuffDa[OG] wrote:
Hopsinshadie wrote:Tell that to the Xbox 360, which WON the last console war.


This is very subjective. Just because you're a circlejerking fanboy faggot doesn't mean Microsoft sold more than Nintendo. Because they didn't. And these days its all about money.


I never wrote the above


What're you inbred or something? Its clearly in your post.
Lil Buff runnin' through ya neighborhood with bricks, ready to smash ya face and shit.
User avatar
LilBuffDa[OG]
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Feb 18th, '14, 08:42

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby Raul » Mar 8th, '14, 14:35

Sega Genesis is the best console of all time.
Image

#encorefam
User avatar
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 5699
Joined: Jul 10th, '13, 22:46
Location: Brazil
Gender: Male

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby Hopsinshadie » Mar 8th, '14, 14:52

I don't think I ever would say something like that, unless I have an evil twin
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Apr 17th, '12, 10:40
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby Kill You » Mar 8th, '14, 20:28

Miller wrote:The quoting on this page is really fucked up.


For realz dawg.

I wouldn't say the Genesis or Saturn are the GOAT systems. Honestly, technologically PS4 is obviously the best system created so far. Maybe not game-wise but if we're talking about the actual systems then the debate is one sided lol. Even as an Xbox One owner and fan, I can admit that the PS4 is just a superior console. If only it would have had games that appealed to me then I would have bought it. But more Xbox games sparked my interest.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Image
User avatar
Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper
 
Posts: 8163
Joined: Jan 26th, '12, 15:24

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby DƎRDYPK » Mar 8th, '14, 20:29

Kill You wrote:Genesis the GOAT system



Truuuuu
___________ImageImageImageImageImage
___________#MegaLan #CH #ImageforVet #NNWO #FreeSticcy #ProtectSSLP #PorchMonkey4Life #JonJafari4President #Hopsin&BasedShadyGimmeYoPS4z
___________ This beat > & This mashup >, HipHopShelter, Charles Hamilton media database
Eminem wrote:Charles Hamilton/Manson & Bronson
User avatar
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton
 
Posts: 14613
Joined: Feb 7th, '09, 01:43
Location: Still up in Maylou's ass son
Gender: Male

Re: Where is Sega in all this?

Postby Hopsinshadie » Mar 9th, '14, 10:41

Genesis is the goat kill you? better than super nes? Also I just played Sonic 1 on my ps3. I have the sonic collection & the graphics aren't great. My Ps2 games, well some of them have been upgraded on my 60 gb ps3, but not sonic. I thought the hd component cable would help. Sonic still needs a remake.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Apr 17th, '12, 10:40
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Spot



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users