The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

! The GTA V Thread !

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

! The GTA V Thread !

Postby SajN » Sep 12th, '13, 15:30

Only few days left, so I figured it's better to have a GTA V thread to discuss the actual game when it comes out instead of using the Official Trailer thread. This thread is for both consoles.

The map is here if you wanna see: http://images.tinypic.pl/i/00443/e9ysi229a6xt.jpg
There are other leaks too, but I am avoiding them, so I am not posting anything here.

Remember; no spoilers!

If you do post something that is considered a spoiler, make it so that we have to mark the text (CTRL A) to see what you say, or post just the link. Do not post it as an embedded video or picture. Just the link, like I did.

What is your first plan when you start the game?

I think I am gonna do the first tutorial missions you have to do before being to explore the game yourself. Then I am taking a walk for a bit (in the game). Drive around a bit just to feel the game. Probably do a couple more missions and then again just drive around and check the places.

EDIT: If someone wants to make a GTA Crew, let me know. I am all in.

Console: PS3
PSN: InSajN
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Re: ! The GTA V Thread !

Postby DƎRDYPK » Sep 12th, '13, 15:32

In
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby Hansen » Sep 12th, '13, 15:38

I can't waaaaaaaaaaaait
TrShady is just great. A place where pompousus blowhards can connect with other pompousus blowhards, and form a vast circle jerk of pomposity.

Hansen
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SajN » Sep 12th, '13, 15:38

I am picking it up at midnight release. Luckily I have no class on tuesday, so I can just play it after I pick it up.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Hansen » Sep 12th, '13, 15:40

I think I got midnight release with my pre-order aswell but my brother is the one who has it so i'll just get it on the release date.
TrShady is just great. A place where pompousus blowhards can connect with other pompousus blowhards, and form a vast circle jerk of pomposity.

Hansen
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SajN » Sep 12th, '13, 15:41

You live in Oslo?
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Hansen » Sep 12th, '13, 15:41

SajN wrote:You live in Oslo?

Nah my brother does, I live in Ski

Hansen
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Despicable » Sep 12th, '13, 16:36

Only a few days left now.The game looks so sick,so much stuff to do on it!

Im gonna steal a bike and cycle around in the city first,look around and just enjoy it.Then do a couple of missions before i explore more out side of the city.

So much exploring to do on it,i cant wait!!!
Cry babies,maybe my way that i use words is loose
but you turds better be careful how you choose yours
Cause feelings scar,but egos bruise worse
And the truth hurts,shit no wonder youre sore losers
Despicable
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Sep 12th, '13, 16:38

DƎRDYPK wrote:In
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Evil Twin » Sep 12th, '13, 16:41

FUCKING IN!!

Got this shit pre-ordered from Amazon for £35. Guarantee to be here the day it is released, it better be anyway. Have work that day and sadly can't get it off but as soon as I'm home, I'll be on GTA 5 forever.

We're gonna rock this house until we knock it down
So turn the volume loud, cause it's mayhem 'til the a.m.
So baby make just like K-Fed and let yourself go, let yourself go
Say fuck it before we kick the bucket
Life's too short to not go for broke

Go Berzerk!
Evil Twin
Soldier
Soldier

Postby xYnDart » Sep 12th, '13, 16:59

Imagine this guys, Michael gets a called from Tommy Vercetti he is asked to come down to Vice City with his other friends, He claims he has a few "Jobs" for them to do, What do you guys think?
"There's darkness closing in, here it comes again
It controls my pen, that ain't me, it's my evil twin
(I step out and see my evil twin, he gives me an evil grin)
He's just a friend who pops up now and again
So don't blame me, blame him, my evil twin
(I step out and see my evil twin, he gives me an evil grin)"

-Evil Twin
xYnDart
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Evil Twin » Sep 12th, '13, 17:44

Summary about GTA online from October's issue of Game Informer

GTA Online has been in the works since GTA 3. Eventually GTA Online will be expanded to include previous worlds and future worlds.
The game will support up to 16 concurrent players
Right now GTA Online takes place before the events of GTA V so you will run into those protagonists.
Your online character will take a 4th slot on your character selection wheel
You will choose his (or her) parents and grandparents and this will decide their looks
You will choose your player's lifestyle (active, athletic, lazy, drinker, etc)
These skills and lifestyle start out small but can be upgraded later along with haircuts, clothes, and tattoos
The players in your world can be auto-populated with your friends, your crew, and similarly ranked players, or each player can be hand picked. You can also play in "passive mode" where players can't kill you, but you become hostile when you fire your weapon. Matchmaking will keep crews together and they can challenge other crews.
Crews can do missions, heists, robberies, assault gang hideouts, hijack armored vehicles, races, and also sports activities

There are already 500 missions to do with friends online.
You can accept race invites from your phone to warp to the location, instead of waiting in a lobby. For some missions, a lobby window does open up so the crew leader can customize the time of day, weather, degree of difficulty, and the number of lives the crew has to complete the mission.
Each player will select their role for the mission and receive specific instructions for that role. If they die, they can respawn but it will count against their crew's lives.
Crews will plan missions at a hangout location, and will procure weapons and vehicles before starting.
While a friend or crew mate is driving, you can change the radio station and set markers on the map.
During missions, your crew can hire 3rd parties like a biker gang or security company to help out.

After each mission, you receive Reputation Points and a cash reward. You will have an individual rank and a crew ranking.
The crew leader decides how the money is split after a mission or heist. If it's not divided fairly, players can kill each other to take the cash. The cash is safe from other players if it is deposited into an ATM. Purchases made will be debited from the bank account.
Cash is used to buy upgrades to your character's appearance as well as customizable weapons, vehicles, and housing. If someone in your crew owns some luxury real estate, the crew unlocks the ability to meet there and plan for a high stakes mission.
Each home comes with a garage to store customized vehicles, with more space depending on the house, up to 10 vehicles.
You can invite friends and crew members over to have a drink, call strippers, enjoy the view, and watch the Rockstar parody TV shows together. If one of your crew members is in a high speed chase, they will appear on Weazel News on the TV.

Rockstar plans to continue creating new content for GTA Online and support it as a separate product from GTA V.
There will be a dedicated team to help with the stress testing in the first few weeks.
Player created race and deathmatch modes will be available at launch, with more complex mission creators coming later.
You need to access a certain rank before you can create (but it only takes 1 hour of play).
Creation mode lets you choose the type of race (Normal, GTA, or Rally), weather, radio station, police interference, and ambient drivers.
Deathmatch creation mode lets you choose the type, timer, and kill count, spawn points, weapon types, and extra props and vehicles.
Rockstar will be playing and ranking the user-created content on the Social Club, and players can download the best content

Go Berzerk!
Evil Twin
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SajN » Sep 12th, '13, 17:51

This sounds so good.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby cheeseburger » Sep 12th, '13, 17:54

^ Seriously, is this shit really true? Am I dreaming or is GTA Online going to be fucking WOW? In that case, im in for it. Fucking amazing!!
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Evil Twin » Sep 12th, '13, 18:25

By the way, gameplay has leaked. Some videos on fine and almost all the videos on youtube have been shut down.

Go Berzerk!
Evil Twin
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Gaming Spot