The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

8 Things To Know About GTA V (no spoilers!)

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

8 Things To Know About GTA V (no spoilers!)

Postby ladelsofgravy » Sep 17th, '13, 13:24

I just got my disc midnight release and played it all night. For those who haven't got it yet and are interested in knowing, I'll make this list.

1 - Your health bar is lower and you die easier. Gunfights are more fatal so you must use the cover system.

2 - It's easier to fail missions due to lower health, but checkpoints are frequent so it all balances out.

3 - Switching characters feature offers a quick way to travel throughout the world and avoid backtracking.

4 - There are no unlockable areas of the game, but the game introduces things to you slowly. You can go to distant areas early on if you want to, but it requires you to make a conscious effort in doing so.

5 - The first hour of the game is so-so, but the second hour is great!

6 - The physics in GTA V are strange and bizarre, but they work and I wouldn't have it any other way.

7 - Cars are smoother, gentler, turn sharper and handle more like in racing games than in other GTA entries. Cars are also glued to the ground, so flipping rarely if ever happens. Franklin's special ability is extremely practical and makes the driving very enjoyable.

8 - The Xbox 360 version performs just fine. A few minor framerate issues and texture pop-ins exist, but still it looks and plays incredibly
TES > MMLP > MMLP2 > SSLP > Rec = Rel > Enc
ladelsofgravy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: 8 Things To Know About GTA V (no spoilers!)

Postby Kill You » Sep 17th, '13, 14:27

I thought the first hour was really good.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby XxachiganxX » Sep 17th, '13, 15:21

I love Franklins special ability. It was fun running from the cops with that.
"Tired of backstabbing ass snakes with friendly grins"
XxachiganxX
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Sep 17th, '13, 15:30

Yean Franklin's ability is spot-on awesome. I love using it, sometimes I overuse it...man, GTAO needta be here.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby ladelsofgravy » Sep 17th, '13, 23:43

Rollefsen wrote:
Hage wrote:slipping in a car is annoying imo

and the fact that any grandma car can drive up the mount everest with no problems

I'd rather a dumpster truck drive like a corvette than a corvette drive like a dumpster truck.
TES > MMLP > MMLP2 > SSLP > Rec = Rel > Enc
ladelsofgravy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Gaming Spot