The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Retro Gaming Appreciation

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Re: Retro Gaming Appreciation

Postby Just Silver » Jan 24th, '14, 13:45

I know HS might be trolling but I agree with a lot of stuff as well
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 24th, '14, 18:36

Just Silver wrote:I know HS might be trolling but I agree with a lot of stuff as well

You gotta understand something. Since PS4 came out and everyone has enamored the eye candy graphics, I've obsessively taken a step backwards for the classics. Now I actually wanna play again. I think it's because when I think of all these old games, it puts me in a certain atmosphere that feels special. I can't explain it. I don't get that feel with the new games.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » Jan 24th, '14, 18:37

Hopsinshadie wrote:
Just Silver wrote:I know HS might be trolling but I agree with a lot of stuff as well

You gotta understand something. Since PS4 came out and everyone has enamored the eye candy graphics, I've obsessively taken a step backwards for the classics. Now I actually wanna play again. I think it's because when I think of all these old games, it puts me in a certain atmosphere that feels special. I can't explain it. I don't get that feel with the new games.

That's because you're slow

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 24th, '14, 18:40

Slow???
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 24th, '14, 20:47

Miller wrote:I know you are the most obvious troll ever and are terrible at it but holy shit this is hilarious. I wish I didnt love debating video game stuff so much and I could just leave all of your bait comments alone.

No. I'm being honest. I was looking at Tomb Raider and it has great graphics.

But you don't get it. u remember that feel getting your first psp? I do. It was a great day. I remember getting it for my birthday, playing the demo games that had Einhander, Blasto, Tomb Raider. I had Grand Turismo. I remember the box looked so sick. Just going to school, talking about playstation with my friends. Coming home and just soaking it all in. Those were good days. I remember the feeling of wanting a playstation when I went to one of the X games and they had a big set up for all the new games. See today's systems can't give me these memories. They can't bring me back. Yet whenever I go to youtube and I look at the old ps1 games, I start to really feel that same magic again. I don't know why but Dead Rising 3 and all these new games just don't do it for me at least when I go to youtube. They just don't give me that same feel I had with the PSP. But till this day, just going to youtube and watching the old games gives me the chills. It's a priceless feeling and that's why I'm going back to the golden dayz.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 24th, '14, 20:52

playstation
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Jan 24th, '14, 20:53

obvious troll is obvious
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 24th, '14, 21:03

PAINKILLƎR wrote:obvious troll is obvious

shut up.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » Jan 24th, '14, 21:17

Hopsinshadie wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:obvious troll is obvious

shut up.

chut up

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 26th, '14, 03:37

Just went to a retro arcade. I'm taking a break and getting a meal. I thought it would be easy. I don't know how to play pacman or turn on the pinball machine. It's a free arcade once u pay. Bit I try to play pinball and something else comes on. Some alligator or boat game. Trying to play tron but I don't know the object. Do I shoot everything? Maybe I'm too hungry. Can't concentrate. After getting grub at this spot I'm going back in and going to figure things out. They be playing 80s music like all night long. It's a throwback place

EDIT: Just got back from the Arcade. I'm too tired. I was too tired to concentrate on the games. But Space Invaders was weird. It took me like 5 minutes to realize that I was even in the game. I kept waiting for the game to start and then realized the whole time the game was already going. That's how shitty the graphics were. See PS1 and SNES school the 80s arcade games. I mean there were some cool ones, but for the most part ps1, sega genesis, and snes are the bread and butter.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 31st, '14, 13:11

I don't mean to double post, but nobody wrote since my last post.

I feel like there's something wrong with me. See, I was out of gaming for almost 10 years and now I'm getting back into it. I'm more fascinated by PS1 and PS2 because those were the systems I used to play. But the thing is, I appreciated them now more than ever. And I have been going on youtube and looking at the new systems and games like Ghosts, 2nd son, etc.. And they do look cool. The graphics are very realistic. But I'm still very impressed and blown away by PS2's graphics. My friend was too, maybe because we're both getting back into gaming and assumed that PS1 and PS2's graphics would suck by now. But I feel like they don't. In fact when I look at PS4 or X Box one, I actually feel a little bit uneasy because the graphics can look a little ''too'' real. But I'm not sure if that's a good thing because I liked the idea of being able to escape the real world and be plugged into something that still wasn't ''too'' real.

And other people from the internet laugh at me and tell me that there is nothing better than today's games. Is that so? I feel almost guilty for finding so much honest pleasure from the old games. They are cheaper and I almost feel like I'm in heaven getting back into gaming because the old games are much cheaper now and I want to build a library. They are even funner for me now. Like when I look at the graphics of 10 years ago, I feel like these are modern games. When I look at PS4's graphics, it just doesn't feel natural or right for me. It's just too much for me to handle. It feels like the future. So is it wrong for me to like PS2 and PS1? I can't help myself, I'm starting to play some of my demos for PS2 and I have 4 ps1 games coming including Syphon Filter and Crash 2. Is it wrong that I like what I like? I don't think that a console is better just because of more real looking graphics. You gotta remember, once they take it too far, they can't go back.

Also, I can't explain it but the old games bring me back to happier times. PS3 was not a happy time for me. That's when personal shit went down & I was miserable. You know what I'm talking about.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Just Silver » Jan 31st, '14, 13:15

Im more of a genesis guy rather than ps1

Ps2 however had a few gems

Then again ps1 introduced spyro
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 31st, '14, 13:22

Just Silver wrote:Im more of a genesis guy rather than ps1

Ps2 however had a few gems

Then again ps1 introduced spyro

Well, I did not grow up with genesis. It's the system I used to want. Fortunately, My buddy let me have one yesterday so I will be getting into it.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Just Silver » Jan 31st, '14, 13:26

Have u ever heard of Pico lol it's technically my first system
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 31st, '14, 13:39

Pico?
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Spot