The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Retro Gaming Appreciation

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Re: Retro Gaming Appreciation

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 20th, '14, 02:56

Retro gaming is simply better in every single way. Today's gaming is horrible. Read this article. http://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/3 ... games-rule
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » Jan 20th, '14, 03:46

Hopsinshadie wrote:Retro gaming is simply better in every single way. Today's gaming is horrible. Read this article. http://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/3 ... games-rule

No retro game ever came close to Spec Ops: The Line, Stanley Parable, or Last of Us.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 20th, '14, 05:42

There should be a Super Nintendo 2. Better upgraded graphics, but the same simplicity.

The controllers today are a joke. Who has the brain or the patience to learn all those buttons?

Like the article said, no games are unique anymore. And I loved going to the arcades. I feel sorry for the kids who will never know what an arcade even was. Too never have that kind of an experience. Instead it's all bout graphics and pausing & texting every 5 seconds. Today's games don't bring you back. I can't wait to get my PS1 and NES.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » Jan 20th, '14, 05:46

Hopsinshadie wrote:There should be a Super Nintendo 2. Better upgraded graphics, but the same simplicity.

The controllers today are a joke. Who has the brain or the patience to learn all those buttons?

Like the article said, no games are unique anymore. And I loved going to the arcades. I feel sorry for the kids who will never know what an arcade even was. Too never have that kind of an experience. Instead it's all bout graphics and pausing & texting every 5 seconds. Today's games don't bring you back. I can't wait to get my PS1 and NES.

Are you blind?

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Jan 20th, '14, 05:47

retardation is a mother...
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 20th, '14, 06:28

I seriously feel bad for the younger generation kids who will never experience arcades, cd stores. They'll never go outside & play with real friends.
Last edited by Hopsinshadie on Jan 20th, '14, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Jan 20th, '14, 06:30

What's an arcade?
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 20th, '14, 06:34

Anyone who thinks the article is bullshit is just jealous of the old gaming era
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » Jan 20th, '14, 07:05

Hopsinshadie wrote:I seriously feel bad for the younger generation kids who will never experience arcades, cd stores. They'll never go outside & play with real friends.

You do realize that the point of video games is so you don't have to go outside and play with real friends.

Jealous of what? You have provided absolutely no facts to back up your argument, just "retro games gud".

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 20th, '14, 07:22

Snake897 wrote:
Hopsinshadie wrote:I seriously feel bad for the younger generation kids who will never experience arcades, cd stores. They'll never go outside & play with real friends.

You do realize that the point of video games is so you don't have to go outside and play with real friends.

Jealous of what? You have provided absolutely no facts to back up your argument, just "retro games gud".

but nothing beats going to the arcade and having a special spot to go to
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » Jan 20th, '14, 07:27

Hopsinshadie wrote:
Snake897 wrote:

Arcades went out of style for a reason. Having to pay money every time I want to play a simple game involving extensive button-mashing isn't exactly as good as pulling out your phone whenever you feel like it and playing fucking Brothers in Arms.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jan 20th, '14, 07:31

still don't beat arcade, phones lol. That's how much of pussies we are these days

True gamers are retro gamers that go to retro arcades

take a look at the music of this video and ask yourself. Does today's video game music truly bring you back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5zO6oAZsVQ#t=114

PS2 was the last great system and ps1 was the last classic. NES and sega rule. I have decided to give the new games an EFFF YOU. (even though I never and will play them.) Found out about a new retro arcade. It's all about the 80's, 90's, and early 2000 PS1 games. F the rest. PS2 was acceptable though. PS3 and X Box ruined gaming.

gameplay > graphics. Now the graphics are hardly distinguishable to reality. So with said, the older systems had more interesting graphics.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Jan 20th, '14, 13:10

Hopsinshadie wrote:
Snake897 wrote:

Just stop, you sound like a faggot. You're only like 25 or 26, stop acting like you've "been around" lol you haven't at all apparently since you're still hung up on your junkie ex.

Also "true gamers are retro gamers who go to arcades" are you fucking serious? What makes a gamer any more of a gamer for going to an arcade? You do realize that "true gamers" are the outcasts of society and they don't do shit like go out with friends, typically. You said you're deciding to give new games a fuck you even though you never have played them and never will...you close-minded fuck, YOU are the fake gamer for not even trying games. Troll troll troll trollino.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mdemaz » Jan 20th, '14, 14:35

Does anyone remember this gem?
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Snakebeast » Jan 20th, '14, 14:36

Hopsinshadie wrote:still don't beat arcade, phones lol. That's how much of pussies we are these days

True gamers are retro gamers that go to retro arcades

take a look at the music of this video and ask yourself. Does today's video game music truly bring you back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5zO6oAZsVQ#t=114

PS2 was the last great system and ps1 was the last classic. NES and sega rule. I have decided to give the new games an EFFF YOU. (even though I never and will play them.) Found out about a new retro arcade. It's all about the 80's, 90's, and early 2000 PS1 games. F the rest. PS2 was acceptable though. PS3 and X Box ruined gaming.

gameplay > graphics. Now the graphics are hardly distinguishable to reality. So with said, the older systems had more interesting graphics.

Gameplay > graphics. Indeed. But no old-school game comes close to Bioshock Infinite. The closest they got was System Shock 2, which was the clunkiest piece of shit.

You're an idiot :laughing:

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Spot