The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

SWTOR Question

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

SWTOR Question

Postby KaZer » Dec 24th, '13, 18:13

I am thinking of downloading free-to-play Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I want to know if its safe to download, should I get the game or get the one for free?
I have a Mac, My girl thinks it will mess up or slow down the computer which I hope it doesn't.

Is it worth to download SWTOR? I am a huge star war fan, I have the force Unleashed 1 and 2 for 360 and I enjoy it, could've improve a little better but whatever.

Thanks, I'll check back before I decided.

#JMT&AotP #TRmetal
KaZer
Soldier
Soldier

Re: SWTOR Question

Postby Kill You » Dec 24th, '13, 20:41

If you are a big fan, then yes, download/buy it. It is pretty great, deep storyline. It's on my computer right now, only I haven't logged in in forever because I was stuck at this one point that I couldn't beat.

But imo yes this is a very great game. I am a huge SW fan myself and I was not disappointed one bit in it. Except of course the difficulty I experienced lol but that was my own fault.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby KaZer » Dec 24th, '13, 21:09

Thanks, I saw a few trailers from the game and its pretty cool to watch.

#JMT&AotP #TRmetal
KaZer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hadez » Dec 28th, '13, 04:29

Last I remember, SWTOR isn't available for MAC. However, if it is available for it, it is 100% safe. I have never downloaded a game the official way (i.e. not stolen) and had it destroy my computer.

In regards to the game itself, it's a lot of fun. I played it off and on for about two years. I kept switching between that and WoW every time I felt like I needed something fresh. Cosmetically they're nothing alike so it was refreshing to switch between them from time to time.

Paying for a sub depends on what you want out of the game. If you just want the story, then don't sub. If you plan on doing group content at end game, definitely sub. I subbed every time I switched back to it and it was worth every penny.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to Gaming Spot