The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Mass effect question

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Mass effect question

Postby KaZer » Jan 3rd, '14, 05:47

I want to know which DLC I should get into for Mass Effect Trilogy?

#JMT&AotP #TRmetal
KaZer
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Mass effect question

Postby Kill You » Jan 3rd, '14, 10:37

All of them because they are worth it tbh.

One of the GOAT game trilogies ever.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Hadez » Jan 4th, '14, 02:01

Kill You wrote:All of them because they are worth it tbh.

Really? I haven't played any of the DLC's for it because I heard they're all pretty underwhelming and short considering what you pay for them. Are they good for real?

It's funny that OP made this post, though, because I just bought the trilogy box today so I can play it again. Loved the first two, never played the 3rd for whatever reason.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Kill You » Jan 4th, '14, 12:48

Hadez wrote:

Really? I haven't played any of the DLC's for it because I heard they're all pretty underwhelming and short considering what you pay for them. Are they good for real?

It's funny that OP made this post, though, because I just bought the trilogy box today so I can play it again. Loved the first two, never played the 3rd for whatever reason.

Well, they are good, but I would agree that they are underwhelming considering what you pay for them lol. But they do add to the story so much.

Play the 3rd, it's amazing. Ignore what people say about the ending, form your own opinion.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby KaZer » Jan 5th, '14, 03:15

I wish they had a season pass for the game, its like paying 50-70 bucks for dlc… Im like damn

#JMT&AotP #TRmetal
KaZer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hadez » Jan 5th, '14, 04:09

Kill You wrote:
Hadez wrote:

Well, they are good, but I would agree that they are underwhelming considering what you pay for them lol. But they do add to the story so much.

Play the 3rd, it's amazing. Ignore what people say about the ending, form your own opinion.

sweet, that's good to hear. Can't wait to get to the third one in my Mass Effect marathon.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Jan 6th, '14, 06:16

Hadez wrote:
Kill You wrote:
Hadez wrote:Really? I haven't played any of the DLC's for it because I heard they're all pretty underwhelming and short considering what you pay for them. Are they good for real?

sweet, that's good to hear. Can't wait to get to the third one in my Mass Effect marathon.

I also got the trilogy pack, and fair bit of warning about the third: go into it with an open mind. It's not horrible like people are saying, but that ending....You definitely HAVE to get the ending DLC (which is free) before playing ME3. Still not perfect, but leagues better. Also, you are unable to holster your weapon in-game, which doesn't matter as much since every level (that involves shooting) is INCREDIBLY linear, with one set path for you to go on. It's also fairly easy. Being a vanguard, I basically breezed through the entire game using a combination of charge + nova.

In conclusion, it is fairly enjoyable, but prepare for a disappointment.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Kill You » Jan 6th, '14, 14:38

2 is still the best but 3 is not bad by any means lol. I actually really like ME3's ending because that's the only ending that seemed right and realistic to me. :kanyeshrug:

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Flamez » Jan 6th, '14, 22:52

Mass Effect is awesome you should get all DLC's I still haven't played ME3 I need to play that sometime.
Flamez
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Hadez » Jan 7th, '14, 03:59

Kill You wrote:2 is still the best but 3 is not bad by any means lol. I actually really like ME3's ending because that's the only ending that seemed right and realistic to me. :kanyeshrug:

Do you agree that I should download the DLC ending?
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Kill You » Jan 7th, '14, 11:23

Hadez wrote:
Kill You wrote:2 is still the best but 3 is not bad by any means lol. I actually really like ME3's ending because that's the only ending that seemed right and realistic to me. :kanyeshrug:

I honestly never downloaded it lol. I liked the ending, as I said. I heard that it was much of the same except it's a little different.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Snakebeast » Jan 9th, '14, 03:44

Hadez wrote:

GET IT. The original ending is shit. None of the previous decisions you make are taken into account, and you're just given three choices. Stupid as fuck.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Hadez » Jan 9th, '14, 05:39

Snake897 wrote:
Hadez wrote:

GET IT. The original ending is shit. None of the previous decisions you make are taken into account, and you're just given three choices. Stupid as fuck.

WTF? The whole point of the games was that your decisions mattered. That settles it then, getting the DLC ending. Sorry kill haha.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Kill You » Jan 9th, '14, 20:39

Your decisions shape your journey and how people react to you. But the end is the same, yes.

I thought the DLC ending was completely shit compared to the actual ending. It leaves you hanging and not in the good way, in a "wtf?" kind of way. At least the original ending had true closure and actually make you out to be a true hero. The DLC ending is selfish, dumb, and pointless because in the end guess what...it still ends with

Spoilers below

Shepard dying lol. It's just then he didn't have to make a choice of how to end it. It wasn't very well done and does the story FAR more injustice than it should. I never downloaded that bullshit, I watched the ending on YT and thought "wow glad I didn't have to pay for this or anything." Lol the alternate ending is truly terrible, the original is so much better. And it's the ONLY ending that makes any sense and brings any sort of closure to the character and story.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Sam. » Jan 9th, '14, 20:45

I have the Levithian DLC. Pretty dope so far.

Shepard dying was stupidly portrayed. Nothing logical was salvaged out of that.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Next

Return to Gaming Spot