The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Killzone on PS4 vs Halo Series

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Killzone on PS4 vs Halo Series

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 6th, '14, 13:17

I'm very new to games. I mean I used to play back in the day, but now I'm working my way back into it. So now what I do is I go to youtube and I search for games to look at. I was mesmerized by the graphics on Killzone for PS4. But Halo looks sick too. Which one do you prefer and are they similar 1st person shooters? Also, are these games in any way like Zelda in the sense as not being able to know where to go? How much of it is smarts and how much of it is just coordination? Now I KNOW Kill You is going to roll with Halo because it's an Xbone ''exclusive.'' He's a faithful X box fanboy. I respect him for that though. You want different opinions and tastes.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Killzone on PS4 vs Halo Series

Postby Steve Spag » Feb 6th, '14, 13:50

I was going to try to stay away from your posts but I thought I'd share my 2 cents here because I have a lot of knowledge in this area.

I've been playing the Halo franchise since the first game for the O.G. Xbox and I loved it. Even the latest game done by 343 was pretty awesome (although not a biggest fan of the MP). After switching back to Sony for the PS4 I decided to give Killzone a try because it's a series I've been looking forward to playing for a very, very long time. I was not disappointed. The MP gameplay reminds me of Halo, but way better as you actually have to be skillful to do good in Killzone. The graphics are outstanding, the single player is pretty decent, and the multiplayer modes are tons of fun.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » Feb 6th, '14, 13:53

Halo all day everyday, this isn't even a debate dude. Killzone's story fucking sucks dick. Pretty graphics don't mean shit if the game itself is boring and uninteresting. Imo, at least, the Killzone series is boring. I tried them all on PS3 and actually hated them, traded them back in a week later.

It's Halo dude. Anyone who isn't biased towards Sony will say the same. It's the obvious answer. That's not my bias for Microsoft talking either that's just the truth of the matter. If you had pit a better series up against Halo then I may have went that series, but you didn't, you picked LOLzone. And lol at you using the term "Xbone" as if you know what the fuck you're talking about. :facepalm
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 6th, '14, 14:04

Well Steve seems to like Killzone, Kill You.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Steve Spag » Feb 6th, '14, 14:12

Hopsinshadie wrote:Well Steve seems to like Killzone, Kill You.

Yes, and I'm not biased towards PS4 because I do see the benefits of the Xbone. Like I said, I played every Halo game extensively so I know what I'm talking about. Maybe I like Killzone more because it's fresh to me, but holy shit is that new game kick-ass. If you're not having fun you probably don't know how to play it because there is a learning curve that you have to get used to. I thought the new story was pretty decent being the first storyline I've played from the franchise. Have you played Shadow Fall, Kill You?
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » Feb 6th, '14, 14:15

Well Steve has also stopped liking Microsoft in general and has been playing a Sony system since it came out, Hopsinshadie. And he just said he loved the Halo series while he was playing it so lol.

Killzone's story fucking sucks ass. Idk about the new one but the previous 3 did not interest me in the least bit. Poor attempt at a "Halo-like" franchise and they fail in every aspect.

@Steve: No I haven't and I don't plan on it unless I get a PS4 and it's really really good but I doubt it's any different from the others. Maybe slightly better story but that won't spark my interest. I'd rather play a new Halo.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 6th, '14, 14:17

Kill You wrote:

Well Steve has also stopped liking Microsoft in general and has been playing a Sony system since it came out, Hopsinshadie. And he just said he loved the Halo series while he was playing it so lol.

Like me. I want to turn my back on Mcrosoft because I miss Sony. Everyone is doing it, they must have a reason. What's the reason Kill You? Why all the positive ps4 reviews?
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Steve Spag » Feb 6th, '14, 14:50

Halo 4 storyline is great, but I can't enjoy the multiplayer for it. It's just...I don't know the right word...but it's not what it used to be.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 6th, '14, 14:54

I trust you on this Steve. Seems like u know this topic.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 6th, '14, 15:45

Stay Wide Awake would I regret selling the 360 if I ever wanted to try Halo? What's your 2 cents... I really need to get ps4.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 6th, '14, 16:29

Miller wrote:
Hopsinshadie wrote:Stay Wide Awake would I regret selling the 360 if I ever wanted to try Halo? What's your 2 cents... I really need to get ps4.

Only sell your 360 if you have to to get a PS4. The Halo series is amazing but only if you have friends who'll play it with you in multiplayer. The single player campaigns are good too but I doubt you'll wanna play them more than once. Not worth not getting a PS4 for.

So if you dont have to sell your 360 to get a PS4, give the Halo games a try. If you do need to sell it, then sell it.

And Killzone Shadow Fall is an amazing game. Single player is just good but the multiplayer is phenomenal.

Makes sense. I guess I can always get a 360 later down the road when there even cheaper if I must. But for now, I really do need a PS4. The 360 won't cover it all, but it's a start. I really want Kill Zone, Trine 2, Retro gun, NBA 2k13 and MLB the Show when it comes out. I need the PS4 along with the retro games I'm collecting. I'm new to gaming but am so excited get the ps4. I mean I used to play games all the time, but it's been so many years. I'm obsessed with games now.
Last edited by Hopsinshadie on Feb 6th, '14, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 6th, '14, 16:36

Charlotte wrote:Wait... Weren't you the same person who HATED new games with a passion and new consoles and you were all about "old school gaming" . what's up with this PS4 crap now

Yes you are right. I guess you can say I finally ''gave in'' to it lol. I was against spending the money and made excuses. Charlotte, for the record I still love old games but u must remember, I have not played games in nearly a decade, or at least consistently for that matter. Just a couple of sports games on the x box and a few games my buddy got me here and there. You are right I opposed the ps4. What made me give in? Just the hype and looking at more and more games on youtube. I realized that Retrogun and Trine 2 were my type of games, plus Killzone looks cool, as well as Infamous 2nd son and many others. I want to play a bit of everything. Some old games, some modern games. I think that the PS4 will be better than the 360 or PS3. I was always big on PS2 and PS1. I have a great feeling about PS4. The graphics blow me away each time I look at it on youtube.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 6th, '14, 16:57

StayWideAwake wrote:
Hopsinshadie wrote:Stay Wide Awake would I regret selling the 360 if I ever wanted to try Halo? What's your 2 cents... I really need to get ps4.

If you have a 360 and just want to check Halo out you could get Reach for like 10 bucks at this point. If you like the gameplay/game style, then you can spend a little more money to get Halo 4 and/or whatever comes out in a few years or so on the One if you're that hooked. But for the sake of seeing of you like the game 10 bucks isn't bad, and if you really don't want to spend money Halo 3 is like 5 bucks at this point. You could just try it out before you sell it.

Does the store sell it or gotta go online
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 6th, '14, 17:12

I don't think I can sell the 360 for that much, maybe a hundred bucks. Might not be worth it to sell than regret it later. When does the ps4 drop in price? And will there be new models like there were for ps3?
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Im-Shady » Feb 6th, '14, 17:54

Halo >>>>>

I was massive Halo fan but I have not played halo 4 yet. I think I grew out of it or maybe it was because CoD Zombies had taken over my life at that point lol still don't really have any intentions to play h4 am I missing out should I give it a go
Been Listening to Slim since you thought Eminem was Candy BITCH
Im-Shady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Gaming Spot