The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Slot Machine (dev)

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Slot Machine (dev)

Postby supergoo13 » Feb 21st, '14, 15:40

Hi Guys,

I made this last year, then gave up. Pitty, due to feature creep, or more feature wonder. 90 percent of a game takes 10 percent of the time, etc. The clock is slowed down, the game goes into light speed mode, higher pays, where the clock catches back up with the windows clock. Higher pays were not sufficient, one day I need all reels to just spin when spin is pressed randomly, and to add a galaga game into the middle of it. Ed from the paris community thought it was more like a musical juke box, I reminded him it was a powerful action script 2 class based program.

Since I added the handle, there is a bug, and since I converted it to event based, to no extent of trying, if u press spin continuously it very occasionally leaves reels spinning. I got to the point like most things in my life, I don't care. It needs a 15 second clip of Pitbull and of course the new rising star Nicki, to help here along her way. Possibly me doing rap god, and complete, as soon as I learn my professor slot math book.

I do wonder if im allowed to post this here, its only been posed a year ago on paris community's forum, and at this stage, or since I read the newgrounds copyright page recently, probably wont make it there either.

Enjoy the Craig Fergerson, David Letterman and Rove features, once finished it needs the Ali G grand jackpot feature as your rank increases extra channels unlock. Perhaps if people like it I might finish it, not worth my time otherwise. Music videos include Paris, Eminem, Britney, Dr Dre, Rihanna and 50Cent so far.

(10 Mb, needs to be compacted to 5Mb)

http://www.gooism.com/swf/SlotMachine2.html

Feel free to leave any ideas for future feature expansions.

Goo
supergoo13
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Slot Machine (dev)

Postby TonyTilt » Feb 21st, '14, 17:28

This is pretty sweet man, what did you use to make it?!
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby supergoo13 » Feb 21st, '14, 19:23

Just flash as2. About 100 pages of code using objects. Got it to about 50 classes for a 2nd 100 pages. Then decided to go a MVC (3 x 50 classes) design pattern with a UML control system. And well, maybe one day I will finish it. Not that hard, I hate how in flash to lock the program from users, needs complex stuff like clear all listeners and objects on rewind, even with no menu, u might download it. Nowadays I use a stageMC, and life is simple.
supergoo13
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby TonyTilt » Feb 21st, '14, 19:37

See what you explained is the EXACT reason I got out of programming....
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Return to Gaming Spot