The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Infamous: Second Son

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Re: Infamous: Second Son Gameplay

Postby yoda you can call me » Mar 14th, '14, 17:02

Looks great... I need a PS4 asap mang. all donations are welcome :D
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Flamez » Mar 14th, '14, 17:08

The game looks pretty cool. I just need a PS4 haha
Flamez
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Evil Twin » Mar 15th, '14, 21:20

Miller wrote:Cant wait for this game. Pre-ordered it digitally (first time ever doing that) and now I'm just very impatiently waiting for Friday. 6 days. Gonna be the best current gen game so far for sure. (at least for the single player folks)

Some people have got their copies already. Seen people posting on twitter their copies and people are uploading their gameplays onto youtube.

We're gonna rock this house until we knock it down
So turn the volume loud, cause it's mayhem 'til the a.m.
So baby make just like K-Fed and let yourself go, let yourself go
Say fuck it before we kick the bucket
Life's too short to not go for broke

Go Berzerk!
Evil Twin
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Mar 17th, '14, 12:14

Interesting :-k
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Infamous: Second Son

Postby Snakebeast » Mar 21st, '14, 04:35

PSU shouldn't count. It's obvious from their review of Infamous that they're biased as FUCK.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Snakebeast » Mar 21st, '14, 09:31

Whew fam just started infamous second son. I'll tell you guys how it goes.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Snakebeast » Mar 21st, '14, 19:59

So I've started playing. I have both the neon and the smoke powers and I'm on the second island (Lantern District). I've also finished the free DLC Cole's Legacy (kind of disappointing, but I shouldn't have expected much from a free DLC).

So far, not what I expected, but in a good way. I had fears that the multiple conduit powers was just a gimmick (based on what I saw from gameplay videos) but neon and smoke are drastically different. The voice acting is spot on and the story so far is pretty good, but parts of it feel INCREDIBLY rushed (Fetch's story had a supersonic pace for some reason). All in all, a pretty good game. Addictive as fuck, too.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Snakebeast » Mar 21st, '14, 22:14

So now I'm in what appears to be the final hell level of Devil May Cry fighting a flying devil knight made of blue angels that fires laser beams. This is fucking awesome.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Snakebeast » Mar 23rd, '14, 20:22

Finished the story and liberated most of the city (in summary, about 85% of the game done).

Story is great, but way too short. They should've fleshed out Eugene and Fetch more, but I absolutely loved both Delsin and Reggie. The two have fantastic chemistry, and are perfectly believable as brothers. I went for a "good karma" run first so I'll go through the evil one and see how it compares.

Graphics are fucking beautiful, but they're not just there for show. They're used to create ambience and show just how awesome powers can be. Speaking of powers, you get four types of abilities:

Smoke: Fire and smoke abilities. Powerful as fuck and explosive projectiles, has a really nice dash move that can be used for anything from running away to regenerate your health (playing on normal, you really need to do this sometimes. The enemies do not fuck around.) to flashing between enemies as you melee. What I really like about the dash move is that since you essentially turn into a wisp of smoke, you can phase through objects like fences. The bomb attack disorients soldiers, allowing you to quickly knock them out or kill them, depending on your karma.
The rocket attack acts pretty much the same as the megawatt hammer did in previous games. Good for taking out clusters of enemies or fast enemies that you simply can't be bothered to aim at.

Neon: Flashy laser type abilities. The chain used for melee turns into a sword, and I found it a tiny bit more efficient. The explosions resulting from attacks aren't quite as widespread and the projectile attacks in general are much slower, but are also more powerful and much more precise, making it perfect for sniping. The dash move is fantastic for moving around. One of the first upgrades I recommend you get if you can is the upgrade for the dash that lets you use the dash infinitely. Makes getting around the city fun as FUCK. The bomb attack throws enemies into stasis for you to blast them out of the air. When you zoom in for the normal attack, you can either aim at the enemies' heads for evil karma (obliterate) or aim at their legs to restrain them. Like I said before, the projectile attacks are slower but more precise, and one should note that the missile attack, while powerful, requires more precise aiming and about a second of load time.

Video: I'm not sure what the fuck to class this as, but it's fucking awesome. The chain used for melee turns into a giant two handed sword that's slower but much more powerful than smoke and neon melee. The normal attack (r1) is basically a machine gun that fires in bursts, which is incredibly useful for taking out enemies quickly. The bomb attack is replaced by this weird ability that makes you temporarily invisible, putting a fake doppleganger (or, if you get the upgrade, a laser firing cyber angel) in your place. Useful when trying to gain karma to use the karma bomb or if you're running low on health and need to take out enemies without risk of dying. The dash move is a strange combination of Neon and Smoke. You basically get blue or red wings and you can glide quickly. It's hard to explain, but you'll understand when you get to the part. The rocket attack fires a green blast that hits the target and acts as a homing device for about 3 giant sword shaped missiles to launch at. Fantastic for taking out vehicles or particularly powerful enemies.

Concrete: The last ability you get, and probably the most disappointing. Your normal attack is a burst of concrete bullets which doesn't last as long as the video type does but slightly more powerful. The rocket attack is pretty much like the scythe blast from the second infamous game. The dash covers you in concrete armor and makes you run forward, bashing things out of the way, but it doesn't really protect you from anything, and the other dashes are better because with smoke you can go up vents and dash through certain objects, neon can run up walls and basically turn you into the Flash, and video can practically make you fly for a limited time. The bomb attack is replaced by a stupid fucking launch move that shoots you about 10 feet in the air. Overall, I feel like Sucker Punch just rushed this. They definitely cannot say that they ran out of ideas because all of the army enemies have concrete powers and those are awesome.

Each type of ability has a karma bomb....except for concrete (See what I said about rushing it?) which is basically the "fuck you" final attack that obliterates everything in the immediate area.

Note: You can only use one type of ability at once. To keep the game challenging (I actually found this mechanic fantastic) the only way to switch to another type of ability is to find a place to absorb another type of ability. These show up on the map. Smoke coming from chimneys can be seen as an orange dot, a neon sign is seen as a purple dot, TV screens show up as blue dots, and defeated DUP troopers show up as white dots. However, my problem with this is that once you free the city from the army DUP troopers, they no longer show up, meaning you have no access to concrete powers. Once again, more evidence that they just fucking rushed with that power.

Enemy types vary, and the boss fights....man, the fucking boss fights. They're AWESOME, and legitimately difficult, which was a pleasant surprise, especially the fight with the flying laser knight and the final battle with the supersized concrete spider.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Snakebeast » Mar 25th, '14, 02:27

Dude there'll be new content coming up soon, plus the paper trail stuff already coming out. Do the paper trail missions. They're awesome. The best part isn't on console, though, but on the website. The detective stuff is really interesting and actually fun.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby gutawafang » Mar 25th, '14, 04:35

Miller wrote:I'm LOVING this so far. I'm at the same spot Snake is. I'm worried it's gonna be way too short though. Might be an easier platinum than Infamous 2.

Dammit. I'm feeling so fucking left out here. I really need a PS4!!!! :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby gutawafang » Mar 28th, '14, 02:54

Miller wrote:Rolly got dat PS4??? AWWWW shit!!

Last of Us is one of the reasons I haven't bought PS4 also. I've played it and completed it 7 times. I've platinum trophied it. Bought the DLC. Best game ever.

Last of Us > any game
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Mr Change » Apr 4th, '14, 01:01

Gonna attempt to platinum this game. Finished as a hero, now cleaning up misc trophies and collectibles before a final playthrough as a villain on expert difficulty :smoking:
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Apr 4th, '14, 05:04

Miller wrote:You guys gotta check out the Paper Trail dlc. It's soooo cool. It combines in game play with some detective work online in a 5 part weekly series. People are also speculating that it's gonna end with Delsin getting a paper power.

Yeah man. What part are you on? I just finished the first part of section 2, waiting till the weekend to do the console part.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Snakebeast » Apr 4th, '14, 05:07

Miller wrote:
Snakebeast wrote:
Miller wrote:You guys gotta check out the Paper Trail dlc. It's soooo cool. It combines in game play with some detective work online in a 5 part weekly series. People are also speculating that it's gonna end with Delsin getting a paper power.

Yeah man. What part are you on? I just finished the first part of section 2, waiting till the weekend to do the console part.

Finished part 2 yesterday and I'm waiting for part 3 to come out tomorrow.

What the fuck how do you do that shit so fast

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Next

Return to Gaming Spot