The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Breaking Bad Series Talk

Discuss other aspects to music here along with TV and Movies.

Re: Break Bad Season 5 talk (COMING BACK AUGUST 11)

Postby Spyder » Jul 15th, '13, 06:32

What the show builds every season man. I only watch the first two seasons to build up to three four and five. Five hasn't been as tragic for Walt, but its'really showing him in his Heisenberg character. Show hasn't fallen a bit, and should never be compared to tarantino's utter shit.

Also the creator said at first he knew Walt had to die, then said he's fallen in love with the character and doesn't know, but he's a fan of justice. The actor said it doesn't end happy for his character. So it would seem hank catches Walt and serves life in prison. Justice, and Walt paying.

Not convinced he will die anymore, though I wouldn't be surprised, and really thats how I want it
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby dead prez » Jul 15th, '13, 06:49

I wasn't talking about buildup but what I mean is that a lot of scenes seem to be sporadic and out of the blue, with not much planning ahead other than the writers thought it makes sense or would be the right thing for the plot i.e. (S2 finale was completely left field and there was no basis for that) and as a whole it didn't feel as tightly bound btw I don't have a problem with spontaneity, but it's when it seems like the writers make shit up as they go along and it affect characters and the overall story.

And S5 was alright, didn't care for it that much. I really wish they went more in depth with Heisenberg at the top as a kingpin rather than just flashing it foward, we barely got a glimpse of it before they made him hang his coat up and have Hank find out the truth.

What's wrong with Tarantino Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs are great movies, and I wasn't comparing BB to Tarantino's movies quality wise. I was comparing how much of a similar vibe they both give off.

-I mean come on the whole stylish criminal and cartoonish western vibe with over the top violence.
-The entire character of the cousins
-The entire character of Tuco lol
-Chasing a half dead dude across the street
-Oh yeah how could I forget the fucking melting of the drug dealer's body in the bathtub which eroded Jesse's bathtub, is as big as a homage to pulp fiction as you can get. LOL, Also one of the show's best moments and when it was able to mix dark comedy with seriousness.

Also the idea of Walt going to jail would be utterly awful and would ruin the series for me if that's his comeuppance.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Epidemik » Jul 15th, '13, 10:49

dead prez wrote:I wasn't talking about buildup but what I mean is that a lot of scenes seem to be sporadic and out of the blue, with not much planning ahead other than the writers thought it makes sense or would be the right thing for the plot i.e. (S2 finale was completely left field and there was no basis for that) and as a whole it didn't feel as tightly bound btw I don't have a problem with spontaneity, but it's when it seems like the writers make shit up as they go along and it affect characters and the overall story.

Season 2 was definitely anything but spontanious.. while ill agree it was a bit far fetched (the plane just happpened to crash over walts house..) but the writers knew how the season would end from the very beginning episode of season 2... (debris in the pool)
there are loads of foreshadowing in the entire show.. you just have to be sharp enough to pick it up..

foreshadowing Janes death..
-Jesse was making her breakfast in bed and she walked in, Jesse said, “You weren’t supposed to wake up,” and Jane responded, “Ever?”
-In the same episode where Jane dies, Walt and Marie are taking care of Holly in her crib, and Walt puts Holly on her side, "just in case she decides to do a little spit up"
-Jesse said something cheesy to Jane, and she said “I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.”

another whicked example of good writing and foreshadowing
In episode 4-12 "End Times", Walt sits out back behind his house and spins a revolver 3 times. 1st two times it points to him only but the third time it does point to a plant(which we later come to know as Lily of the Valley which Walt used to poison Brock).

They also foreshadowed Ted's neck injury in the epsisode crawl space, he goes to answer the door for Skylar and nearly trips on the rug, which is ultimately what nearly kills him later.

I guess what im getting at is that the show's writing is fantastic, and i disagree with your spontaneity remark..

and i wouldnt be so sure that walt isnt going to die... with all the foreshadowing of death, i wouldnt be surprised
A possible foreshadowing in Season 5 Episode 3 (Hazard Pay), when Walt and Jr. are watching Scarface, and Walter murmurs "Everyone dies in this movie..."
And we know that Vince Gilligan has consistently said that Walter White's journey is the story of Mr. Chips turning into Scarface.

http://www.quora.com/Breaking-Bad-TV-se ... aking-Bad#
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby Chet Starr » Jul 15th, '13, 11:43

So Epidemik, when do you think Walt starting breaking bad? As in, when did he go from a good person to this sick monster he has become.

I've heard people talk about he has been bad since the first episode, deciding to cook & everything. & others mentioning the whole thing with Jane's death.

I'm just interesting in what you think. & i thank you everytime, but thank you for showing me the first season. I remember those old days, watching the first season & just being amazed. Then with the writers strike cutting it short, and there was no talk at all if the show would be renewed. The writers strike almost killed so a beautiful and amazing show.

One complain, they don't display the effects of Meth very well. Jesse never acts like a normal person does on Meth. I really noticed this after I got clean & sober from the shit.
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Chet Starr » Jul 15th, '13, 12:06

bigray wrote:Getting closer to August! Can't wait.

So close, I'm sure I'm going to come close to a heart attack every episode.

I remember when Todd shot that kid on the dirt bike, I was on the start of an shroom trip, & that scene was so intense to me

Whited out the spoilers, just incase
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Epidemik » Jul 15th, '13, 12:39

Chet Starr wrote:So Epidemik, when do you think Walt starting breaking bad? As in, when did he go from a good person to this sick monster he has become.

I've heard people talk about he has been bad since the first episode, deciding to cook & everything. & others mentioning the whole thing with Jane's death.

I'm just interesting in what you think. & i thank you everytime, but thank you for showing me the first season. I remember those old days, watching the first season & just being amazed. Then with the writers strike cutting it short, and there was no talk at all if the show would be renewed. The writers strike almost killed so a beautiful and amazing show.

One complain, they don't display the effects of Meth very well. Jesse never acts like a normal person does on Meth. I really noticed this after I got clean & sober from the shit.

Haha no problem man. Im just glad the show picked up momentum.. when it first came out, everyone I would ask about the show, had never heard of it so I was trying to promote it haha. Glad you liked it from the start though.

Hahaha yeah I love hearing peoples opinions on when Walt broke bad..
Maybe im a sick individual, but i still find myself rooting for Walt at every turn.. although I wont disagree he's definitely become a monster..
I could even get over the fact that he let Jane die.. i didn't like her much, but I'd have to say it's when he decided to poison Brock for his own personal gain (winning Jesse's trust back and turning him against Gus) Anyone who poisons a kid to save his own skin is just a monster... but like i said.. im still rooting for him, even though i think he'll die in the end.

How about you? What was the defining moment in your opinion?

and glad to hear you got sober.. i cant honestly speak on the accuracy of the meth use in BrBa. Ive done my fair share of drugs but I've never touched meth crack or heroine so i have no idea..
I heard that the heroine use was quite accurate (the process anyway). They actually had an ex-addict show them the whole process of shooting up. pretty cool that they go to that length to make it accurate.
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby Chet Starr » Jul 15th, '13, 12:44

I'll totally agree, it's when he poisoned the kid. Letting Jane died had it's positives (Jane would of lead to Jesse's death for sure) so I agree about the Jane thing.

I think when he really went back was when he found out he didn't have cancer anymore. It was no longer about leaving his family with a nest egg, at that point Walt was just after the tons of money. He is so bitter and anger that his old partners cut him out of their business.

Or how he handed Jesse the gun & told him to take care of those 2 crazy meth heads. That's a good point of when he went bad
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Epidemik » Jul 15th, '13, 12:55

Chet Starr wrote:I'll totally agree, it's when he poisoned the kid. Letting Jane died had it's positives (Jane would of lead to Jesse's death for sure) so I agree about the Jane thing.

I think when he really went back was when he found out he didn't have cancer anymore. It was no longer about leaving his family with a nest egg, at that point Walt was just after the tons of money. He is so bitter and anger that his old partners cut him out of their business.

Or how he handed Jesse the gun & told him to take care of those 2 crazy meth heads. That's a good point of when he went bad

I agree.. When it was no longer about his family.. it was his own selfish reasons to remain in the drug business. And you make an amazing point about being bitter and angry at his old partners..
i found this online and it also blew my mind..

Season 1

Season 3

notice the clothes.. lol.. Maybe Walt didn't want out of the business because he didnt want to make the same mistake twice.. With Elliot and Gretchen, he sold them his share of his business early on for almost nothing...and they went on to become billionaires..
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby Solace » Jul 15th, '13, 14:26

Goddamn, I would've never seen their clothing similarity. That's interesting.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Jul 15th, '13, 15:08

WOAH.
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Spyder » Jul 15th, '13, 16:49

Epi you've blown my mind, and its obvious its done on purpose as the writers focused largely on clothes. Which is why I'm curious about why Marie isn't wearing purple in the last episode we've seen...

Bryan Cranston said Walt broke bad when he made the decision to cook. I honestly think he was still a good person when he let Jane die, but for me that's when it started. He didn't know they planned to sober up, but he let her die for his selfishness of keeping Jesse as a partner. I even think that worse than poisoning Brock, he probably knew the doctor would find the cause and didn't give him a lethal dose. I still root for him, but for me just the way he manipulates Jesse into staying, such as threatening him with how victor got killed. Then killing mike etc.

As to the accuracy of the meth I don't know personally. But I know they were taught by real dea agents the steps, and they always show the steps out of order because they're at least close to the real steps. Also Bryan cranston was asked if he ever made it, and he wouldn't answer lol
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Ubb » Jul 15th, '13, 21:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRUMoZnN1o

For ya'll mofos. This is amazing.

I suck at explaining things, but did you guys know that originally the planned to make Jane's death more brutal than it was? Walt was supposed to walk into the room, see Jane laying on her side, puking, and Walt would roll her over on her back, and let her choke on her own vomit.
Ubb
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Spyder » Jul 16th, '13, 02:57

thats weird, thats almost more sick than shit he does now lol

the writers strike actually saved the show tbh. thats the only reason Jesse is still on the show. they wanted to kill him if there was an 8th episode in season one
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Epidemik » Jul 16th, '13, 03:08

Spyder wrote:Epi you've blown my mind, and its obvious its done on purpose as the writers focused largely on clothes. Which is why I'm curious about why Marie isn't wearing purple in the last episode we've seen...

Bryan Cranston said Walt broke bad when he made the decision to cook. I honestly think he was still a good person when he let Jane die, but for me that's when it started. He didn't know they planned to sober up, but he let her die for his selfishness of keeping Jesse as a partner. I even think that worse than poisoning Brock, he probably knew the doctor would find the cause and didn't give him a lethal dose. I still root for him, but for me just the way he manipulates Jesse into staying, such as threatening him with how victor got killed. Then killing mike etc.

As to the accuracy of the meth I don't know personally. But I know they were taught by real dea agents the steps, and they always show the steps out of order because they're at least close to the real steps. Also Bryan cranston was asked if he ever made it, and he wouldn't answer lol

Yeah, definitely alot of purple with Marie.. just shows how much time is put into the writing and production of this show.. it simply amazes me.
I'll agree that Walt was still a good person when he dicided to cook meth.. it was all for his family at that point, which any good person who loves their family would do. but he does definitely manipulate Jesse.. Jesse as a character has actually grown on me alot sinse the first season. I like him just as much as WW

Ubb wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRUMoZnN1o

For ya'll mofos. This is amazing.

I suck at explaining things, but did you guys know that originally the planned to make Jane's death more brutal than it was? Walt was supposed to walk into the room, see Jane laying on her side, puking, and Walt would roll her over on her back, and let her choke on her own vomit.

Im stuck at work, but ill for sure check this out later. All this talk is getting me even more hyped for the return lol.
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby Spyder » Jul 16th, '13, 04:54

I'm just waiting for a real trailer, only thing out is hank driving pissed off for two seconds
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment