The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

top horror movies

Discuss other aspects to music here along with TV and Movies.

top horror movies

Postby Spyder » May 3rd, '13, 05:27

Ive done this before, but with new members I'm hoping to get new results. Please list your top 5-10 horror movies, suspense, thriller, what have you and a little excerpt of why.

In no order.
Saw 1-2. Love the twist and plotting. I didn't see a single turn coming. Literally blew my mind at how smart they were, with the RIGHT AMOUNT of gore. The latter movies had a stretched story with nothing but needless gore.

1408. Stephen kings my boy, as well as john Cusack. I like the idea of a man whose non religious having to face something of the afterlife. Cusack played the part amazing.

Dead silence. No one else seems to like this movie. I fuckin hate dolls, so this was actually kinda creepy for me.

Sinister. This is a week one on the list. But I like eathan hawke. Someone so indulged in their writing they move into the crime scene and start seeing shit. They ghost who lives in pictures and makes the kids kill kinda ruined it a bit but, the jumpy scenes with the right amount of sick shit gets it on my list.

Halloween remake 1. I usually hate rob zombie. And he made me re-hate him with the second remake. But one showed Michael myers as a kid, showing how he gets to be a fucked up freak. The right amount of gore, along with story. And finally seeing the baby sister in the originals topless in the remake when she plays the friend... Was nice.

Friday the 13th remake. Just a good remake man. Classic story with better technique.

Haunting in Connecticut. This one was kinda weird with all the eyelids and all that. But Amanda crew is in it and I love her. And it had a good cast with a nice story.
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: top horror movies

Postby viJilance » May 3rd, '13, 09:25

Ugh thank fuck you didn't put shit like 'the ring', 'grudge 2', etc. A lot of those spoiled the genre for me.

saw 1 & 2 were dope (4 was awful) mind was BLOWN at the end of 1! And I watched 2 right after, I had a good experience with part 2 aswell.

Insidious was decent. Kinda creepy, really the only 'horror' movie I've seen in the last 5-10 years that I didn't hate...

Jacob's Ladder My god, I watched this shit on shrooms, holy fuck such a trip. Really good ending too!

Donnie Darko 2edgy4u

Enter the Void I'm really pushing genres here, but you asked for 5-10 lol, REALLY GOOD. One of my favourite of all time. Ps- just silver would LOVE it .

28 Days Later... Phenomenal

28 Weeks Later... Fantastic

28 Months Later... Legendary

Dawn of the Dead Got my first handjob during this one 'nuff said.

30 Days of Night Decent.

Zombieland Meh, I liked it.

The Descent I heard a lot of good about this, you may like it, I thought it was okay.

The Blair Witch Project Never seen it, kinda defined a generation for a bit though.

Underworld Vampires were really cool before twilight.....................

A Serbian Film I fucking DARE you. I DARE YOU.
Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Spyder » May 3rd, '13, 19:47

i was freaked at the ring as a kid but i hate the grudge movies lol.

zombieland is a comedy... the 28 series are nice. but i didnt really find anything about them great.

the descent one and two were great, idk about in my fav. def not scary. but still good ones.

blair witch is like paranormal activity... horrible. imo

insidious had a ton of potential, was great in the beggining. and then had that weird ass song, and the demon thing, and the gas mask and ruined it for me.
glad they are making Sinister 2 and putting off Insidious 2
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Eedee » May 10th, '13, 05:58

The Others.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop