The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Comics and Graphic Novels

Discuss other aspects to music here along with TV and Movies.

Re: Comics and Graphic Novels

Postby dead prez » Jan 12th, '14, 16:26

Nausicsaa is the best graphic novel ever, even watchmen grovels at its feet. But yeah Alan Moore is a god though. Akira and berserk are dope as well.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Jan 12th, '14, 17:12

I own all of the batman/joker graphic novels, amazing stuff.
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby dead prez » Jun 25th, '14, 23:54

Aone10 wrote:Alan Moore is the god.

V for Vendetta, Watchmen, Batman: The Killing Joke, From Hell, A Small Killing.

All GOAT material.

Have you read MiracleMan? It's being reprinted now but there's a website that has all issues available to read for free (even if the print is kinda tiny & hard to read), it's well worth it. It deals with the same themes that watchmen does.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby cement » Jun 25th, '14, 23:55

Marvel comics are fun
NIGGAGANG: takeover 2014.
GANG:
Rollef$en, €anadaPure, Blog$ Mcgoo$h, $atan, €harlotte, Never_€nough, Tru€ Wiz, €xcitaz, D€rdyPK, Th€VipBro, N-R-G, md€maz, €€D€€, $nakebeast (FULL MEMBER), HotDawg, Pudding, Aton€, Mistah €vil, Jo$himura
R.I.P. to my homeboy £I£BuffDa[OG], we done lost you on the streets but you aint forgotten hombre.
SNITCH:
Stanbase
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=170027
#FUCKJABBA
cement
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dead prez » Jun 26th, '14, 00:04

Horse wrote:oh shit that sounds awesome. is it in print? if so, i might have to cop that. have you read Before Watchmen? i've avoided it because it seems kinda blasphemous to the original graphic novel, but i've heard mixed things.

also i'm about to listen to that Sadistik feat. Eyedea track bc i forgot to do that earlier

It's getting reprinted by marvel I believe and Vol 1 is out now in stores and Neil Gaiman is going to return to finish the series, but http://miraclemen.info/comics/miracleman/. The art is a bit outdated and the print is kinda hard to read in the earlier issues (though that's more like a scanlation quality rather than an inherent quality of the comic).

As for before Watchmen the answer is a resounding NO, lol. It's not even that I'm sacredcowing Moore even though he's well above the talent level of any of the hacks milking this series, it's more that Watchmen is a complete story with a definite beginning, middle, and end and making a prequel is just dumb as shit. If they really wanted to make a spin off the could have done something with the minute men or the pirate comic, otherwise I'm not interested. Should be noted that I'd also only read those spin off ideas if done by moore which he planned on actually making when he was on better terms with DC (the minute men prequel anyway).
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dead prez » Jun 26th, '14, 00:17

Especially with Dr Manhattan, how the fuck are gonna you make a prequel with that perfect chapter? Or Rorschach's flashback everything is covered, I mean I can kinda see why people would wanna know what he's been up to in between the Blaire Roche case & the beginning of the plot, but really who cares. Same for Nite Owl and especially Silk Spectre, don't even get me started on Ozy. There's nothing that can be said that hasn't been said and if it's something new it risks fucking up the character and contrasting severely with how their personality.

Btw the main villain in Watchmen (don't wanna spoil it for anyone reading) is seriously one of the GOATS, you really appreciate his meticulousness and how much painstaking detail went into his plan on second reads.

As for miracleman stick with it, it seems kinda cartoony at first (the first 8 or so pages), and Alan Moore is still new and isn't polished as he is in watchmen. Plus that text is a serious pain in the ass to read but it does get better and really works a companion piece to watchmen.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Return to Entertainment