The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Spoiler Alert : My Divergent (2014) Movie Review

Discuss other aspects to music here along with TV and Movies.

Spoiler Alert : My Divergent (2014) Movie Review

Postby gutawafang » Mar 31st, '14, 07:22

I watched Divegent two days ago because Need For Speed tickets were sold out. :( A 2.5hrs movie but it still felt short to me. Shailene Woodley is an unknown isn't she? Or at least, I've never seen her in other films. :unsure: I was impressed with how she progressively became hotter as the movie goes. She initially appeared innocent, like she's so weak and doesn't fit the movie. But over time, she wore tighter clothes lol. She's so cute. Or at least her acting is.

For the story, I find it a little confusing. The intro was way too simple. A war that ended up breaking the entire world into five factions? I thought maybe we need a better intro as to why specifically divide into these five groups.

Furthermore, in my opinion, every single human being in that particular world are Divergents in a way. I mean everyone has different characteristics and traits right? Why is it mandatory to choose a faction and live solely by its values?

Or perhaps, I need to read the book. However, I think that the purpose of a movie is for people who are lazy to read books or have no time to. And if it's no good, means it's no good.

I think the movie is worth watching but probably just once and never again. It's predictable and plot is easily memorized. I give it a 4/10 but because of the mere beautiful appearance of an actress namely Shailene Woodley, I give it 8/10.

Those who watched it, share what you thought of it please. :D
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: Spoiler Alert : My Divergent (2014) Movie Review

Postby ganjakush56 » Apr 1st, '14, 06:57

lead actress aint even fine...this movie fucking sucked, predictable garbage with average to mediocre acting and a disjointed evolution of the storyline. Shit was also poorly executed.

So much missed potential. 3/10 (rating may have been higher if i read the book but oh well, fuck the book)
Dimethyltryptamine ;)

Ego: the pathology of human consciousness
ganjakush56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Entertainment