The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Watch James Gandolfini in trailer for his final film

Discuss other aspects to music here along with TV and Movies.

Watch James Gandolfini in trailer for his final film

Postby yoda you can call me » Apr 2nd, '14, 22:54

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 32836.html

James Gandolfini’s final film The Drop has released its first trailer, showing the late Sopranos actor starring alongside Tom Hardy and Noomi Rapace.

Scroll to watch the video

Directed by the Oscar-nominated Michael R Roskam, the movie has been described as “centred around a lost pit bull, a wannabe scam artist and a killing”.

Gandolfini, who died of a heart attack aged 51 last June, plays a shifty bar owner in the crime thriller, with Hardy in the leading role as his cousin.

Dennis Lehane, author of Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone and Shutter Island, has written the screenplay.

An official synopsis from Fox Searchlight reads: “The Drop follows lonely bartender Bob Saginowski (Hardy) through a covert scheme of funnelling cash to local gangsters – ‘money drops’ – in the underworld of Brooklyn’s bars.

“Under the heavy hand of his employer and cousin Marv (Gandolfini), Bob finds himself at the centre of a robbery gone awry and entwined in an investigation that digs deep into the neighbourhood’s past, where friends, families and foes all work together to make a living, no matter the cost.”

Soon, Bob and Marv's world is falling down around them.

"When I walked into a place, people sat up straight, they noticed," Marv says towards the end of the clip, when the outlook is looking bleak. "I was respected, I was feared, and that meant something."

The Drop is due for release in UK cinemas on 14 November this year.

R.I.P :worship:
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to Entertainment