The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Upcoming Doctor Who Series, episode leaked

Discuss other aspects to music here along with TV and Movies.

Re: Upcoming Doctor Who Series, episode leaked

Postby MistaVijilantee » Nov 3rd, '14, 05:18

I've been really impressed with Flatline & Dark Water.
For the first time in awhile - apart from the 50th anniversary - I'm really looking forward to the finale.
This particular story arc actually seems to be panning out better than a lot of the long winded ones during Matt Smiths seasons.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SG. » Nov 3rd, '14, 05:20

That reveal though - and both actors' faces afterwards.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Snakebeast » Nov 3rd, '14, 21:15

MistaVijilantee wrote:I've been really impressed with Flatline & Dark Water.
For the first time in awhile - apart from the 50th anniversary - I'm really looking forward to the finale.
This particular story arc actually seems to be panning out better than a lot of the long winded ones during Matt Smiths seasons.

I'm still waiting for some kind of explanation for the "Listen" monster, which appears to be a Floof.

But yeah, Moffat's finally mastered the Russell T. Davies style of arc stories, it seems.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SG. » Nov 8th, '14, 19:21

Finale in less than two hours. Everybody hyped?

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby MistaVijilantee » Nov 9th, '14, 01:45

SG. wrote:Finale in less than two hours. Everybody hyped?

Fucking oath.
It's not on till 7:30 tonight here in Australia though, going to have avoid the Internet for spoilers - already stuff coming up on my FB newsfeed.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yung rom » Nov 9th, '14, 02:23

just finished here
Charlotte wrote:Talk about cringe please, check your own posts in ANY thread.
Charlotte wrote:yung rom living up to his sig
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MistaVijilantee » Nov 9th, '14, 10:57

yung rom wrote:just finished here

Really liked it, best finale since David Tennant's.
However I did cringe a bit at the Santa Claus thing for the 'next time' bit...oh well, we'll see.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SG. » Nov 9th, '14, 15:35

In summary: Moffat, you utter bastard, you win.

As for the Santa Claus thing, did you see the actual trailer for the Christmas special? It looks like it's actually going to be quite dark… and then there's Santa.

SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby yung rom » Nov 9th, '14, 16:26

Ehhh, I didn't like it as much as most, although the Santa thing was pretty funny (yet pretty cringy too.) But idk, it just felt like there were a lot of loose ends and moffat tried to justify all the non-clever resolutions to problems by attempting to make you emotionally invested in them so you would forget about the corniness of them. I thought they were gonna make all the un-dead cyberman feel emotion (as opposed to just Danny) and they would refuse to kill anyone and go back to their graves. Sorta like the human race uniting against the master (which, of course, wouldn't be a first). That would've been cool.

There were some good parts though; I loved the "tactical advantage" with Pink and a lot of Missy's. I also looooved Dark Water, so that counts for something.

Idk, ig the main problem was that there was no closure, other than closure on Brigadier that we had already gotten many times. Too many loose ends for me.
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SG. » Nov 9th, '14, 16:49

yung rom wrote:Ehhh, I didn't like it as much as most, although the Santa thing was pretty funny (yet pretty cringy too.) But idk, it just felt like there were a lot of loose ends and moffat tried to justify all the non-clever resolutions to problems by attempting to make you emotionally invested in them so you would forget about the corniness of them. I thought they were gonna make all the un-dead cyberman feel emotion (as opposed to just Danny) and they would refuse to kill anyone and go back to their graves. Sorta like the human race uniting against the master (which, of course, wouldn't be a first). That would've been cool.

There were some good parts though; I loved the "tactical advantage" with Pink and a lot of Missy's. I also looooved Dark Water, so that counts for something.

Idk, ig the main problem was that there was no closure, other than closure on Brigadier that we had already gotten many times. Too many loose ends for me.

See, all the early previews said there were a few loose ends left for Series 9, but other than Gallifrey, I didn't see any (well, apart from the Master, but as if she was going to die).

SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby yung rom » Nov 9th, '14, 17:02

Not just loose ends with the episode, loose ends with the whole series
You know, like how they said they would address Capaldi appearing in previous series' and Clara's disputes with the Tardis. Plus the paradox that Missy made via introducing Clara to the Doctor bc without Clara, Gallifrey would never have been saved and the Master wouldn't have been either.
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Plank » Nov 9th, '14, 17:08

Missy was amazing in this episode, almost as good as the Master from Tennent's era. I liked how Joker-like she was, and Capaldi worked well with her.

I just really hope Jenna Coleman has left for good now, I hated her and Danny's story with a passion
They're fucking with the wrong people
Image Image
Plank
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SG. » Nov 9th, '14, 18:52

yung rom wrote:Not just loose ends with the episode, loose ends with the whole series
You know, like how they said they would address Capaldi appearing in previous series' and Clara's disputes with the Tardis. Plus the paradox that Missy made via introducing Clara to the Doctor bc without Clara, Gallifrey would never have been saved and the Master wouldn't have been either.

1. Capaldi's face - What we got in Deep Breath is pretty much all we're going to get.
2. Clara v TARDIS - As far as I knew, after The Name of the Doctor, this was all resolved. I mean, the TARDIS protected her in The Time of the Doctor from the time vortex.
3. The paradox - That's not a loose end, that's just Moffat being Moffat.

SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby yung rom » Nov 9th, '14, 19:01

IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH
:'( :'( :'(
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SG. » Nov 10th, '14, 03:26

I wrote a review of the series. Read it here: http://sfbot.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/r ... -series-8/

SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment