The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Need new anime to watch

Discuss other aspects to music here along with TV and Movies.

Re: Need new anime to watch

Postby Trimss » Aug 9th, '14, 00:09

Fate/Stay Night is cool too. I think it's kinda loved amongst the anime watchers. Maybe you'll find it weird though but yeah. Great Teacher Onizuka is a cool and funny anime, not a shonen so no super powers/fights etc..

Try Samurai Champloo, there ain't no super powers, 24 episodes and it's heavily hip hop influenced (in a dope way) very entertaining tbh.

You could also check out Monster if you're looking for a psychological anime

and you don't need dubs to watch most of those, subtitles are made for that
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Mike_88 » Aug 11th, '14, 09:24

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:
Trimss wrote:Fate/Stay Night is cool too. I think it's kinda loved amongst the anime watchers. Maybe you'll find it weird though but yeah. Great Teacher Onizuka is a cool and funny anime, not a shonen so no super powers/fights etc..

Try Samurai Champloo, there ain't no super powers, 24 episodes and it's heavily hip hop influenced (in a dope way) very entertaining tbh.

You could also check out Monster if you're looking for a psychological anime

and you don't need dubs to watch most of those, subtitles are made for that

I'm not really interested in action or samurais or stuff like that. I'm mostly into thrillers :sweating:

Monster sounded pretty good, but it looks so old man. I know it's a dumb excuse but I just don't like the art style at all. :'( Maybe I'll check it out when I'm bored.

And I know I don't need dubs, I just don't like watching it in japanese. I have no problem watching movies with subs, but when it comes to anime, I don't like the voices and how everything sounds so exaggerated, lol. But I have a friend who's really into anime and sometimes I'll watch some with him so I'm starting to get used to it. :sweating:

Have you seen Berserk or Claymore?
Mike_88
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mike_88 » Aug 11th, '14, 18:34

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:
Mike_88 wrote:
Have you seen Berserk or Claymore?

I haven't, but they didn't really sound that interesting to me. As I said before, I'm not really looking for action. :sweating:

Yes, I'm very picky when it comes to the shows I watch, lol.

Anyway I think you can watch it. It's classic.
But don't watch new Berserk. It's bullshit. Watch old from 1997.
There's not much action. For most part it''s a story about friendship and treachery. It's really dark and serious anime, you know.
If you gon' like it try to read manga after.
And I agree with Trimss about Monster. If you looking for a good and interesting thriller, that's the great example.
Mike_88
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dead prez » Aug 27th, '14, 01:15

Legend of the galactic heroes, you'd probably find it boring but it's worth mentioning. I dun rly watch animu but read mango instead.

Also whoever mentioned Berserk, I really hope he meant the manga and not the shitty half assed animu with terrible coloring. The movies are ok but still not close to the manga.

Paprika i guess

oh and Grave of the fireflies is a heartwrenching movie
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby InsaneShady » Aug 28th, '14, 01:40

Watch Another, if you haven't already seen it c:

Is he nuts? No, he's insane! Ǝ

Tumblr: http://xshady4life.tumblr.com/
League Of Legends: Psycho Pikachu

InsaneShady