The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Most hated directors

Discuss other aspects to music here along with TV and Movies.

Re: Most hated directors

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Aug 23rd, '14, 21:29

I really can't do that

all i know is, I've seen 'The Godfather' over 25 times.
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Mr Evil » Aug 24th, '14, 00:29

Terminator 2 is my personal favourite film and James Cameron is a fucking awesome director.
Anyway...
S/O to Bizarre for wearing a WonderBra

CanadaPure wrote:Mr Evil and I will have to mud wrestle with Hesky to get him under control
Horse wrote:Evil for 2015 vet
Mr Evil
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dead prez » Aug 27th, '14, 01:10

Zack Snyder from directing some half baked Watchmen that was too afraid to step out of the source material's shadow. It's a faithul adaptation but that doesn't mean it's a good or even decent one. Also anyone who says that Zack Snyder was the only one who could have done as well as a job directing watchmen should get socked in the mouths. Fuck even overrated hacks like Nolan could have done 10x better the job (might not be the best thing ever but it'd be interesting), to fuck the Coen Brothers (I'd love to see a Coen Brothers adaptation of Watchmen), to he's dead now but Stanley Kubrick adaptation. He wouldn't have been afraid to look at it objectively and cut certain shit since he realizes cramming all that shit into a movie would be tedious and pointless. He'd also have his own unique take on it.

Oh yeah and Sucker Punch sucks donkey balls too, and is like Kill Bill's retarded cousin.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Solace » Aug 27th, '14, 03:06

On that note I'll say I like Dawn of the Dead (even the fast zombies) but obvs Romero's protagonists had a lot more depth and then there was just this entirely pointless part where they accept a bunch of infected people into the mall over the original where they had to deal with outsiders trying to take over the mall for themselves and I guess I just don't like that change at all
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby dead prez » Aug 27th, '14, 03:14

Yeah Snyder's Dawn of the dead is probably his best movie even if it started the fad of running zombies, speaking of awful adaptations my God is World War Z the complete opposite of watchmen as an adaptation but even worse. Most of the characters in Snyder's dawn of the dead were clcihe as hell and I forgot the dude's name but the guy who all of a sudden turned good and learned to trust people, his character developement is hilariously bad. loll, like didn't he read a magazine and realize OMG I should learn to trust people :weebay gif:. Hahaha, what the hell was that.

I seriously can't overstate how much I hate watchmen as an adaptation and why they think hiring someone who's known for directing a visceral over the top action movie where everything is in excess and turned up to eleven would be a fitting director for something more dour, serious, and bleak. Yet he came with the excessive slowmos, made every character an archetype, and the general tone of the film was stupidly bright when it should have the candid realism of a documentary.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dead prez » Aug 27th, '14, 03:19

Come on horse as someone who read watchmen, you didn't feel Snyder completely missed the point of the comic?

It'd be like if the coen brothers directed No Country for old men with excessive soundtracks and a lot of dialogue rather than really being barebones and having almost no soundtrack and minimal dialogue.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dead prez » Aug 27th, '14, 03:39

Well considering watchmen is like my favorite thing ever, you could see my over zealousness shining a bit and I probably woulda defecated all over a half way decent adaptation. Like I said Coens or Kubrick (RIP) woulda made some interesting ass adaptations.

The problem with watchmen is that it's far too long and complicated too be filmed, it's probably one of the most unfilmable things ever (along with like Infinite Jest) since it utilized comics only techniques and hell even on a subtextual it only really works in comics. The goddamn thing pretty much works as an allegory for the entirtey of comics up to that time with the minute men being the goofy silver age and tackily dressed heroes, whereas the crimebusters moved on to being dour vigilantes reminiscnet of the Dark age of Comics. Than there's mindfuck ending that is also a homage to the silliness of silver age comics, and all that buildup and details only worked cause the comics expounded on the details whereas in the movie it felt like an asspull & half baked.

Than there's the fact that most characters became archetypes, Rorschach's insanity is almost played down using the hacksaw instead of burning the dude makes him les disturbing, & I'm in the minority but I felt Jackie Earl Haley was too wooden as Rorschach and just did his best Christian Bale impression. He sounded like a barking dog rather than some cold blooded, monotone psychopath.

Making Nite Owl less inherently silly and more badass ruins the whole point of the character.

The Comedian is nowhere near as morally complex in the film as he was in the comic.

& My God is the villain (don't wanna spoil) horrendous and what is supposed to be one of the most complex characters in the work and one of the best villains reduced to a pithy James Bond Villain.

There's all those nuances too like not really taking the time to deconstruct the superheroes and showing how impractical the costumes were, the excerpts (Hollis Mason's which gave great insight into the minutemen and added tremendous world-building), the insanely complex yet masterfully added pirate comic, and just everything felt too condensed and rather than making it as starkly and brutally realistic as possible Snyder removed the moral quandaries in it and turned it into a FUCK YEAH film. (Having the comedian fight back was stupid as hell when he was visibly broken when he visited moloch). Etc, etc, etc. It woulda honestly benefitted most as some mini series ala true detective but what's done is done.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Solace » Aug 27th, '14, 03:45

Can someone explain the WWZ hate because I've seen it twice and both times I find it to be just run of the mill but nothing more worse than others that it necessarily needs to be shit on. Soon as the movie went towards finding a way to kind of put off zombies attacking you instead of finding a cure it became pretty retarded. Also the death of the guy who was supposed to be the great scientist that gives humanity a fighting chance was hilariously moronic. But it's refreshing to watch a zombie movie that isn't horror.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby dead prez » Aug 27th, '14, 03:48

Because World War Z the book reads like a documentary and a potent allegory where the zombies are in the backburner whereas the movie is just like a typical hollywood film. It's not a godawful film but it's just nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2cS5Fv5xIQ

If you really wanna know though, watch that^^^
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Solace » Aug 27th, '14, 03:49

Idc about source material tho

Ill watch that rn
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby dead prez » Aug 27th, '14, 03:50

Well if you did, than you'd see why some fans are bitching about it and why sucks donkey balls. Though the movie by itself is weak as fuck and really just nothing, a total nondescript stone in a plain river.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Solace » Aug 27th, '14, 04:00

you and your than's

Yeah I can see how even aside from its poor use of the source material the film basically strings along a lot of stupid plot points and gets by on how coincidental and lucky everything is for Brad Pitt. There was also this fuck up that annoys me at the beginning when this cop gets hit by a truck but there was literally nothing behind him in a shot like 3 seconds before that. And they're doing sequels, no?
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Mr Evil » Aug 27th, '14, 12:04

I think Snyder made a mess of Man of Steel not Watchmen
S/O to Bizarre for wearing a WonderBra

CanadaPure wrote:Mr Evil and I will have to mud wrestle with Hesky to get him under control
Horse wrote:Evil for 2015 vet
Mr Evil
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » Aug 29th, '14, 00:51

Uwe Boll.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby TheBoss123 » Aug 29th, '14, 02:40

Mr Evil wrote:I think Snyder made a mess of Man of Steel not Watchmen

I dont feel that was really his fault, though Im on the spectrum of thinking Man of Steel is an extremely flawed but decent movie none the less. But did he have a hand in writing the movie?
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment