The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Your Top 5 Favourite ANIME of all time? (Any Genre)

Discuss other aspects to music here along with TV and Movies.

Re: Your Top 5 Favourite ANIME of all time? (Any Genre)

Postby 12characters » Apr 1st, '14, 19:15

Trimss wrote:
12characters wrote:5.) Fate/Zero (haven't seen Fate/stay night)

You should definitely watch Fate/Stay Night. You probably watch them dubbed though so I don't know if you'll find the whole show dubbed, but if not, make an effort and try to watch it in japanese with subs. It's worth it and imo better than Fate/Zero. There's also a whole OAV (movie) and it's pretty damn good if you ask me. I'm a huge fan.

I actually am looking forward to it, I was watching the first episode and a bunch of comments said that they were remaking the series and that it'd be best to just wait for the remake. Should I just watch the original then?

That's awesome that you're a fan of it though. It makes me more excited to see it, especially since Fate/Zero just struck really well with me.

Trimss wrote:
12characters wrote:Honorable mentions (one's I think are either really good and/or even enjoyed but aren't my personal favorites):

Attack on Titan (wanted to put this on my list, but I didn't want a whole bunch of ties), Samurai Champloo, Death Note, Trigun (just started, but it's awesome so far), Inuyasha (one of the only cases where the manga was my favorite), Naruto: Shippuden (never abandoned me like DBZ did), Dragon Ball Z for that matter, and One Piece (2 out of the big 3). Also, The Boondocks if you count it; I know some people don't.

Word about most of those, I don't really like One Piece or Naruto though. Surprised you didn't like Death Note that much to be honest. Attack on Titan is shaping up to be goat.

Bruh, I loved Death Note, but it's been several years since I've seen it and the others are a little more fresh in my mind. Especially Fate/Zero, which I just saw like last month.

And yeah man, I watched Naruto and One Piece with my brother a lot so we bonded over it, and plus, some of my favorite action heroes/characters come from both of those series like say Kakashi or Zoro. I became a fan of them like I did to other badass characters like Vegeta or Trunks (when I was a kid). Plus, I've always loved how bold Luffy is and how he approaches adversity. Not to mention Shippuden (which I like more than the original Naruto) has some of my favorite fighting scenes of all time.

Attack on Titan is something else though. Definite goat shaping up. Each episode is punch to the nuts though.

Trimss wrote:
12characters wrote:I've noticed a lot of series listed on here that are popular, but haven't seen yet like Bleach, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho (saw some episodes back on Toonami forever ago and I liked them, but I never was able to catch it again), and Code Geass. Also, I never finished Hunter x Hunter or Rurouni Kenshin. I didn't think they were bad at all, just not my favorite.

@Pain: DUDE, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokémon were the shit back in the day. They added Pokémon to Netflix and dat nostalgia.

Yu Yu Hakusho is dope, there are around 110 episodes though so that might be a lot for you and it's probably hard to find them dubbed. I've watched them all last year though. Bleach fell off BIG TIME, it's actually disappointing because it had a LOT of potential. God damn :(

Also, you should definitely watch Great Teacher Onizuka. Definitely top 3 funniest anime I've ever seen.

I remember liking it on TV, I've definitely been interested in seeing it again. I'll definitely watch it for sure now that you've told me it's a must. I'll look for either dubs or subs.

And haha yeah I know Bleach one of the big 3 so it had a lot riding on its shoulders. I'll watch it eventually. And word? I've never heard of that one before, but I definitely love a good laugh (I remember I used to love Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo because of how random and stupid it was, which I found hilarious). I'll check it out, thanks man :y:
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby StanBase » Apr 1st, '14, 19:25

Cartoons are animated, anime is short for animation, so anime=cartoon.
1. Pokemon
2. Tmnt
3. Futurama
4. My little pony
5. Spider-man

Deal wit it
Rollefsen wrote:this guy is THE Spongebob.

Menzo wrote:one of my lowkey favourite 'newcomers' atm.

cement wrote:youre that real nikka
StanBase
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Son Goku » Jun 15th, '14, 01:45

Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Gurenn Lagann
Bleach
Yu-Yu Hakusho / High School DxD
Son Goku
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Willy » Jun 17th, '14, 02:59

1. Welcome to the NHK
2. Spice and Wolf
3. Clannad + Afterstory
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Toradora

deal with it, insects

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Jun 17th, '14, 09:11

StanBase wrote:Cartoons are animated, anime is short for animation, so anime=cartoon.
1. Pokemon
2. Tmnt
3. Futurama
4. My little pony
5. Spider-man

Deal wit it

SpongeBob is the shit.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Previous