The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Your Top 5 Favourite ANIME of all time? (Any Genre)

Discuss other aspects to music here along with TV and Movies.

Re: Your Top 5 Favourite ANIME of all time? (Any Genre)

Postby Blu » Jan 7th, '13, 15:23

Willy wrote:I might finish Elfen Lied, I only watched the first episode. Actually I just found out it's on my Netflix, so yeah I'll definitely finish it. I was using a shit low quality stream before. I really recommend 'Code Geass'. Lelouch is likable version of Light Yagami... and he has a much more diverse/interesting cast. Probably my favorite ending in anime thus far.. Check it yo.

Code Geass was awesome. Really cool concept.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Trimss » Jan 7th, '13, 22:32

Willy wrote:I might finish Elfen Lied, I only watched the first episode. Actually I just found out it's on my Netflix, so yeah I'll definitely finish it. I was using a shit low quality stream before. I really recommend 'Code Geass'. Lelouch is likable version of Light Yagami... and he has a much more diverse/interesting cast. Probably my favorite ending in anime thus far.. Check it yo.

Yeah I know Code Geass. Do you watch your animes dubbed though? Or subbed.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Chet Starr » Jan 7th, '13, 22:36

Not that big into anime but...

Neon Evangelion Genesis>*
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Willy » Jan 7th, '13, 23:27

Dubbed.. but I'm starting to run out of good dubs so I may have to do the sub thing soon..

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Trimss » Jan 8th, '13, 00:05

Willy wrote:Dubbed.. but I'm starting to run out of good dubs so I may have to do the sub thing soon..

Ugh. I honestly think dubs are massacres and totally ruin an anime or even a movie. But I guess it's pretty common.

Subs are better because japanese are weirdos and their voice are great lol.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby dead prez » Jan 9th, '13, 09:15

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
I consider the above two to be cut from the same cloth and very similar in that they're both very obviously tarantino influenced and music plays a big part in making the show.
Death Note - I find it overrated actually though before a certain some1 kicks the bucket it was great, that and the ending really rubbed me the wrong way.
Monster- The main antagonist is like a more evil, sadistic, light. I like it better than DN though it is slow and there's lots of build up.
LOTGH- The War and Peace or The Wire of anime it's extremely dense and complex with lots of subplots and characters and over 100 episodes and 3 ovas.

Though really manga is better and if we include that than Berserk (everyone who hasn't, read this the main character is probably the most badass in all of anime/manga), Nausicaa, Akira, Phoenix, LW&C, Vagabond are included.

Anyone interested in the medium at all read those.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Willy » Jan 9th, '13, 17:15

dead prez wrote:Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
I consider the above two to be cut from the same cloth and very similar in that they're both very obviously tarantino influenced and music plays a big part in making the show.
Death Note - I find it overrated actually though before a certain some1 kicks the bucket it was great, that and the ending really rubbed me the wrong way.
Monster- The main antagonist is like a more evil, sadistic, light. I like it better than DN though it is slow and there's lots of build up.
LOTGH- The War and Peace or The Wire of anime it's extremely dense and complex with lots of subplots and characters and over 100 episodes and 3 ovas.

Though really manga is better and if we include that than Berserk (everyone who hasn't, read this the main character is probably the most badass in all of anime/manga), Nausicaa, Akira, Phoenix, LW&C, Vagabond are included.

Anyone interested in the medium at all read those.

Ahh, I've heard great things about Monster.. I'll have to check it out. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Cowboy Bebop and also Black Lagoon. Both pretty sweet.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dead prez » Jan 9th, '13, 19:46

If you're gonna watch Monster, don't approach it like DN even though everyone recommends it to people after they've seen DN. That's mostly cause the pacing's slower and the buildup requires you to be patient even though it is highly rewarding.

If you want something closer to DN than read liar game.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Willy » Apr 3rd, '13, 07:15

Trimss wrote:
Willy wrote:Dubbed.. but I'm starting to run out of good dubs so I may have to do the sub thing soon..

Ugh. I honestly think dubs are massacres and totally ruin an anime or even a movie. But I guess it's pretty common.

Finished Elfen Lied... this is the first dubbed anime that sounded off to me... BUT - I loved it. Any other recommendations? I'm watching Eden of the East now :D

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hadez » Apr 5th, '13, 04:01

Trimss wrote:

i use to watch Naruto in English. i ran out of English episodes so i had to start watching in Japanese in order to continue. now i can't stand watching Naruto in English. Dragon Ball Z is a different story. the Japanese voice actors make almost everyone sound like a bitch.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Willy » Jul 20th, '13, 05:23

Finished a few more animes:

Welcome to the NHK, Clannad, Clannad + After Story, Kanon, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Angels Beats!...

I can't fit all of my favorite animes into a top 5 anmore... so fuck a list nigga

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dead prez » Jul 20th, '13, 05:50

I loved Welcome to the NHK even but my God was it depressing. I finished Clannad but got to like the 3rd episode of After story (Sunohara's arc) and dropped it, probably cause I read how depressing it gets later on and shit.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Raul » Jul 20th, '13, 14:33

Dragon Ball Z
Saint Seiya
Cardcaptor Sakura
Pokémon
Beyblade

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Willy » Jul 21st, '13, 08:17

dead prez wrote:I loved Welcome to the NHK even but my God was it depressing. I finished Clannad but got to like the 3rd episode of After story (Sunohara's arc) and dropped it, probably cause I read how depressing it gets later on and shit.

Loved NHK as well... and I definitely recommend finishing Clannad. Well worth it.. one of my personal favorite animes of all time!

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Drama Setter » Sep 3rd, '13, 12:34

Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bepop
Trigun
FLCl
The Boondocks
props to Coleon and DarkBlade
Drama Setter
Role Model
Role Model

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment