The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

ABC Bids Farewell to Monday Night Football

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

ABC Bids Farewell to Monday Night Football

Postby j_shady » Dec 26th, '05, 15:35

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - If you were ready for some football, it was the place to be for 35 seasons on Monday nights. Tonight, the NFL bids farewell to ABC, with the New England Patriots playing the New York Jets.

The second longest-running series on network TV shifts to ESPN beginning next season.

The series began in 1970, with Keith Jackson handling the play-by-play.

ESPN is paying about $1.1 billion over eight seasons for the Monday night contract.
"I never bow down, and never say doubt/To whom it may concern and whom so ever may try/i'm forever westside and the feather-weight dies/Tell em take ya best shot gon get yourself hot/cus I yelled Bankhead and you felt left out
I ain't mention yo name thats what all this bout"
j_shady
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: ABC Bids Farewell to Monday Night Football

Postby nuke333 » Jan 11th, '06, 00:37

now this really makes me mad, i love monday night football. when i didnt have cable i was exicted for mondays, i used to flip between mnf and monday night raw. now its been football. I dont understand why espn has to have this show, it belongs and deserves to be on ABC. Enough SAID!
nuke333
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby matz » Jan 11th, '06, 00:50

i fink u peeps in usa shud b fankful u get as many channels as u do free. we in uk get 5 channels free.lol
matz
Role Model
Role Model

Return to Sports Arena