The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

RUSSIA AND QATAR

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: RUSSIA AND QATAR

Postby One Mic » Dec 2nd, '10, 16:59

Fucking Shit
One Mic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gvdz » Dec 2nd, '10, 17:04

how much money did they pay to mr Blatter :shakehead:
gvdz
Renegade
Renegade

Postby One Mic » Dec 2nd, '10, 17:09

gvdz wrote:how much money did they pay to mr Blatter :shakehead:

One Mic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BigBangBazinga » Dec 2nd, '10, 18:04

So glad they picked Russia, I think it's gonna be awesome. They never had the World Cup before and I think that's why they got picked. Can't say the retarded "fans" in Birmingham helped England out either. :coffee:

Really surprised Qatar got 2022. Thought it was gonna be either US or Australia.
I'ma be BALLIN UNCONTROLLABLY

Have you guys ever rapped along with Almost Famous? You cant deny, its fun LOL. - Miller1121

we stans listen to Eminem like 12 hrs or when ever our eyes are open. :coffee:
. - MCSam
BigBangBazinga
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Marshal17 » Dec 2nd, '10, 18:44

hell YEAH!!!
good 4 them
props
Expect No Sympathy From Me Am An MC
This Is How I'm Supposed To Be Cold As A -G-
My Heart's Frozen It Don't Even Beat So Expect
NO APOLOGIES...
Marshal17
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby mcZu » Dec 2nd, '10, 20:16

Why were we, Belgium-Netherlands, even hoping, lol? I mean, it was pretty obvious they wouldn't choose us. I'm glad they didn't either, from a financial aspect, I mean. Better for the UK, too.. With all these cuts in the UK and the Netherlands, it would be really strange if they could pull out such a huge amount of money to financially support such an event, while, we, students, have to pay respectively, 9 grand (UK) and 5 grand (NL)... I love football, but that would be one big smack in our faces...
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby One Mic » Dec 2nd, '10, 20:56

Fifa are corrupt.

We only recieved 2 votes out of a possible 22 (and one of them was from the English guy), so basically 1 vote. From a neutral perspective, England definitely have the best technical bid, and like someone else said on the news we are the only country out of those bidding who could host the World Cup tomorrow. We've got the infrastructure, stadiums, transport links etc etc.

Yet they give 2018 World Cup to a country who has a reputation for hooliganism, and it's racism to non-whites. And the 2022 World Cup to a country with no footballing history, pedigree, or culture, it's in the middle of nowhere, 40 degrees heat (in June), and it's a homophobic nation.

Qatar's World Cup record;

1930-1974 Did not enter
1978 Did not qualify
1982 Did not qualify
1986 Did not qualify
1990 Did not qualify
1994 Did not qualify
1998 Did not qualify
2002 Did not qualify
2006 Did not qualify
2010 Did not qualify
2014 ??
2018 ??
2022 Hosts

Absolutely ridiculous.

Prime Minister Cameron described the result as "bitterly disappointing" and felt there were not much more England could have done to convince Fifa that theirs was the best bid.

"I think according to Fifa we had the best technical bid, the best commercial bid," Cameron stated. "No-one could identify and risks coming to England. It turns out that's not enough.

"A huge credit to the team - they worked extremely hard. I would pay huge tribute and credit to David Beckham who gave an inspirational speech and Prince William who worked incredibly hard.

2018 VOTING
First round: England 2 votes (eliminated), Netherlands-Belgium 4; Spain-Portugal 7; Russia 9 (no absolute majority)
Second round: Netherlands-Belgium 2; Spain-Portugal 7; Russia 13 (Russia obtain absolute majority)

"It's hard to see what more you can do. It turns out having the best technical bid, the best commercial bid and having a passion for football isn't enough. I was hoping to see a World Cup in England in my lifetime."

The next World Cup England are likely to be entitled to bid for is 2030, but Fifa's apparent determination to open the game up to new markets suggests their wait may go on even longer.

Though England is blessed with a series of excellent stadia, good transport links and policing, it is thought a number of behind-the-scenes factors possibly went against them.

The BBC's recent Panorama investigation - broadcast on Monday - accused three Fifa executive committee members of accepting "corrupt" payments and alleged that Fifa vice-president Jack Warner attempted to supply ticket touts.

Michel Platini, president of European football's governing body Uefa, insisted the documentary would not alter members' votes or wreck England's chances.

But he did claim that the British media's arduous relationship with football's international governing body could jeopardise England's chances of success.
One Mic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gvdz » Dec 2nd, '10, 22:55

mcZu wrote:Why were we, Belgium-Netherlands, even hoping, lol? I mean, it was pretty obvious they wouldn't choose us. I'm glad they didn't either, from a financial aspect, I mean. Better for the UK, too.. With all these cuts in the UK and the Netherlands, it would be really strange if they could pull out such a huge amount of money to financially support such an event, while, we, students, have to pay respectively, 9 grand (UK) and 5 grand (NL)... I love football, but that would be one big smack in our faces...

word,
im glad we aint won 2,
but that they choose russia&qatar i can't understand. with all those timezones in russia and the temperatures in qatar :shakehead:
i wished they chose england or spain
gvdz
Renegade
Renegade

Postby One Mic » Dec 3rd, '10, 00:21

Russia is a political decision. Qatar is an economic decision.

The real loser here is football.

I'm already losing my love and passion for the sport, this has only added to that.

World Cup 2010 was absoloute shit as well (not just from an England perspective) I mean generally. The games were extremely poor, and it never really got going.

Apparently Brazil are really struggling with their preparations for the 2014 World Cup, and I have heard unconfirmed reports/rumours that either England or USA are ready to step in, if they fail. I doubt anything will materialise though.
One Mic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Dec 3rd, '10, 03:10

they need to chill with doing this shit (like with the olympics too) over a fuckin decade in advance. I know you need time to plan everything etc...but come on 12 years :shakehead:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby BigBangBazinga » Dec 3rd, '10, 10:42

gvdz wrote:
mcZu wrote:Why were we, Belgium-Netherlands, even hoping, lol? I mean, it was pretty obvious they wouldn't choose us. I'm glad they didn't either, from a financial aspect, I mean. Better for the UK, too.. With all these cuts in the UK and the Netherlands, it would be really strange if they could pull out such a huge amount of money to financially support such an event, while, we, students, have to pay respectively, 9 grand (UK) and 5 grand (NL)... I love football, but that would be one big smack in our faces...

word,
im glad we aint won 2,
but that they choose russia&qatar i can't understand. with all those timezones in russia and the temperatures in qatar :shakehead:
i wished they chose england or spain

You think they'll play in all of Russia? :facepalm

Have you guys ever rapped along with Almost Famous? You cant deny, its fun LOL. - Miller1121

. - MCSam
BigBangBazinga
Role Model
Role Model

Postby momentisgolden » Dec 3rd, '10, 11:19

Qatar does not allow drinking, half of the population is imported, the "development" aint staying there coz the stadia gonna be exported, its hot, its third biggest city is 30,000 people big, its FUCKING HOT and the CHEATED, fucking CHEATED less than a decade ago. C'mon. Bullshit. Not England, but (for footballing reasons) Australia was the best country. Unfortunatly their bid wasnt strong enough.

Congrats to Russia.

BTW- ddnt want it to go to a country that has hosted it before.
No Apologies
momentisgolden
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby dR3 » Dec 8th, '10, 02:46

Here are the Russian presentation pictures:

^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby toxicbuffyspimp » Dec 18th, '10, 21:49

Fifa is so corrupt, just take the fuckin bribes. England and States should have got it.
toxicbuffyspimp
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby BigBangBazinga » Dec 19th, '10, 15:15

toxicbuffyspimp wrote:Fifa is so corrupt, just take the fuckin bribes. England and States should have got it.

Can you tell me WHY England should have got it? They've already hosted a WC and Russia/Qatar never did. And the fucking retard fans in the Birmingham game didn't exactly help. All Englishmen keep saying FIFA's corrupt 'cause they mad they didn't get to host. Fucking pussys.

. - MCSam
BigBangBazinga
Role Model
Role Model

Next

Return to Sports Arena