The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

David Beckham receives Lifetime Achievement award

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

David Beckham receives Lifetime Achievement award

Postby One Mic » Dec 19th, '10, 23:26

Former England captain David Beckham has received the BBC Sports Personality Lifetime Achievement award.

The 35-year-old midfielder is England's most capped outfield player and won six Premier League titles and the Champions League crown with Manchester United.

He won the Spanish league with Real Madrid after a £25m move from United before joining Los Angeles Galaxy and also spent two loan spells at AC Milan.

In 2001 Beckham was named BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

Video & More:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_ ... 283138.stm
One Mic
Soldier
Soldier

Re: David Beckham receives Lifetime Achievement award

Postby mdemaz » Dec 20th, '10, 03:18

David who?
Just sayin'.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby dR3 » Dec 21st, '10, 19:38

Nice speech, and I think he totally deserves it.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby mcZu » Dec 21st, '10, 23:32

^Kinda agree with Hesky, still, to say he didn't deserve it might be too much. He was definitely a good player, a skilled one too, so, kudos Beckham, you kinda deserve it. Even if it might be too much.
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby One Mic » Dec 21st, '10, 23:38

Hesky wrote:A lifetime achievement award at 35 is a little too much in my opinion, especially when you consider he's probably made more off his looks than his football.

Listen, he's not exactly going to go down in the top 20 footballers of all time category, but you don't play for the likes of Manchester United, Real Madrid, and AC Milan if you're not any good. In his prime he was a great player, the only mistake he made was going to America too early. He could easily have pro-longed his career in some of the top leagues, but as soon as he went to play for LA Galaxy it all went downhill.

He's an icon.

The award was well deserved.

And who can forget this classic film, made about him? 'Bend It Like Beckham'. Keira Knightley is in it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsmbObwStSQ
One Mic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby embm » Dec 22nd, '10, 01:53

gd 4 him he deserves it :flutter:
embm
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby ku53v » Dec 22nd, '10, 05:38

One Mic wrote:Listen, he's not exactly going to go down in the top 20 footballers of all time category, but you don't play for the likes of Manchester United, Real Madrid, and AC Milan if you're not any good. In his prime he was a great player, the only mistake he made was going to America too early. He could easily have pro-longed his career in some of the top leagues, but as soon as he went to play for LA Galaxy it all went downhill.

He's an icon.

The award was well deserved.

And who can forget this classic film, made about him? 'Bend It Like Beckham'. Keira Knightley is in it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsmbObwStSQ

He makes a lot of money for the owner of his team that's why he's played for real madrid, milan, etc. If he wasn't goodlooking or married to victoria adams he would be totally irrelevant

In his prime he was somewhat a good player, but since he joined Real Madrid he hasn't won shit and
pretty much all he can do is scoring from free-kicks

ot:I fucking love keira knightley
Last edited by ku53v on Jan 3rd, '11, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
ku53v

Postby Fleka » Jan 3rd, '11, 17:58

Even though Beckham made much more money with his modeling then football, and his looks made him popular in the whole world, he is a great player and a great professional. He always gave his best on the football field, for his club and his country. To me, Beckham>Ronaldinho, Adriano and others that can`t stay sober for two days. He deserved this award.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby One Mic » Jan 3rd, '11, 20:01

There are a lot of rumours he could be going to Spurs on loan for a few months!

I imagine his influence will be greater off the pitch, than on it, boost morale in the dressing room, a great guy to have on the training field too etc.
One Mic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Unscarred » Jan 3rd, '11, 20:20

One Mic wrote:There are a lot of rumours he could be going to Spurs on loan for a few months!

I imagine his influence will be greater off the pitch, than on it, boost morale in the dressing room, a great guy to have on the training field too etc.

I heard that Newcastle wants him too
“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
Friedrich Nietzsche
Unscarred
Role Model
Role Model

Postby One Mic » Jan 3rd, '11, 20:24

^ Yeah, Blackburn and a few others too.

I remember him saying he would never play for another English club (after Man Utd) but who knows?
One Mic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ku53v » Jan 3rd, '11, 22:49

Fleka wrote:Even though Beckham made much more money with his modeling then football, and his looks made him popular in the whole world, he is a great player and a great professional. He always gave his best on the football field, for his club and his country. To me, Beckham>Ronaldinho, Adriano and others that can`t stay sober for two days. He deserved this award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W21xrv2d9hI

Ronaldinho with a hangover > Beckham
ku53v

Postby Fleka » Jan 3rd, '11, 23:19

ku53v wrote:
Fleka wrote:Even though Beckham made much more money with his modeling then football, and his looks made him popular in the whole world, he is a great player and a great professional. He always gave his best on the football field, for his club and his country. To me, Beckham>Ronaldinho, Adriano and others that can`t stay sober for two days. He deserved this award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W21xrv2d9hI

Ronaldinho with a hangover > Beckham

I did not say that Beckham is better player then Ronaldinho. When Ronaldinho really played his best he was in a class of his own. But he did that for a few seasons. Beckham played his best football through out his whole career.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby ku53v » Jan 4th, '11, 00:14

Fleka wrote:I did not say that Beckham is better player then Ronaldinho. When Ronaldinho really played his best he was in a class of his own. But he did that for a few seasons. Beckham played his best football through out his whole career.

yeah, I agree with that
but his best football was just above mediocre at best
ku53v

Return to Sports Arena