The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Football/soccer diving vs over reacting ?

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Football/soccer diving vs over reacting ?

Postby Good For Nothing » Jan 9th, '11, 01:55

Is over reacting the same as diving in your opinion ? Because me and my friend always get into heated arguments (usually after watching spanish football at the weekend ) I think that a dive is when a player goes down without any contact from the opponent in order to win a penalty/free-kick whatever, and he thinks that over reacting is diving even when player A gets tackled illegally by player B.

For example here is a video of Ronaldo apparently diving, but 98% percent of the "dives" in this video where tackles made illegaly on him, but it just looks bad because he makes such a song and dance about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1LiWYJswZw

So basically is over reacting the same as diving even when there has been contact made ?

"I'm infinite, your infantile an infant got more style than you"
Good For Nothing
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Football/soccer diving vs over reacting ?

Postby Rash J » Jan 10th, '11, 09:21

To me, diving is going down when there was no contact. But all players, diving or not, would over react when they go down. It puts more pressure on the ref to award a penalty/free kick.
Rash J
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slimm » Jan 12th, '11, 02:29

Most of the time Ronaldo didn't even make a scene when he got seriously hit. I consider diving to be when players fall without contact, which I hate.
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby bigandy » Jan 17th, '11, 18:30

ronaldo and drogba r the main culprates for diving :coffee:
It was all a dream, a used to read word up magazine, salt and pepper and heavy g up in the limozine, hanging pictures on my wall, every saturday rap attack mr magic molly moll(8)
bigandy
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Sports Arena