The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

NFL 2011 Regular Season

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: NFL 2011 Regular Season

Postby Tash8 » Dec 28th, '11, 23:37

Hesky wrote: but if they play like they did on Christmas Eve they're missing the postseason again.

i hope so, GO RAIDERS!! we deserve this
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Emadyville » Dec 29th, '11, 03:06

raiders need to play prior :coffee:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Tash8 » Dec 30th, '11, 21:38

naw , I much prefer Carson Palmer

Pryor needs a few years, I'm over starting QBs early after the Russell Hysteria Era...he'll do well under the guidance of Palmer.

Anyways Hesky, Good luck this weekend bro, both our franchises have been thru hell the past few years..we haven't had a winning season since 2002, we've been beyond awful, the raiders lost our long time owner/leader this season. While you guys have blown divison leads two times, you've had 2 (or is it 3?) that have gotten killed in the past few years. Josh McDaniels came in and ruined your team, but his only right pick, Tebow, changed all that that

and i'm glad its either one of us that has a shot and not the undeserving chiefs or the heartless chargers.

I'll be at the game btw :sweating:

P.s> I think people are overestimating the need for 1st round picks, imo the past 10 years we've had top ten like 8 times and it hasn't amounted to shit...Its not like we can keep affording to pay these guys. Plus we seem to find great players in later rounds like Jacoby Ford, Denarious Moore, and Lil Wiz.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Beak » Jan 2nd, '12, 17:12

Lions should've beat the Packers. The refs made 3 BIG mistakes that cost the Lions the game. (A touchdown, a fumble, a muffed catch). Oh well, on to New Orleans. Should be a good game, if they don't make stupid penalties.

Good luck Teblow mania. Against the Steelers, you have no chance!
Beak
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Tash8 » Jan 2nd, '12, 20:50

Hesky wrote:
Hesky wrote:
Tash8 wrote:
Anyways Hesky, Good luck this weekend bro, both our franchises have been thru hell the past few years..

Tell me about it :y:

May the better team make the playoffs.

Maybe I should have said less worse team[img]http://www.animenation.net/forums/im
ages/smilies/laughing_animated.gif[/img]

Talk about limping into the playoffs. Tebow looked awful, gun-shy is an understatement. He had guys wide open but wouldn't hit them. A mixture of bad play, and bad playcalling lost that game. They didn't play to win, too conservative for my liking.

yeah that was awful, both of us had the chance to win it and neither of us seemed to want it...

that's great, 3 teams tied at 8-8 and one 7-9...great fuckin division...
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Beak » Jan 2nd, '12, 21:14

Hesky wrote:
Beak wrote:Lions should've beat the Packers. The refs made 3 BIG mistakes that cost the Lions the game. (A touchdown, a fumble, a muffed catch). Oh well, on to New Orleans. Should be a good game, if they don't make stupid penalties.

Good luck Teblow mania. Against the Steelers, you have no chance!

It'll be a tough one for them against the Saints. New Orleans haven't lost at home all season, and they've put up 40+ there regularly lately.

I was wondering how old you were Beak, and if this is the first Lions playoff game you'll have memory of?

I'm old enough to remember the playoff game against the Eagles. I think that was '95. Eagles smoked them and I've watched them get there butt kicked in the other 2 playoff games after that. I just hope I get to see them in the Super Bowl before I die. Us die hard Lions fans have had it rough to say the least.
Beak
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Beak » Jan 9th, '12, 16:53

What the.... :confusion: I can't believe the Broncos beat Pitt. Denver's defense was really, really good.
Teblow actually threw a couple good passes. But also, some not so good.
Congrats @Hesky & company.
Beak
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Tash8 » Jan 9th, '12, 19:17

is it just me or do the broncos play a lot like the old Raiders?

run run, deep pass

on defense: man/press coverage and pressure with front 4 d linemen..

hmm...guess Elway picked up on some things along the way.

anyways congrats on the win!
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Beak » Jan 9th, '12, 19:58

Hesky wrote:
Beak wrote:What the.... :confusion: I can't believe the Broncos beat Pitt. Denver's defense was really, really good.
Teblow actually threw a couple good passes. But also, some not so good.
Congrats @Hesky & company.

Most passing yards the Steelers have given up all season, plus Tebow setting a new NFL playoff record for yards per completion really came in handy and silenced a lot of critics last night :y: They need to keep it rolling into Foxboro.

I didn't sleep last night haha.

Well unfortunately for you, the run is over. Brady & the Pats will stop him. Pitt would've to I think if it wasn't for the injuries. He might have silenced a lot of critics, but not me. I still don't believe he's any good, or will be any good. Next year, if he gets them to the playoffs, then maybe, just maybe, I'll believe in it.
Beak
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Robbie G » Jan 11th, '12, 05:26

TEBOW!!!!
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Chet Starr » Jan 11th, '12, 11:27

We fucked up by blitzing Tebow too much, he is a horrible passer. But anyone (well anyone that performs at a NFL level) can throw a pass when there are only 2 defenders in the backfield. So he would throw it to his receivers who would run like Warren Sapp at a buffet

& still he fucking had a decent day rushing

Tebow can run like a muthafucker, but I still don't think he will be a hall of famer unless he learns to pass.
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Robbie G » Jan 11th, '12, 18:39

It's just so incredible that he manages to win with little to no talent.
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Beak » Jan 11th, '12, 19:20

@Hesky I do believe in Cam. Time will tell. But I think in a couple years he'll be really good. He runs good (like Tebow) and has a good arm on him. #1 pick? I don't know about that. But the Panthers needed him and they made the right choice. Cam will have a longer career than Tebow. Granted, Tebow could prove me wrong next year and I hope he does.
I still can't wrap my head around the fact Denver found a way to beat Pitt, but the Lions couldn't find a way to beat the Saints. Denver's D was a lot better though. Lions might of had a chance if the secondary played better tbh.

By the way, who's your picks for the Super Bowl? I'm goin with the 49ers and the Ravens. Ravens win!

Edit: By the way, did you see this? I just came across it. I guess God was helping him. lol
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 12959.html
Beak
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Beak » Jan 11th, '12, 21:23

Hesky wrote:
Beak wrote:@Hesky I do believe in Cam. Time will tell. But I think in a couple years he'll be really good. He runs good (like Tebow) and has a good arm on him. #1 pick? I don't know about that. But the Panthers needed him and they made the right choice. Cam will have a longer career than Tebow. Granted, Tebow could prove me wrong next year and I hope he does.
I still can't wrap my head around the fact Denver found a way to beat Pitt, but the Lions couldn't find a way to beat the Saints. Denver's D was a lot better though. Lions might of had a chance if the secondary played better tbh.

By the way, who's your picks for the Super Bowl? I'm goin with the 49ers and the Ravens. Ravens win!

Edit: By the way, did you see this? I just came across it. I guess God was helping him. lol
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 12959.html

I honestly can't predict with either Cam. He has bags of talent, there's just something about him that blurs his future.

The Saints are a lot better of a team than the Steelers, it's hard just to keep up with them. They aren't the same outside of their comfort zone, though (domes haha), so this week against SF will be tough for them no doubt.

I don't do predictions :D I've always stayed well away from game predictions and fantasy football haha. I'm not superstitious, though, which is weird.

Yeah the Saints will get theirs this weekend. I don't get into the whole fantasy football thing either. I don't really like make predictions either. I just like to guess sometimes to see if I can get it right. Just for fun. And for bets, well I just do friendly ones. Thank god, cause I would've lost big time this year. lol
Beak
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Robbie G » Jan 12th, '12, 15:47

Cam Newton has a bright future, especially is Carolina gives him a good team to work with.

My prediction for the Superbowl is Patriots vs Packers/Saints.
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena