The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

USA! USA!

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: USA! USA!

Postby imhavingarelapse » Jul 17th, '11, 23:58

That..sucked. I feel heart broken but I'm just glad that didn't happen to the men's team. Still. :'(
"At night in my window I see a silhouette, crying heavy tears look how wet my pillow gets..."
imhavingarelapse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sla » Jul 18th, '11, 00:07

Tash8 wrote:
Sla wrote:No one's watching the final USA-Japan? 2:2, 117 minutes played. Penalties are gonna decide.

i'm happy for Japan, what a perfect story for them

Yeah, but I wanted to see the US girls win. They just did some stupid defense errors.

imhavingarelapse wrote:but I'm just glad that didn't happen to the men's team. Still. :'(

That's an interesting point. How is the perception in the States about the possibility for the USA to become World Champions? They all know the USA is a small Football country or they just think "Hey, we are the most powerful country in the world, why not taking the Cup home"?
Sla
Soldier
Soldier

Postby imhavingarelapse » Jul 18th, '11, 00:21

Sla wrote: That's an interesting point. How is the perception in the States about the possibility for the USA to become World Champions? They all know the USA is a small Football country or they just think "Hey, we are the most powerful country in the world, why not taking the Cup home"?

In the men's or women's game? The perception for the men's team is that it's nearly impossible for us to win a world cup, but I try to be optimistic, so I'm hoping 2014 is our year. I'm making it a point to be there in Brazil to watch it in person. :y:

With the women's team, it just felt like we were supposed to win. Japan had never beaten us in 25 matches before. I just doesn't seem right..but I give Japan credit. They deserve it and they beat all the best teams to get to where they are. Props to them. I'm still very bitter about the game though.. :(
"At night in my window I see a silhouette, crying heavy tears look how wet my pillow gets..."
imhavingarelapse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sla » Jul 18th, '11, 00:32

imhavingarelapse wrote:
Sla wrote: That's an interesting point. How is the perception in the States about the possibility for the USA to become World Champions? They all know the USA is a small Football country or they just think "Hey, we are the most powerful country in the world, why not taking the Cup home"?

In the men's or women's game? The perception for the men's team is that it's nearly impossible for us to win a world cup, but I try to be optimistic, so I'm hoping 2014 is our year. I'm making it a point to be there in Brazil to watch it in person. :y:

In the men's game. I think it's too early for the States, becoming world Champions 2014 in Brazil would really be a big miracle. Don't think it's gonna happen in the next 10-15 years. I mean - who's your most known player right now? Landon Donovan? Where does he play? In Los Angeles. You need top players in Europe's biggest teams, players making experience in the Champions League. Or you'll be never able to beat top nations like Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, England, France. Maybe you'll beat just 1 of them, but the way to the final is long.
Sla
Soldier
Soldier

Postby imhavingarelapse » Jul 18th, '11, 00:49

Sla wrote:In the men's game. I think it's too early for the States, becoming world Champions 2014 in Brazil would really be a big miracle. Don't think it's gonna happen in the next 10-15 years. I mean - who's your most known player right now? Landon Donovan? Where does he play? In Los Angeles. You need top players in Europe's biggest teams, players making experience in the Champions League. Or you'll be never able to beat top nations like Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, England, France. Maybe you'll beat just 1 of them, but the way to the final is long.

I agree with you all the way. We have some young talented players coming up like Juan Agudelo and Tim Chandler, who I'm hoping can become international stars by 2014. Agudelo is a tremendous talent to be so young and needs to get out of the MLS as soon as possible. We'll be returning stars like Donovan, Dempsey, Howard, and Altidore. Charlie Davies should be also be healthy and ready to go as well. Not to mention, Freddy Adu, which was easily our best player in the Gold Cup final against Mexico. I think he's finally gonna become, somewhat of the player he was hyped up to be when he was 15 playing in the MLS.

I'm a big believer in when it comes down to a one game setting to advance, like the knockout rounds of the World Cup, anything can happen. I know the talent level is a little lopsided for the US, but we always play with alot of heart and will--something that can't be taught. I also know it would take a complete miracle, but I think the USA will surprise alot of people in 2014. :y:
imhavingarelapse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sla » Jul 18th, '11, 07:48

If my team doesn't win, I'll have no problem seeing the States doing it. I would be curious about the reactions on there, how the people are gonna receive and celebrate it. Being the number 1 at the world's most famous sport, that couldn't be ignored even by the biggest haters. Tons of new supporters would be the result. Probably. Or what you think? Could it be possible that even after such an achievement the majority wouldn't give a fuck?
Sla
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Chet Starr » Jul 18th, '11, 07:54

USA USA losed today :(
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby imhavingarelapse » Jul 18th, '11, 08:16

Sla wrote:If my team doesn't win, I'll have no problem seeing the States doing it. I would be curious about the reactions on there, how the people are gonna receive and celebrate it. Being the number 1 at the world's most famous sport, that couldn't be ignored even by the biggest haters. Tons of new supporters would be the result. Probably. Or what you think? Could it be possible that even after such an achievement the majority wouldn't give a fuck?

What country are you from? I'm very curious to see what would happen as well. I think there would be an insane amount of new followers and I think the popularity of the MLS would sky-rocket, along with our TV coverage of other big soccer leagues. It would be a dream come true for me.
imhavingarelapse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby macdaddy019967 » Jul 18th, '11, 08:27

All i gotta say is fuck the U.S. Men's soccer team
Viva Mexico
Chicharito all the way
#JMG #SacJB #ToxicBuffy #Trinell #Meadows_Killas
macdaddy019967
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby imhavingarelapse » Jul 18th, '11, 08:40

macdaddy019967 wrote:All i gotta say is fuck the U.S. Men's soccer team
Viva Mexico
Chicharito all the way

Ahhh geez, thanks man! :wave: Anyways, yeah he's good and Mexico is looking really good right now. Gio Dos Santos scares me just as much as Chicharito though..that guy is scary good.
imhavingarelapse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sla » Jul 18th, '11, 09:20

imhavingarelapse wrote:
Sla wrote:If my team doesn't win, I'll have no problem seeing the States doing it. I would be curious about the reactions on there, how the people are gonna receive and celebrate it. Being the number 1 at the world's most famous sport, that couldn't be ignored even by the biggest haters. Tons of new supporters would be the result. Probably. Or what you think? Could it be possible that even after such an achievement the majority wouldn't give a fuck?

What country are you from?

I'm fortunate enough to have 4 (FOUR) World Cups in my showcase, so i know how it feels being in the final and win. 2006 was really AMAZING.
Sla
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alex2012 » Jul 18th, '11, 10:14

Sla wrote:

2006 was really AMAZING.

meh :coffee:
I'm out of the matrix and I improved my music taste here, I opened my eyes and discovered so different ways to see the world, thanks to you all!

That started here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111344

That will end here:
http://www.hiphopshelter.com/
Alex2012
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sla » Jul 18th, '11, 10:22

Alex2012 wrote:
Sla wrote:

2006 was really AMAZING.

The Materazzi-Zidane scene was epic, I'll be forever grateful to Zizou. Who knows how it would have ended without that. Image
Sla
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sla » Jul 18th, '11, 10:32

Menzo wrote:
Sla wrote:
Alex2012 wrote:

The Materazzi-Zidane scene was epic, I'll be forever grateful to Zizou. Who knows how it would have ended without that. Image

They still would have won. The stars were aligned, Italy's tournament was near flawless.

We'll never know it for sure, France was playing better in the extra-time, there were still some minutes to play. And maybe Zidane would have shot instead of Trezeguet at the penalties.
Sla
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alex2012 » Jul 18th, '11, 10:55

Sla wrote:
Menzo wrote:
Sla wrote:

They still would have won. The stars were aligned, Italy's tournament was near flawless.

We'll never know it for sure, France was playing better in the extra-time, there were still some minutes to play. And maybe Zidane would have shot instead of Trezeguet at the penalties.

I don't mean that Italy was not good, certainly deserved victory for those who have kept their self-control, only that changed all in the minds of players, and it ruined the game.
I'm out of the matrix and I improved my music taste here, I opened my eyes and discovered so different ways to see the world, thanks to you all!

That started here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111344

That will end here:
http://www.hiphopshelter.com/
Alex2012
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena