The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

UFC 134: Silva vs Okami

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

UFC 134: Silva vs Okami

Postby EyeSpick » Aug 8th, '11, 08:33

Any MMA heads here? I'm pretty confident Silva is about to repeat his Belfort blow out with this match up. Silva hasn't had a problem beating stronger (Hendo) faster (Sonnen) and more skilled grapplers (Lutter). I think that's an easy call.

Griffith is going to beat the shit out of Rua, a shell of his former self. It doesn't really matter because the division is so crowded right now with Bones reigning while Evans, Rampage, and Machida creep into contention for the belt.

The only other match I'm really looking forward to is Shaub vs Nogueira and I'm guessing Nog is going to outclass him. Shaub is going to get dragged into the deep water and beaten with experience here.

Thoughts?
EminemBase wrote:Of course nothing is ever 100%, no questions asked absolute. We can't even prove we're not in fact living in a dream for example and aren't in fact the imaginations of some 'other selves' far far away. But that doesn't make the chances 50/50 like a fucking coin toss.
EyeSpick
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: UFC 134: Silva vs Okami

Postby Poetry Sound » Aug 11th, '11, 22:51

Silva is a great fighter but I still think he does not want to stay at 205 because of this Lyoto.
Poetry Sound
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby EyeSpick » Aug 12th, '11, 00:52

Poetry Sound wrote:Silva is a great fighter but I still think he does not want to stay at 205 because of this Lyoto.

Lyoto? If anything it's Bones Jones. 205 isn't even his weight class and a unified belt would completely ruin the sport. Can you imagine how backed up the divisions would be with number 1 contenders given the fact that he could only defend one belt at a time with a fight every 4 months if we're lucky.
EminemBase wrote:Of course nothing is ever 100%, no questions asked absolute. We can't even prove we're not in fact living in a dream for example and aren't in fact the imaginations of some 'other selves' far far away. But that doesn't make the chances 50/50 like a fucking coin toss.
EyeSpick
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby DanWS » Aug 12th, '11, 21:47

I'm not a UFC fan as such but I've had my moments where I've dipped in and out. I can just never seem to stay into it and keep up to date with all the different fighters and events. But Anderson Silva is my favourite fighter for sure and I'll definitely watch this :y:
TRshady wrote:The server is indeed unaware of the greatness that is DanWS.
DanWS
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Spyder » Aug 13th, '11, 23:55

i agree with virtually everything here

silva will outclass him in everyway, he will not be able to stand up with silva like any kma fighter because silva is the greatest mma striker ever imo, weve seen anderson dominate elite grapplers like damien maia because they cant get him to the ground, okami is a better wrestler but he wont get him down, even if he did silva would submit him, the only reason he went got taken down so easily againat chael was because he wanted to submit him for dissing the nog brothers jui jitsu black belt.

anderson doesnt want to be at 205 because he feels the 185 belt is his responsibility, he doesnt care about fighting jones, he said in a comference it was danas choice to make. however dana wouldnt do this because obviously one cash cow would hurt his legacy, hence no gsp vs silva superfight.
he wont fight lyoto because the friends and train together.

i believe shaub will murder nog, hes way to old to use his grappling and expierence to his advantage, mir and an equally old couture beat him, shaub is bad but has power, he will get an early tko simply because hes young.

in other news assuming u mma heads new ufc bought strikeforce, now overreem got dropped by strikeforce so he will eventually be signed by ufc, create such fights as overreem vs valezquez or jds!
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Return to Sports Arena