The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Postby Innovation » Sep 9th, '11, 11:04

Gotta love rugby, eh? :happy:

For all fellow rugby fans out there, feel free to discuss anything to do with the world cup here.

Of course I'll be rooting for England, let's hope I don't experience the same anger/disappointment as I did in last world cup's final. Let's go all the way and win it, again! It'll be a huge challenge given how great New Zealand and Australia are. The latter we beat last year so why not again? :y:
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Postby Shadizz » Sep 10th, '11, 09:24

I played Rugby for like 5 years when I was younger, I'm a big fan of this sport. So yeah, absolutely I'mma support France, but I know that we don't have really a chance of winning the World Cup haha I'd like South Africa to win the cup to be honest since it has already been my favourite team beside France, but sincerely that's gonna be hard to beat the "All Blacks" this year as they play at home in front of their fans. :y:
Shadizz
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Innovation » Sep 10th, '11, 14:17

To be honest mate, France have just as much chance as England. I remember before the last world cup, England were dubbed as the worst world champions ever. What did we do? Get to the final. France are a solid team, the team I hate England facing in the 6 Nations. :p

We got a win today, wasn't a very convincing score but a win is a win!
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Shadizz » Sep 10th, '11, 15:53

Innovation wrote:To be honest mate, France have just as much chance as England. I remember before the last world cup, England were dubbed as the worst world champions ever. What did we do? Get to the final. France are a solid team, the team I hate England facing in the 6 Nations. :p

We got a win today, wasn't a very convincing score but a win is a win!

You guys have a solid team too, some of your players are among the best in the world, like who's not scared of Jonny Wilkinson and his drop goals ? haha let's hope for a France-England match in quarter-final or semi-final, that would be nice. :)
Shadizz
Renegade
Renegade

Postby WelshEm » Sep 10th, '11, 16:47

Enjoyed all the matches that I have watched so far! I'm Welsh so hoping for Wales to win their first World Cup obviously even if it is a long shot! Haha
WelshEm
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shadizz » Sep 10th, '11, 17:37

WelshEm wrote:Enjoyed all the matches that I have watched so far! I'm Welsh so hoping for Wales to win their first World Cup obviously even if it is a long shot! Haha

You have one hell of a player named Shane Williams, he's like the Usain Bolt of Rugby along with Joe Rokocoko (who plays for New-Zealand) :y:
Shadizz
Renegade
Renegade

Postby WelshEm » Sep 10th, '11, 21:45

Shadizz wrote:
WelshEm wrote:Enjoyed all the matches that I have watched so far! I'm Welsh so hoping for Wales to win their first World Cup obviously even if it is a long shot! Haha

You have one hell of a player named Shane Williams, he's like the Usain Bolt of Rugby along with Joe Rokocoko (who plays for New-Zealand) :y:
yeah Shane Williams is brilliant! And Rokocoko is amazing, every time I have seen him play! So big and yet so quick! I have been to watch Wales V France a few times and its always been brilliant, french fans are awesome and your players are brilliant some of my favorites are Chabal and Rougerie :)
WelshEm
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Ku53v » Sep 11th, '11, 07:28

I'm happy with argentina's performance, we couldve won, if it weren't for that wrongly called penalty that led to england's try, or if we had made some of the seven penalties we missed :facepalm

I doubt any team can snatch the title from New Zealand this time
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Innovation » Sep 11th, '11, 11:15

I caught the last 20 minutes of the South Africa vs Wales game. Hook had the chance to essentially win it with that penalty. From what I saw it was a very good game. :y:
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby WelshEm » Sep 13th, '11, 22:53

Innovation wrote:I caught the last 20 minutes of the South Africa vs Wales game. Hook had the chance to essentially win it with that penalty. From what I saw it was a very good game. :y:

Yeah there was a kick at around 15 mins too that apparently went over but wasn't called, the game couldve gone either way, and it was a good game! :) looking forward to tomorrows games!
WelshEm
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shadizz » Sep 17th, '11, 14:15

Congratulations to the Irish for their win over Australia :y:
Shadizz
Renegade
Renegade

Return to Sports Arena