The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

NBA Lockout Is Over

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

NBA Lockout Is Over

Postby Slim Fiasco » Nov 26th, '11, 18:44

After 15 hours of negotiations Friday-into-Saturday –- and 149 days of lockout start to finish -– representatives of the NBA owners and players reached a tentative deal on settling their various lawsuits that should lead to a new collective bargaining agreement that will salvage a shortened 2011-12 season beginning on Christmas Day.

Details of what will become a new labor contract still were vague when the meeting ended after 3 a.m. ET at a New York law office. But the bones of a deal reportedly call for the players to receive a “band” share of basketball-related income ranging from 49 percent to 51 percent depending on the league’s growth (with a more reasonable shot at 51 than in previous offers). A laundry list of system issues, meanwhile, are intended to make the NBA more competitive across its 30 teams.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/11/2 ... of-a-deal/

Finally the stingy assholes came to their senses. Now I only need the Magic and Wizards to kick ass.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Re: NBA Lockout Is Over

Postby Beak » Nov 26th, '11, 18:51

This dragged on too long. Don't really care if they play now or not. They hurt so many people that need to work & haven't been able to cause of the lockout. Basketball used to be my #1 sport, but now football has taken the top position, followed by hockey, & b ball 3rd.

Sincerely,

Lifetime fan is no more :angry:
Beak
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Ku53v » Nov 26th, '11, 21:23

Fuck the affected people, this is great news
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ka0t1c » Nov 26th, '11, 21:25

it's good for everyone in the long run
oh yeah... and thanks for nothing too
Ka0t1c
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Beak » Dec 6th, '11, 06:23

I can't stand the Celtics or the Lakers for that matter. But if the Lakers can pull off this trade to get Dwight Howard & Chris Paul, they are gonna be a FORCE! :worship:
To bad I'm done with b-ball for now.
Beak
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Spyder » Dec 7th, '11, 19:43

Beak wrote:I can't stand the Celtics or the Lakers for that matter. But if the Lakers can pull off this trade to get Dwight Howard & Chris Paul, they are gonna be a FORCE! :worship:
To bad I'm done with b-ball for now.

no way i see em getting either. my guess is Paul goes to celtics for Rondo and some cash or future draft pick.

either way, finally lose lazy bastards are back to work. greedy assholes
id take league minimum happily for a year doing a job i hated, my less millions
for a couple months playing my favorite sport.

must suck to be them
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Mr.DGAF » Dec 9th, '11, 01:33

Fuck, Lakers just traded Pau and Lamar for Chris Paul. Already hating this trade, like fucking Andrew Bynum is going to be healthy and stable for a full year. Damn, damn, damn!
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Spyder » Dec 9th, '11, 01:38

:o

not the best move for them, ya paul and kobe will rape
but they need at least gasol down low...
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Beak » Dec 9th, '11, 02:10

I don't think they plan on keeping Bynum. Maybe a chance for them to get Howard. Especially if Orlando knows they can't resign him. If the Lakers don't get Howard, they're gonna have to get someone.
Beak
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr.DGAF » Dec 9th, '11, 02:33

That's what I was thinking, but they honestly have nobody else that could draw interest from Orlando. Bynum and what, Shannon Brown could possibly slide into that slot, but then the already ailing bench is hurt even worse. I think Howard is out, though we needed him more than Paul. I'm telling you, kobe should be the sole commander of the back court. I don't know how well he will jell with cp3. Only time will tell, and if we end up winning it all, I'll admit I was wrong. But I really hate losing Pau.
You'd be surprised...

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Ka0t1c » Dec 9th, '11, 02:43

trades aint official yet, but will happen. :whistle:

*guess not :facepalm2
Last edited by Ka0t1c on Dec 9th, '11, 04:25, edited 1 time in total.
Ka0t1c
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Ka0t1c » Dec 9th, '11, 04:24

Mr.DGAF wrote:Fuck, Lakers just traded Pau and Lamar for Chris Paul. Already hating this trade, like fucking Andrew Bynum is going to be healthy and stable for a full year. Damn, damn, damn!

nope, wrong again... trade is off!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_chris_paul_lakers_hornets_nba_120811
Ka0t1c
Role Model
Role Model

Postby RainMan44 » Dec 9th, '11, 05:15

FUCK YES! THANK GOD THE TRADE GOT VETOED! This was a HORRIBLE deal for the Lakers.

We were going to give up ODOM and Pau Gasol for Chris Paul? LMFAO. Two 7 footers (Odom is almost 7 feet, not quite) for a 6 footer? That would basically give up our defensive presence in the inside, our depth (which we're already kind of lacking on) and our versatility....... for a point guard to create shots? (WHEN WE HAVE KOBE FUCKING BRYANT TO HANDLE THE OFFENSE ALREADY!!!)

Other Laker fans who are in favor of this trade just like it because they see the name "Chris Paul". Yes, he's probably the best point guard in the league. Yes, he would be great to have on any team. But you got to look at this from another perspective. We would be left with Bynum (who has a great chance of getting injured) and Caracters (lmao) as our bigs?

And for those who say "well, we could also get Dwight"....well, yes. But there's a huge chance that doesn't happen. What would our best offer be? Bynum and Artest for Dwight? Why would the Magic take that? Lol

Anyway, I THINK this was a bad idea. Glad it got vetoed. HOWEVER, if they could have gotten BOTH Chris AND Dwight, that might be a little different. But even then, we would lack depth.

I think we should just build in little pieces. A small trade here, a little signing of a good shooter there.
"This dude doing this interview wants me to spin a few,
Lyrics while I tie my tennis shoes in the nude
A romantic interlude in a livin’ room,
In an inner tube with a dude with a bit of lube
Fuck that I’m sniffin’ glue, sippin' gin & juice,
And a little bit of paint thinner with my dinner too,
You better pay me for my bars like your rent is due,
Now hurry up and finish dude before I finish you."

GOAT
RainMan44
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr.DGAF » Dec 9th, '11, 13:44

Yes! Trade vetoed, thank goodness. Like Rainman said, this deal was bad for the Lakers. I guess maybe just the prospect of having another superstar was enough for the front office to orchestrate the trade. This is good, we still need work on the team, but CP3 wasn't the way to go, in my opinon.
You'd be surprised...

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Ka0t1c » Dec 9th, '11, 13:51

yeah. it was a bad idea. i think the lakers could use someone like Redd, or even stuckey. pretty much outside presence since they got the inside game just fine. i'd would say TMac, but everyone knows his glory days are over.
Ka0t1c
Role Model
Role Model

Next

Return to Sports Arena